Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

sprocket change question

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  busdriver 
#1 ·
so im thinking about doing a sprocket change on my k7 600 to give it more torque... i was told to go -1 in the front and +2 in the rear... to be honest im not very familiar with this type of job.. if i could get some suggestions on what to buy it would be helpful.... thanks for your help in advance-Darryl

#4 · (Edited)
Go to motomummy.com get your bikes stock gearing numbers off there, confirm that's what you have then order a sprocket for 1 tooth less in the front and order a sprocket with 2 teeth more for the rear. If you have basic mechanical abilities and decent selection of tools you should be able to do the job yourself if not bring it by the house and I'll throw em on there for ya....:thumbup:

#6 ·
You will lose roughly 15 mph with a -1 +2 setup make sure you get a speedo adj to keep up the miles and also to know your mph !!.02... If it were me i would do -1 +1 ... Jus saying:thumbup: Motomummy has the stock gearing app on their website

#7 ·
A service manual and someone that knows what they are doing would be very beneficial. If you feel unsure of what you are doing, take the bike to someone that does..Incorrectly installing a chain spells diaster to your bike and/or yourself.

As far as what gearing you go with, the most common is -1/+2, -1, +1, and stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.