2017 GSXR1000 and GSXR1000R! - GSXR.com
 10Likes
  • 1 Post By tigerblade
  • 1 Post By tigerblade
  • 2 Post By CraigStevens
  • 2 Post By CraigStevens
  • 1 Post By Ozsyd600
  • 1 Post By ruenin
  • 2 Post By tigerblade
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 4,814
Garage
2017 GSXR1000 and GSXR1000R!

Anyone wanna buy a barely used 750? Adult ridden, mostly on weekends?

2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000R - A Two-Pronged Approach
MadeInAmerica likes this.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Rider
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 361
I'm already contemplating trading my ZX-10R next March!!
tennisfreak is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 4,814
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
I'm already contemplating trading my ZX-10R next March!!
The ZX-10RR looks to be pretty wicked too...
chicken_strippin likes this.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Terd Ferguson
 
JohnPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 888,895,552
want
JohnPaul is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Pro Racer
 
CraigStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jersey, The New One
Posts: 1,764
The 2018 GSXS-750, holy shit!
chicken_strippin and ruenin like this.
CraigStevens is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Pro Racer
 
CraigStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jersey, The New One
Posts: 1,764
I've only owned one Kawasaki in my life, but I'd definitely consider this one. Z-900
tennisfreak and ruenin like this.
CraigStevens is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Novice
 
Tekime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Maine
Posts: 54
Garage
Stopped by the Suzuki shop in town today and was heckling them about the 2017 GSX-R1000..

he said they might have one by end of year I'm skeptical about his information lol

I wish the 750 was getting some of the updates like VVT and SFFT. And I kind of think the 2015 model was a bit sexier.. but dammmn that 1000 is sexy on paper and it's supposed to be a monster.

Beemer killer?

Tekime is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Pro Racer
 
Motionelco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Golden state
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
Stopped by the Suzuki shop in town today and was heckling them about the 2017 GSX-R1000..



he said they might have one by end of year I'm skeptical about his information lol



I wish the 750 was getting some of the updates like VVT and SFFT. And I kind of think the 2015 model was a bit sexier.. but dammmn that 1000 is sexy on paper and it's supposed to be a monster.



Beemer killer?


The smaller sibling will get the update as soon as that new R6(?) is unveiled in a week :
Motionelco is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 4,814
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
Stopped by the Suzuki shop in town today and was heckling them about the 2017 GSX-R1000..

he said they might have one by end of year I'm skeptical about his information lol

I wish the 750 was getting some of the updates like VVT and SFFT. And I kind of think the 2015 model was a bit sexier.. but dammmn that 1000 is sexy on paper and it's supposed to be a monster.

Beemer killer?
I wouldn't expect to see them until spring. MAYBE early spring. They have no real incentive to update the 750 unless the 600 gets updated and it can piggyback. It's actually a bit surprising they even keep making the 750 but since it's essentially the same bike as the 600 with more displacement, there are economies of scale.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 07:48 AM
Rider
 
ruenin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 285
Garage
I know there are a lot of track only people in here, but for the life of me, I can't understand why they ditched all the integrated lights for stalks. You just know the US model is going to have those ugly ass pumpkins on them. Why Suzuki? WHYYYYY!!?!?

L2 GSXR 600

If it's not fast, I'm not interested
ruenin is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Rider
 
BMinerK5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South New Jersey
Posts: 132
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
I know there are a lot of track only people in here, but for the life of me, I can't understand why they ditched all the integrated lights for stalks. You just know the US model is going to have those ugly ass pumpkins on them. Why Suzuki? WHYYYYY!!?!?


Completely agree. Every other make has them integrated. Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, and Ducati. Plus narrowed down the tail like the mid 2000's again. MPG gauge? Why?? It's digital and a gauge. They did add a fuel gauge which I like.

BMiner
BMinerK5 is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 11:45 AM
Pro Racer
 
Ozsyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMinerK5 View Post
Completely agree. Every other make has them integrated. Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, and Ducati. Plus narrowed down the tail like the mid 2000's again. MPG gauge? Why?? It's digital and a gauge. They did add a fuel gauge which I like.


The fuel gauge is a plus. However I'm not a fan of the digital tach. I must be getting old


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnPaul likes this.

Is it June yet?
Ozsyd600 is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Rider
 
BMinerK5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South New Jersey
Posts: 132
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozsyd600 View Post
The fuel gauge is a plus. However I'm not a fan of the digital tach. I must be getting old


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I don't like the digital tach either. I don't care about the outside temp or the amount of traction control settings. Why 10?! How much difference will 10 different settings give you?

BMiner
BMinerK5 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 105
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
I know there are a lot of track only people in here, but for the life of me, I can't understand why they ditched all the integrated lights for stalks. You just know the US model is going to have those ugly ass pumpkins on them. Why Suzuki? WHYYYYY!!?!?
*nods*

AND, if you remove the rear fender, you lose the rear turn signals! Guess Suzuki really REALLY wants owners to leave that s*** alone.
Lagarto is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 06:03 AM
Rider
 
ruenin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 285
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMinerK5 View Post
I don't like the digital tach either. I don't care about the outside temp or the amount of traction control settings. Why 10?! How much difference will 10 different settings give you?
Maybe, but then, I think it's an aesthetics thing. For example, I really like the cluster on the R1 and R1M, but that's because it looks incredibly high tech and it's full color. My FZ-07 had a monochromatic digital tach and I hated it. It's very blah. I don't like it on the Fireblade either. I think the analog tach and digital speedo is perfect and I wish they would leave that alone purely for aesthetics. Save the all digital for the electric bikes, lol.
BMinerK5 likes this.

L2 GSXR 600

If it's not fast, I'm not interested
ruenin is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 4,814
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagarto View Post
*nods*

AND, if you remove the rear fender, you lose the rear turn signals! Guess Suzuki really REALLY wants owners to leave that s*** alone.
Nah, they just want you to turn it into a track bike!
chicken_strippin and Lagarto like this.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 4,814
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
Maybe, but then, I think it's an aesthetics thing. For example, I really like the cluster on the R1 and R1M, but that's because it looks incredibly high tech and it's full color. My FZ-07 had a monochromatic digital tach and I hated it. It's very blah. I don't like it on the Fireblade either. I think the analog tach and digital speedo is perfect and I wish they would leave that alone purely for aesthetics. Save the all digital for the electric bikes, lol.
I didn't like the digital tach on my RC51. And it's even less important on a twin. These newer displays are a lot better though.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GSXR.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome