Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

99-750 SRAD wont start

11K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  speedyphil 
#1 ·
I havent ended up using my injected 750 SRAD much this year, and went to start it today after a few months without use. It has always started fine in the past.
It fired for a few seconds then stopped - fuel pump is not priming, so I guess it just used the fuel in the rail, then stopped.
Does anyone know if there is a separate relay for the fuel pump, or is it controlled by the ECU, or is it the pump itself? How do I check what it needs.
The dash also says "chec" on it, when I turn the ignition on - never noticed this before.
Any advice on how to sort this would be appreciated.

#4 · (Edited)
I doubt that will work - the pump does not pressurise the fuel rail, so I cannot see how pushing the bike will get fuel pressure from an electric pump?
Unless I am missing something obvious - it started and ran for a few seconds until it drained the fuel from the rail, which was not replaced by the pump.

#6 ·
Why do people call the older 750's SRAD's (Suzuki Ram Air Direct) thats just the name of the "ram air system"
I had a Tl1000r with superbike sticker placed on the cowl like the SRAD's. Never called it a TL1000r SUPERBIKE!!
OK I know that doesnt help yer thread.
Does sound like your fuel pump. i dont believe there is another relay, Its a carb bike right, no ECU? Sounds like the pump isnt doin the job to keep the bike running.

#7 ·
GSXR 750 wont start

Injected.
I run my own garage but have never taken the bike apart - I guess the pump is in the tank is it?
I think its most likely the pump - they never seem to like standing and not being used on any vehicle, but I wan not sure if they had a relay or used the injection ECU to drive the pump, or even if there was a known issue with them as there are on some cars.

I know the reason it won't start is because it has no fuel, but was just not sure if it was the pump or some other issue - guess I'll have to find it and investigate.

I always call it an SRAD as thats what every biker I have ever known has called it - and it has SRAD in great big letters on the side!!

Thanks for eveyones suggestions.

#9 ·
It was the stand.

Thanks for all the help. I charged it up, looked over this website, and then put the stand up and down half a dozen times.
Turned the ignition key, and the pump started to whir, and she started straight away.

Many thanks to everyone for suggestion, help, and for the website for the information it has - saved me from taking it to the bike shop for repair!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.