Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Am I being unreasonable?

3K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  ls2gtoowner 
#1 ·
Let me first start off by saying I am in no way shape or forum bashing the company.

Alright so here is the story. I ordered brake lines from sportbiketrackgear (spiegler front lines) anyway I ordered them on 5/6/13 and received them on 5/15/2013. Well I didn't get time to install them until Friday the 17th. Well when I get them all on bled them and all that good stuff. I went on a ride and they felt great I was happy. I get home check everything and the brake line on the right caliper is leaking right out of the top of the banjo (I am thinking the banjo bolt or crush washer is leaking. Everything was cleaned before install). Well it was to late to call sport bike track gear so I had to wait till the weekend was over. I called them yesterday and there response was send them back to us and we will send them to spiegler so they can do their tests on them to see if they are leaking or it is a problem on my end. The whole process taking 1-2 weeks. So basically I would be out of a bike for that long. I would understand if the brake lines were a couple years old they would want them back but they are brand new and don't feel like I should have to go through all that extra work.

So now that you guys know the story do you think it is unreasonable for me to think that they should send me a banjo bolt and some crush washers free of charge? I really don't want to take the whole thing apart and wait longer but I do understand that there are certain procedures for things.

What are your guys thoughts?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you ask for a new banjo bolt or crush washer?

Also if you have the old washers try using those. I had the same issue and just used all the stock hardware cause I'm not a fan of aluminum banjo bolts.

#4 ·
I would think that they would just send new ones but its honestly not sportbiketrackgears problem. They are the middle man in it, yes they sold you the parts, but they didnt make them. And to say that you would be out of the bike for the duration of that is being a little mellowdramatic considering that you should still have the stock lines right? Theres a time and a place for stating that it is making your vehicle unusable, this doesnt seem like one of them. Now is it a full on pain in your ass? Definitely and I feel for you there. We've all been in that spot with something one time or another. Good luck and let us know what the resolution is.

#5 ·
I totally understand that sportbiketrackgear is the middle man and that's why I said I understand why they would have to do that and I don't have stock lines because they are aftermarket calipers for my bike so my stock lines won't fit. So the bike will be out of commission for that length of time until they get my lines back. It isn't my mode of transportation though but I do like to ride it on the weekends.

#6 ·
I had ordered my Driven D Axis rearsets from motomummy and I had a snapping break on my shift lever. Called up Driven directly, they told me to send some pics and they sent me a new one free of charge and shipping. I'd hit up the manufacture rather then STG since they are just the middle man. Always go to the top if you need something taken care of want the truest answer. Just my 2 cents though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
Have you tried talking to spiegler directly?

In a way I kinda think its a little unreasonable but maybe spieglers having quality control issues and STG wants to bring it up? I know its not the best customer service advantage but I have used that tactic in the past to kinda put their foot in their mouth.

#8 ·
Personally, I'd just grab some new crush washers and see if that helps. If not, I'd do as suggested above and contact Speigler directly.

#11 ·
I told spiegler while I was on the phone I can pick up crush washers locally if that is my only issue and they said I could but they had issues with crush washers that aren't theirs not sealing correctly so they recommend if I have the same issue to have them send me new crush washers.

#12 ·
Well, looks like you got things moving along, awesome. Hopefully you wont be down long.

#14 ·
I would have just called the manufacturer as well, so good on you for doing that. However I am a little bit confused about how all of a sudden you can't ride.

-You just ordered the Spiegler's a couple of weeks ago and installed them, one leaks.
-You have aftermarket calipers so the stock lines wouldn't work.

You couldn't just put the brake lines you had prior to installing the Spiegler's back on until the issue is resolved???

#18 ·
The OP is from Arizona. I don't think they have modding seasons in Arizona unless you travel up into the mountains. :0001136745-huh:

#20 · (Edited)
Thx for the aftermarket caliper vs stock explanation, that now makes your point non mellowdramatic. Im glad to see that spiegler themselves are providing the expected customer service.

I did have a similar situation where I bought EBC brakes for my car because the stock rotors are undersized for the car and warp badly in under 10K miles. I literally couldnt drive the car as bad as they got. I ordered the brakes and they sent the wrong rotors, then wouldnt send the right ones that I paid for until they sent a RMA and received the ones they sent incorrectly back to them. I was one frustrated puppy as it was in November in pennsylvania and a 45 minute commute to work, so the bike wasnt a whole lot of help at that point.

#21 ·
No problem for the explanation hahah I had that happen to me once I don't remember exactly what it was for but it was a bitch and I was pissed. After taking it apart I noticed one crush washer had a groove all the way around it. So I took that one out and put a new one in and no leak yet so I am thinking that was the issue.

Here is pic of what I am talking about. Finger Ring Metal Fashion accessory Jewellery

The top crush washer is what I am talking about.

#23 ·
Well I know me ill be pissed 2 weeks is way to long for me not to be riding, but that's just me.I feel for u tho not the middle mans fault but they need to do a better job on providing a better return service. Hope u don't have to pay to return the parts too. anyways I'm on Ur side on this One 2 weeks is too long to wait for parts..

#27 ·
So after letting the bike sit for 24hours I went outside to the garage to see if it is leaking and it is ever so slightly. :( after talking to Robert at spiegler he is sending me crush washer. Great customer service over there. He is sending them from kurveygirl that way I get them quicker because they are closer. Although I am having issues with the lines they have nice people over there and they understand people love riding and are trying everything they can do get me riding my bike.

#28 ·
Hope the new washers get you fixed up. Its good to see a company doing right by the customer with quality customer service. Thats the best way to earn a customer for life is treating them right if something goes wrong.

I'm having issues with my brakes too. I'm building my front brakes on my busa (new calipers, lines, pads) So, had to order some new banjo bolts and they sent me the bolts but was missing one crush washer. It took a min to explain to the customer service rep what was wrong because, they were mistakenly thinking I didn't receive the bolt period.

Anyway, they said that they would send out a special order with some new crush washers to me.

#29 · (Edited)
It really is nice having large companies treat their customer with great service. I am just hoping that's the issue because he said if its not he is going to want the lines back for testing. So we will see what happens. I really hope this is the issue I am tired of bleeding my brakes lol

I asked Robert as spiegler what are the chances of it being a line or banjo or banjo bolt and he said very slim to none. He said "it happens sometimes but very rarely but regardless of the issue something isn't right and we will take care of it until it is right"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.