Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

An automatic kickstand should pop out as soon as the bike is turned off

8K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  OUTINFRONT 
#1 ·
So pissed. Today im coming into my driveway from the gym. As Im turning in I dodge this patch of gravel in the middle of the driveway and am feeling pretty good. I hit the kill switch lean it over and CRASH! no kickstand was there. I immeditely picked the bike up, and luckily nothing is broken. Just a little scratches here and there which are barely noticable. BUT still, I dropped my baby :headshake

#5 ·
:headscratwhere the hell did you get a GSXR with an Automatic kickstand?:hmmm:

you have to actually Kick your kickstand into the ready position for it to work.....:cool:

#12 ·
dont feel bad...about five or so years ago i was behind a guy that had a full dressed out gold wing, watched him come up to stop light and the bike fell over ....it had auto landing gear looking gizmo that didnt work, so he said he didnt bother to put his feet down..took both of us to stand that boat anchor back up :lol:

#14 ·
That's why I don't use my kill switch! When I come to a stop I put the kickstand down to turn the motor off. Then once the bike is resting on the kickstand I flip the kill switch! I've got a kickstand plate that I keep in my tail for when I park on pavement.

#16 ·
LMFAO thats funny as hell:laughingr.. U would still think to look least i would.. But yea glad nothing broke..

#21 ·
Ya, the asphalt gets nice and squishy when it gets hot here in San Antonio. I carry a plastic puck in my cargo just for that reason. I tell my friends that if the DO have to park on that type of surface to get a rock, crushed/flattened aluminum can, whatever..... anything is better than coming out to find your bike laid over and then you get to struggle to get it back up while trying to tear the kickstand out from whatever it sunk into! Most of the local motorcycle shops carry kickstand pucks for a buck or two, or improvise and make your own! It is worth it in the long run!

Note: attach a string/cord to it so you can drop and position it while seated and tether it to your handlebar so you don't forget it! And a plastic bag might help for storage because it may be muddy or pick up oils from the ground.

#24 ·
I had a friend laser cut me the gsxr logo out of a steel plate makes a nice little kick stand plate and looks really sick.

and hmmm auto kickstand, na will just get you some training wheels:infrandom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.