Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

F1 code? what is that?

206K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  rv6john 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I bought a 2004 gsxr 600 and didn't notice that red light and the flashing F1 in the temp area.

The question is what is that and how do I get rid of it? Can I still ride with it on like that without messing up the bike?

2004 gsxr stock with yosh pip...

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Use the search feature on this site. you'll find instructions on how to put the bike in dealer mode which will give you the FI code, like C(some#). This code corresponds to what the issue is on the bike. Find out what the code is and again use the search feature to find it out. It most likely has something to do with your exhaust, but you never know.

Like I said, do some searching on how to put the bike in dealer mode and pull a code.

Good luck!

#7 ·
so i bought a 2004 gsxr 600 and didnt notice that red light and the flashing F1 in the temp area.. Question is what is that and how do i get rid of it? can i still ride with it on like that without messing up the bike?

2004 gsxr stock with yosh pip...
It is a FI not F1 light fyi.....i had the same problem when i change my pipe. Just have it re-mapped and you will be good to go!!

#8 ·
FI light

I have an '06 600 and I'm in Jersey. Riding time is limited so in the winter I start it up every 2 - 3 weeks. The FI is for Fuel Injection on the '06's. I would assume it's the same for all. My red light and indicator came on this morning, I let it run for 15 mins. I shut the bike off, then restarted it, and now it's off. Try to same and when the bike gets up to a good temp, rev the throttle to 7 or 8 rpms. If all else fails, call the dealer first before taking it there so you don't waste a ton of $$.

#13 ·
Incase you didn't find it. There is no dealer switch on your bike. You have to find two wires on a blank pigtail and put a jumper between them. Or better yet, install a rocker switch somewhere on your bike. The wires on all the bikes I've seen are on the left side under the rear fairing. The switch is the way to go because this is a pain to do everytime you have a code.

• Helpful
Reactions: admin
#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is a plug in the tail section, and you can buy a "dealer switch" and connect to it, if ever "F1" code shows, you simply click the switch, and get the code on your dash...

If C46 is the code, I would check the exhaust control valve.

Does your bike have aftermarket exhaust?? if so, then that's probably the reason. If the one who changed the exhaust, removed the control valve, you need to get one, plug it in, and fasten it somewhere where it´s safe.

#15 ·
There is a plug in the tail section, you can buy "dealer switch" and connect to it, if ever "F1" code shows, you simply click the switch, and get the code on your dash...

if C46 is the code, i would check the exhaust control valve.
Does your bike have aftermarket exhaust?? if so, then thats probable the reason. if the one who changed the exhaust, removed the control valve, you need to get one, plug it in, and fasten it somewhere where it´s save.

Do happen to have a pics of that the plug looks like and where its located or sitting by?

#16 ·
No pix, sorry..
but on my 1000, it´s located in the left side of the tail section, has a rubber cover over it.
I´m not sure where exacly it is on the 600, but it is there in the tail section.

Call 001-803-285-8093 on monday, ask for Dwayne, he´ll help you, i think he can even get you this dealer switch.

#17 ·
On the k6six, its a 6pin female connector. has a black rubber cap on it. Sits near the negative terminal of the battery. Its prolly jammed into the crack in there somewhere...There is a pic of it in the manual, if you go to the Technical FAQ section, and look for the manual for your bike, im sure u will find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.