Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Bazzaz Z-bomb?

24K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  tenracing 
#1 ·
Should I get one for my k6 600? Do I even need it? I can get one for $30 bucks which is 40 cheaper than retail.

#5 ·
This ad wouldn't have been posted if you didn't confuse the shit out of me when I asked about it. :infrandom

#3 ·
For $30, go for it. The Z Bomb is Bazzaz's version of the TRE. I wouldn't pay full price for one tho.

#9 ·
ZBomb

Not to burst your bubble, but I would call Bazzaz and see what the gains would be for the GSXR's. Bazzaz explained to me after I bought it unfortunately,the ZBomb is not a TRE for the GSXR's. I got rid of mine because the ZBomb was only a top speed eliminator and may help smooth out throttle a bit. You will gain absolutely no HP gains like some of the other Honda's . I like and use Bazzaz products but if you want a TRE go with something else if this is the case for you bike.

#11 ·
Not to burst your bubble, but I would call Bazzaz and see what the gains would be for the GSXR's. Bazzaz explained to me after I bought it unfortunately,the ZBomb is not a TRE for the GSXR's. I got rid of mine because the ZBomb was only a top speed eliminator and may help smooth out throttle a bit. You will gain absolutely no HP gains like some of the other Honda's . I like and use Bazzaz products but if you want a TRE go with something else if this is the case for you bike.
i disagree/agree, it will not make more horsepower, it does un-neuter the lower four gears...

#15 ·
From there site...they have a little truth in advertising issue:

Bazzaz Z Bomb - Most GSX-R's

Z bomb for GSX-R's

• Z bomb Eliminates Performance Restriction imposed on bike via stock ignition timing in lower gears
• Z bomb Improves Throttle Response
• Zbomb Eliminates Top Speed Eliminator on some bikes "allowing the bike to exceed 185mph"
• Z Bomb Will allow Gear indicator will function normally for gears 1-5 "will read 5th gear for both 5th & 6th"
• Zbomb Can be utilized by itself, or with aftermarket Fuel Injection controller.

source: http://www.hardracing.com/bazzazzbomb.htm

#19 ·
no gains in lower gears on Zbomb

right from bazzaz.com, says nothing about lower gear rev restrictions... only top speed limiter elimination....

No reason to install it in my opinion...

----------------bazzaz.com------------------
Eliminates performance restrictions imposed on bike via stock ignition timing (application for all GSXR models Bazzaz makes a fuel control unit for).

The Z-Bomb Suzuki is a simple plug-in unit that eliminates the top speed restriction on most Suzuki sport bikes*.

The simple plug in unit installs in minutes with just a screwdriver and a 5mm hex key.
The Z-Bomb integrates perfectly with all the Z-Fi products as well as other aftermarket tuning units.

• Eliminates top speed (185mph) speed limiter
• Accurate gear indicator 1st - 5th gear
• Can be used by itself or with aftermarket EMS
• Plugs in-line with GPS (Gear Position Sensor)
• Street Legal

Fits:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.