Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Turbo kit for k7 600

29K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  justin 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where is a legit place to purchase or at least look at turbo kits for a k7 600? I saw the Garrett site, and they wanted 3500 for a t20 turbo kit. It sounded a bit pricey, but I don't know that much about what is needed to turbo a bike, besides the waste gate, blow off valve, turbo blah blah blah. Can anyone help with a link or just some knowledge to point me in the right direction?

#3 ·
Hey man.. I'm going to be honest with you, it's hard to find a turbo kit for a 600 because most people won't buy them. A 600 is a beginner's bike. Now-a-days a 600 has over 120 HP and will do waaaay over 150 MPH. With that being said, if you really desired speed, you'd get a liter bike.
I'd tell you to save your money. For the money you'd pay to convert your 600 into a turbo'ed bike, you can spend that money and get a liter bike, and have more fun (I think). Besides, you're going to spend some serious cash trying to tune it just right, and you can't have too much PSI because it's already got some huge compression as it is...
I'm not trying to tell you not to do it. All I'm saying, is if it were me, I'd take my bike, put it on craigslist or something, and get a liter bike.

Hope that helps, man...

#6 ·
Listen to what these guys are telling you. I've got a turbo busa and it takes alot to make these things run right and not go boom. Not many people do 600 turbos so it might be hard to find someone who offers a kit.

Also I'm not sure which site you were looking at for that kit but, I pretty sure garrett doesnt make kits for any bikes let alone a 600. They are the most commonly used turbos however. In addition 3500 is not much for a kit, heck go to RCC turbos website to see an expensive kit, I think they're Super Ultra kit runs 13k. Thats just the kit!

#7 ·
I think I'm just going to save my money that I would use for the kit as a down payment or something of the sort for a liter bike in the next couple seasons. I'm going to get more seat time before I start tampering with a 1000, it's too soon. I've ridden my buddies 1k a few times and it still scares the shit out of me sometimes. I guess I'm just used to being able to mash the throttle on the 600 and not have the front wheel lift. Catches me by surprise every time on a 1k lol. Thanks for at least responding and giving me the insight to not turbo the 600.

#10 ·
Justin...

Don't get me wrong, a good rider on a 600 will spank a decent rider on a Busa, any day... But, it is what it is... A 600 is a beginner's bike. It is more forgiving. It will allow you to make mistakes that a liter bike won't let you do.
And a Turbo bike is a wheelie machine. LOL. :laughingr
See, when you have a turbo on a bike, you're going to have a little bit of turbo-lag, and all of the sudden you're going to get LOTS AND LOTS OF POWER. So, I think you're going to have a horrible time keeping the bike in the "balance point" or "sweet Spot". And when you bring it a little further back than you're supposed to, the blow off valve will will take all that built up pressure away, and by the time you re-pressurize, you're going to be on 2 wheels again..

lol... You'd be better off going one down 4 up or something...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.