Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Highway wheelie question?!

8K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  trancedmp3 
#1 ·
I have an 07 gixxer 750 (stock). i can do 1st, 2nd gear wheelies clutch and power no problems. Now to pull a wheelie on the highway i gotta be in 2nd i usually clutch it up but for that i gotta be doing like 70-80 km's/h (thats when it usually comes right up). Whats the best thing to do without slowing down cars and besides slipping it into 3rd? Ive tried bringin it up in 3rd but barely comes up.... and in second i gotta slow down to 70 kms/h which is pretty slow on the highway! Any ideas?? or is my only option slipping into 3rd? Or should it come up in 3rd and iam doin somethin wrong? thnks in advance

#9 ·
iam not practicing wheelies on the highway and when i do go on the highway theres barely any cars around. i know not to do wheelies in rush hour.... but that wasnt really my question. To make the question easier to do wheelies at higher speeds, is my only option slipping from 2nd to 3rd or should it come up in 3rd?

#14 ·
Yea... this really isnt the place to talk about stunting..
Just out of curiousity if the STUNTS section of GSXR.com isnt the place for a guy with a GSXR to talk about stunting where should he?

Hopefully you ment the highway as "this place" either way as much as Im sure 99% of the ppl will agree the high way isnt the place to do it, Im sure the OP knows that. For a minute just forget that hes the only one in the world who ever breaks a traffic and law and just help the poor guy out sheesh! lol

#13 ·
actually changing your sprockets to add torque, you will have to slow down MORE in second...simply because it moves the powerband down in the lower RPM range. Typically the -1/+2 teeth on front/rear sprockets will have about a 1000 rpm effect on the tach. What the sprockets would do for him is allow him to bring it up in 3rd gear. You can do it stock if you bounce it right in third, but surely you can w/ -1/+2.

Oh...and ya....dont do stunts on the highway.

#15 · (Edited)
Learn how-to clutch it to BP and you won't have to worry about what speed to bring it up at. I have a completely stock 05 636 (15 front and 43 Rear) and I can bring it up in 2nd at about 25 mph, 30 mph, or 50 mph. It doesn't matter how fast your going, once you learn how to clutch, you won't even look at the speedometer......your bring it up purely by being comfortable and knowing what works for you.

Just remember to cover that brake and remember that engine brake helps also.......but most importantly, Practice and Seat time is the best method for learning.:thumbup: Oh yeah, bringing it up in 3rd will seem like a hard task being that you'll have to be going faster then the speed limit, so if I was you I would just keep it in second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.