Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Home Made Turbo KIT Progress. Pics

65K views 85 replies 45 participants last post by  Quick1000 
#1 ·
So i hacked apart the turbo exhaust manifold that I had for the 1000 turbo project to fit into my 750. I chopped up a stock header i had lying around and spliced the ends of it to the manifold ends.. Worked out pretty well. The turbo itself is so massive I may need to extend the manifold 3 inches at the flange to clear the rad. I only have it mocked up to my old 600 motor so its hard to tell at the moment.. Its gonna be tight.

I ordered oil feed and return lines along with a manual boost controller today also. I T'd off the oil pressure sensor for the feed. Not sure yet where im going to put the return.

I still need to order a blow off valve, wastegate and a boost guage and im good to go. In the process of fabricating an intake manifold now, ill post pics when its done. So far this turbo project hasnt cost me more than 500 bucks.

See less See more
#39 ·
So the turbo project is officially over for this bike. It was stolen last night. The only satisfaction I have is that the thief stepped in a giant pile of great dane dog shit before riding off in it.

#61 ·
BOY what I'd do to catch a thief in action! Called Springfield Armory .40 cal blastin on your ass! Fuckers had my radio pulled half way out of my car a few weeks ago. Somebody must have spooked them away bc they didnt get it...

#50 · (Edited)
Nice set up.... If you want to run this set up for a long time .. why don't you throw small piping on there with an intercooler man ...... your throwing HOTTTTT air in there ... thats not good ..... cold air is better..... and you can run a couple more psi of boost....
good luck to you

-Lee

#63 ·
Hey when it comes down to are you going to listen to your gf? Id find a way to kick his ass up and down the street. You have to teach this guy a lesson, or he'll do it again. Glad you got it back.
:thumbup:

#66 ·
which turbos do most people run?? i see a range of t20 to t28.. and some people use 16g's... most use a turbo with a t3 flange. im just trying to price some. i might begin this project. 06 600 with a 750 engine in it.

#67 ·
I had a turbo kit for my bike and never put it on because of an accident and then I thought "Do I really need my bike to be quicker??!!". Sold it. Anyway when I was doing my research I heard "hybrid" turbo's were the best because they spool up at a lower RPM, look into it. I don't remember to much about them this was a few years back that I was working on it...

#71 ·
Lojack may be worth the investment after putting all that time and work in AND having it stolen. Good looks man, I'd love to come out turbo someday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.