Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

chain tightening

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Gixxerlos82 
#1 ·
I was told by a mechanic that my chain is too loose and I need to tighten it which im not surprised of because I havnt tightened it since I bought the bike but I dont have a sprocket big enough for loosening the rear wheel. Could anyone tell me the size of sprocket I need to buy so I dont have to keep buying and returning them lol and also what should I torque it to when I tighten it back up? thanks any other tips would be appreciated

p.s I have a k5 600

#4 ·
also when you tighten your axel nut after tightening the chain, it will actually tighten the chain a little bit more so be sure to give it enough slack so that after you tighten the wheel nut you still get the ~1/2" worth of play in your chain that you need.

#5 ·
You can always ask someone at the store if they will walk out with you to your bike so you can make sure the socket fits. That's what I did at sears and they were very cool about it. I just told them I didn't know what size socket I needed and I was going to buy it once I found the right size socket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.