Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

how to identify suzuki engine??

71K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Glantzy 
#1 ·
i have a suzuki engine that i ended up picking up. do not know what year it is because the guy had some rims tht were newer and some older rims. the engine say suzuki on it and has a suzuki oil filter. the number on the engine is T713-144775. could soeone please help me out. thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I own a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 600 that engine right there is from the years ranging 00-04 roughly.. it could be a 600 or a 750 I'll take some pics of the 2 I have in my garage right now.. and help you identify what year/size it is... Check back tomorrow! :thumbup:

#7 ·
that engine is deff under 06...the Pair valve on the top isnt like the electronic one thats on my k7... and the starter on it is on the right side...on my 600 its on the left side...and im sure the 750 is the same as the 600 motor..just a few differences... so id say its an 03-05 1000...

#8 ·
im not sure on the year but i would agree with the others on a k6 down. as for the cc it should be on the base of the jugs. it will say the cc cast onto it.. if its 988 its a k4/k3 (or poss k2/k1) if its 998 its a k5/k6 and then if it says 748 or 5xx its a 750 or 600 respectivly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.