Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

What temperature does your 06 600 run at?

43K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  SteveM89 
#1 ·
I am wondering if my temperature is running to hot. I know the manuel says shut it off at 248F i think. After riding for about 10 minutes I get up to about 220. Even if im on the highway doing a constant 70mph i still stay in the 190'sF. Is this normal or too hot? Also, this is dumb but i cant find where to read the coolent level. I see the picture in the manual but can't find it. Can some one give me a hand here?

#7 ·
looking at the front of your bike, look behind the front wheels, on the left side, you should see it...

EDIT: or maybe it's on the right side, but yeah, it should be below the headlight, behind the front wheel

#8 ·
if your standing in front of your bike, looking at it (headlight.) The coolant box will be on the left side, but it is inside the left fairing. If you look to the left of your left fork (under the headlight) there should be a square cut out in the fairing. Look at the angle and you can see the coolant container (green coolant) and you should see the level markers. Hope this helps!

It is a little tough to see I might add. If you don't mind, just go ahead and take of the left side fairing, your gonna have to if you need to pour stuff in.

#12 ·
230 sitting in f%cking traffic on a 100 + day. on the highway 185 usually. oh, and the coolant level is behind your right fairing right behind your radiator under your ram air tubes. super easy to find.

#13 ·
So i have a gsxr 600 06 and if im sitting on the bike with my hands on the grips, i can see my over fill tank and if i look closley i can easily read the level and see the fluid. My bike may be different not sure wouldnt hurt to try just look to the right of the gauges it sits just behind the front wheel, right behind the Front Right side fairing. Its true youll need to take your fairing off. But you can disconnect just the top half and fill while holding so it doesn't break the bottom fasteners from its weight. So support it. Instead of taking the whole fairing off.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender

#15 ·
The thermostat start to opening at 180F and fully opened at 203F, so 190F on highway is most ordinary.
OK, Really? This thread is 15 yrs old! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.