Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

2nd gear wheelie 06 gsxr 600

37K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  K-rash 
#1 ·
im just trying to get some tips on pulling it up in second gear. it seems impossible i can do it if i yank really hard on the handle bars with all my weight and full throttle it. but there has to be an easier was. ive got 1st gear down to a perfection. and when i do get second gear up i can ride that out. jsut looking for some teqnique tips. thanks guys

#2 ·
You yank on the bars and give it full throttle and it comes up? more than a couple of inches or so? Usually everybody will tell you to clutch it up... just ride out, give it a few thousand rpms and pop the clutch. But from my experience it doesn't work very well....maybe i havn't practiced enough. Switch out the sprockets....

#3 ·
i aint no profesional in it man ,but 2nd gear i just stand up and get it up to about 60mph and than give it a lil bounce:bounce and it comes up very smooth and easy , than i ride it till about 100 and come down , thats on my stock k6-600 ... be safe and good luck :thumbup:

#8 ·
im goin crazy i still cant figure it out in 2nd, why cant i pop it up? when trying to do a sit down ive been going around 35-45 mph, i rev it to about 9,000 and i pop the clutch and i get it up about a foot but it goes back down right after it goes up....when i'm trying to do stand up's i go like 50 and i rev it to about 9,000 and when im coming back up from the bounce i pop the clutch but i still cant get it up!!! what am i doing wrong?!?...then again i only try this like once a week cuz i only ride to work thats it

#9 ·
are you preloading the bike enough before you let go of the clutch? I do mine at about 45 and bounce the bike good on stand ups and rev the clutch to past 10 and if you do it on throttle it comes up niceand smooth. and this is on a stock 600. I think you just need a little more pactice it honeslty to me a year to get decent at doing it whenever. just keep trying and wear that gear if your floating on one wheel!!!:D

#24 ·
please dont do that...no need to change the sprocket it comes up perfect in 2nd and takes effort but it will in 3rd also..keep practicign and take it slow and then eventually itll happen...ur not gonna be ridin 1 mile 12 o'clock wheelies in a day bro

#22 ·
yea i know its just i never have time to ride! i work nights and go to school in the day so the only time i ride is when i go to work at 11 pm...but the other night i left at 3 am and jumped on the palmetto and i was trying to bounce it up in 2nd and i got like 1 ft off the ground but it went back down...i guess thats a start, i cant figure out the clutch technique so i was just bouncin with and wackin the throttle

#25 ·
, i cant figure out the clutch technique
When you release the clutch in 2nd gear wheelies, flick your finger like you're trying to get rid of that muh fucka. I find 1st gear, it doesn't have to be so quick on the clutch release. "Flick your clutch finger out like you're flicking a booger off." That makes things much more consistent.

#26 ·
nice analogy. guess i will be flickin boo:funny: gers all night long getting ready for tomorrow.

#29 ·
I don't know if I came up with it first. I saw someone else say the same thing. It really works. I always say "fuck that clutch" when I angrily release it. Still I think I'll have to stand up to get 3rd. I haven't gotten the balls to standup yet.

#35 ·
Man, I just read through this whole 4 pages of thread so far, and I can't believe people are having trouble getting the 06 600 up in second gear. I can't even wheelie for longer than about a block, but I had little trouble getting my 06 600 up in second without the clutch! I can't do standup, actually never tried. A bounce and a tug was all I needed. You do have to give it a hand full of throttle, but it was not a big deal, it was a 600. Hell, I had an 02 F4i that I had no trouble getting up in second gear. I weigh 235lbs..... I think it's about technique for sure (which I am lacking) but you guys keep practicing and I am sure you will get it up in no time. :thumbup:

p.s. I traded it for an 06 ZX10R with -1 +1 gearing...... yea this has no problem coming up in 1st - 4th.... not that I do wheelies anyway :cool:

#41 · (Edited)
I just got my second gear clutch ups and they r so fun and last for ever I still don't think I am at bp bcause I still red line 2nd gear but they seem to go for ever any experienced wheeliers out there that can give me some insight maybe I'm not at bp but it sure feels like it though I'm going like 45 and clutch it up ride it to about 100 and let it down It goes for about a half a mile. I tryed to power them up in second but I have to get the rpm's up to about 8000 and then I can power them up but the rpm's r to high imo to ride for a while any help would b greatly app. :headscrat
Do you realy not go up in speed at bp or do you just increase in speed a little slower

#43 ·
I'm not a wheelie expert but, I did stay at a holiday inn express last night. When you are at balance point you will NOT be accelerating at all. The definition of BP is to be balanced, which means no increase of throttle and no decrease. You may have to modulate the throttle and rear brake to stay at BP but you won't be accelarating at BP. Try videotaping yourself, you probably have a little ways more to go to reach BP.

Cover the rear brake and if you feel like you're going past BP you can apply the rear brake gently without even letting off the throttle. That's how people can even slow BP wheelies down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.