Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Gel Seat

14K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  jixxerlover 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the gel seat and or they worth it?

#6 ·
I got one for my bike and it does help for the most part but one thing that it does which took some getting use to was raise the back of the seat. This gives you the tendancy of sliding forward more often. Oh and it looks good too :)

#9 ·
Oh hell yes it made a huge difference for me and they look petty good also. i think i paid 150.00 for mine on ebay.:thumbup:

#10 ·
:thefingerso I am debating between the corbin or the gel and I have not seen anything on the corbin... and the gel is cheaper.... I am glad you guys love yours I need one now my stock one on my k7 sucks really really really bad it hurts to go on long rides

SO HANDS DOWN YOU GUYS SAY HELL YES TO THE GEL!!!

IM IN I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I LIKE MINE...

THANKS AGAIN!!!

#17 ·
I have one and hate mine. I don't see the big deal with mine. Maybe mine is defective. It's not as super soft as I thought it would be. I only like the fact that it is leather so it makes leaning of the bike and riding twisties more enjoyable.

Anybody want a GEL GSXR leather seat let me know.

#23 ·
Sargent Atomic Gel seat

I have the Sargent Atomic Gel seat with matching rear seat skin. I have to say the stock one was more cushy but I still like it. Its more like I converted to a race seat than gel. I think other brands probably make a softer gel than this. The underside is really cool with a carbon look frame but no one will ever see it.
L8R,
Sterling

#26 ·
If you don't mind doing a little bit of work, my friend bought a gel seat for a bicycle, he then removed the vinyl cover from the seat. After doing this he then traced the gel insert and slowly carved away the seat foam. Just be carful not to go through as reinstallation will be really tough. After this was done he glued into place and recovered seat. Also be a good time to replace seat cover if so desired. In total he saved huge and only took him 1.5 hours.:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.