Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

ready for a stretch

9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tylerp 
#1 ·
well, tax time is right around the corner, so i gotta blow it!! lol
i want to stretch my swing arm a little bit. i'm thinkin bout 8"
i know im gonna loose some cornering, i just dont know how much im gonna loose... i usually just cruise at speed limit... give or take 15mph...lol but i like to get there FAST...
what all am i gonna need to change?? how much is involved in the mod??
is it a pain in the butt?? how far do you think i should stretch it??
and is there a kit i can order, or is it all just buy an arm, then a chain from somewhere else, a brake line from somewhere else???
thanks in advance!!

#2 ·
I dont know too much about it, never done it but I do know that there is kits out there for most popular applications. I know at the very least youll have to extend your chain, and brake lines as well.

I personally think 8 is a lil much but again, Im not experienced at all in it. I know I once asked some one with my bike who has a sick streatch on it and he said the arm alone was over 500 bucks, I dont remember how much but I think it was over 1k.

#4 ·
i have 9" over stretch on mine, as far as cornering, it's not that bad, really can't mash on it as hard as i used to with stock swingarm, it just spins more than anything, but at the track ( i mainly drag mine), it hooks like no other. and it looks cool as hell, you'll need to get a new chain, depending on how far you stretch it, this could be anywhere from 100-175, and that's really about it besides the extensions, i think allthingschrome sells there extensions for about 190 last time i checked, or you can always hit up ebay to find good deals.

#5 ·
extentions

Mine is stretched nine and it corners fine. You wont find me in the back of any pack on the track or in a turn. all you need is a chain, and the extentions. The brake line can just be rerouted and you can spin the caliper to sit on top to give you more play. If you primarily want to drag it, invest in good tires now beacuse like (1_sic_Gsxr) said, traction does become an issue. Good luck and god sakes, lock tight those bolts!!

#10 ·
Mine is stretched nine and it corners fine. You wont find me in the back of any pack on the track or in a turn. all you need is a chain, and the extentions. The brake line can just be rerouted and you can spin the caliper to sit on top to give you more play. If you primarily want to drag it, invest in good tires now beacuse like (1_sic_Gsxr) said, traction does become an issue. Good luck and god sakes, lock tight those bolts!!
spin the caliper?? never heard of it...
do you have it done on yours??
if so, do you mind showing me what you mean?

#8 ·
Im sure like anything there is a liability but I personeally have yet to hear about problems with the extensions. But for less than an hour install in my living room. I would rather do it than pay for a new swingarm unless I had a fatty on the back.

#11 ·
well, i weigh 250, and my girl weighs 135... is that gonna be an issue with the extensions??
with my stuff on and her with hers on, thats crossin 500lbs... lol
thats why im considering sellin this thing and movin up to a hayabussa...lol might handle my weight better...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.