Tyres for GSXR 750 K7 - GSXR.com
 13Likes
  • 1 Post By Ix_SOUNDWAVE_xI
  • 1 Post By Racerxxxgsxr1000
  • 2 Post By blkoutgsxr
  • 1 Post By Winchester Boy
  • 2 Post By blkoutgsxr
  • 2 Post By Winchester Boy
  • 2 Post By Ozsyd600
  • 2 Post By smartyd
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
Post Tyres for GSXR 750 K7

Looking for a set of tyres for my recent purchase.
What tyres are people riding and can recommend.

Thanks
smartyd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 04:52 AM
Racer
 
Racerxxxgsxr1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 628
Just street or track?

.
.
.
.
.
.
"Crazy people don't know they're crazy, but I know I am, so I must not be crazy"
Racerxxxgsxr1000 is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxxgsxr1000 View Post
Just street or track?
Mainly road with occasional track use. I'm based in UK so will be doing a lot of riding in Europe too.
smartyd is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 06:21 AM
Operation ... squid
 
Ix_SOUNDWAVE_xI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NORTH CAROLINA
Posts: 9,288
tomahawk!!! the only question u should be asking is what color!!!
smartyd likes this.

Got a mind that a map wouldn't find

K6 GsxR 1K

A smile with every mile



Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_strippin View Post
Fizzy drink and breaded ham? More like fuzzy pink or bearded clam
I'm proud to say I'm a cage free chicken.
Ix_SOUNDWAVE_xI is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Racer
 
Racerxxxgsxr1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 628
Dunlop Q3's are aggressive street, Michelin Pilot power 3's, Pirelli SP V2's, and Bridgestone S20 EVO's are all top tires.
The Pirellis might wear a little faster.
smartyd likes this.

.
.
.
.
.
.
"Crazy people don't know they're crazy, but I know I am, so I must not be crazy"
Racerxxxgsxr1000 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:13 AM
Pro Racer
 
blkoutgsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,454
Garage
Michelin Pilot ROAD 4. Grippy, but will last a long time. I've heard some even take them to the track. I rode the rear on the Dragon and all around that area with no issues. I'm not getting a knee down nor do I care to, but they are good tires.
Todd_Sails and smartyd like this.

SRAD600: "...but when I crack that throttle and my smile goes ear to ear and my pecker perks up I cant think of what better motivation to take care of her."
blkoutgsxr is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 6,962
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkoutgsxr View Post
Michelin Pilot ROAD 4. Grippy, but will last a long time. I've heard some even take them to the track. I rode the rear on the Dragon and all around that area with no issues. I'm not getting a knee down nor do I care to, but they are good tires.
As you know Blackie I use the Pilot Roads and they're great for me an average rider.
The only negative thing I've heard about them is that if a really fast rider does a track day with them they will get a little bit slick but I think it would take a fast guy to run into this.
smartyd likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsnips View Post
It was an "inflatable companion" not a doll.
Winchester Boy is online now  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Pro Racer
 
blkoutgsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,454
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Boy View Post
As you know Blackie I use the Pilot Roads and they're great for me an average rider.
The only negative thing I've heard about them is that if a really fast rider does a track day with them they will get a little bit slick but I think it would take a fast guy to run into this.
After getting mine and seeing you ride on yours, I recommend them to EVERYONE, unless they are just some insane track rider. For the street, not much can beat what they do. Good life in the middle, and sticky enough on the edges.
Winchester Boy and Todd_Sails like this.

SRAD600: "...but when I crack that throttle and my smile goes ear to ear and my pecker perks up I cant think of what better motivation to take care of her."
blkoutgsxr is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 6,962
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkoutgsxr View Post
After getting mine and seeing you ride on yours, I recommend them to EVERYONE, unless they are just some insane track rider. For the street, not much can beat what they do. Good life in the middle, and sticky enough on the edges.
I should be back up to speed this year because with my new glasses I can actually see.
I'm really looking forward to warm weather to see what a difference they make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsnips View Post
It was an "inflatable companion" not a doll.
Winchester Boy is online now  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Pro Racer
 
Ozsyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Boy View Post
I should be back up to speed this year because with my new glasses I can actually see.

I'm really looking forward to warm weather to see what a difference they make.


Being able to see is useful :-) I'm sure the new glasses will let you go much faster!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winchester Boy and Newyork like this.

Is it June yet?
Ozsyd600 is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozsyd600 View Post
Being able to see is useful :-) I'm sure the new glasses will let you go much faster!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had my eyes lazered about 8 years ago. Having not to wear glasses or contact lens whilst riding makes life a lot more simple. Never looked back (no pun)
smartyd is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Rider
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 275
Garage
My current K5 LiterBike I was lucky enough to own a few months ago came with:

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's on it.

They have been great so far, never a problem cornering, and hard to break it loose on the straights.

The Michelin page states they are dual compound, firmer in the middle, and softer/grippier on the sides/edges.- They claim the first tire built this way.
Best of both worlds.

I just read some reviews on them, moderately priced it seems,
and has excellent reviews.
I think I'll get another set when the time comes.

K5 Liter Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ix_SOUNDWAVE_xI View Post
holy sex on wheels
u sir are screwed now ...
team k5/k6 for a full decade of win!
BOTM- December 2016
Todd_Sails is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Squid
 
mcjochn3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13
Garage
Try new Michelin Power RS and you will thank me soon :-) trust me

GSX-R 750 K2
mcjochn3 is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Racer
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 760
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartyd View Post
Had my eyes lazered about 8 years ago. Having not to wear glasses or contact lens whilst riding makes life a lot more simple. Never looked back (no pun)
I've been considering this, are there any down sides to the surgery post op? I've heard chronic dry eye with some discomfort are common but have never heard directly from a person who has had the surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
http://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GSXR.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome