Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to get top performance for 2007 GSXR 600

18K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  JohnPaul 
#1 ·
HI, im new to this site and i was wondering if someone can tell me a few things to get top speed and performance out of my 2007 Gsxr 600....anything besides getting turbo would be great.

#2 ·
Top speed? You mean 160-ish mph isn't fast enough? I mean how often do you plan on going top speed? Obviously this is your first bike...right?

#4 ·
I would say it's his or her first bike. If this person doesn't know what the basic mods are then they should get to know the STOCK bike first. I suggest the MSF riding class.

#3 ·
Hello,

Just my humble opinion, but I'd start with a K&N filter, NGK Iridium spark plugs. Ohlins TTX36 rear suspension if you have 1k to blow.

Not sure if you want to race, but be careful doing too much or else you'll bump yourself into a different racing class.

Some would say get a different exhaust with a power commander, but I'm going to wait on that. I don't really need it, the bike is pretty damn fast as is.

Some braided front brake lines wouldn't hurt.

Just don't piss away money on the bike. Jesse James put it well when he said "If it doesn't make it go faster or stop faster, don't put it on the bike."

Those **** that put chrome on their bike with gaudy lame as fuk lazer light shows are attention whores who aren't concerned with performance, just getting the attention they didn't get as a kid from mommy. Don't do that. If you start chroming the hell out of a sport bike chances are you'll start eating fried chicken and water melon and doing burn outs all over the place and have an affinity for going really fast in a straight line.

Fwiw, I took off my passenger pegs and did my own fender eliminator that cost about 6 dollars (1 LED and two L brackets from Home Depot).

Oh yea and as the other beratting old school forum members mentioned. Read the hell out of the forums, your service manual (free online) and don't be a lazy fat ass. Stay trimmed and fit if you want to haul ass and get laid.

Ok take care,

Newb Rider

#7 ·
Okay, enough of the useless posts. By the way, I deleted the post of the guy flaming. The easiest way to get more than stock topend will be to re-gear the bike. Of course that means losing bottom end torque.

#8 ·
Get a smaller sprocket in the back, I bieleve that will give you some top end......(not 100% sure of all the details, just my idea on something simple that might work for you!)

#9 ·
THis Is to the newb rider

First off...It sounds like your a real *** and your mad cause you cant have chrome cause your money is short like your height. There are people with chrome and there bike is faster then yours, like my bike!!! It sounds like mommy gave you too many hugs and now your Gay saying the things you said. Just cause you cant offord chrome and speed at the same time does not give yoiu the right to offer stupid info and what's with this chicken and water melon...were you talking about Black people??that you are most likely scared of??? and by the way there are fat people that get laid more then you...might be doing yours right now ***!!!! WHAT????:arsenal:arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.