Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Exhaust that gives you an Indy car sound

10K views 36 replies 24 participants last post by  ssblugsr 
#1 ·
I have an 06 gsx-r750. I want an exhaust that will give me a strong indy car type sound. It should probably be street legal too. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
I had to try

I just watched grand prix of long beach this past weekend. I got all hyped up at the sound. I figured it was a very very very bad question but I had to try. Thanks though.

#6 ·
DodgeDis said:
I just watched grand prix of long beach this past weekend. I got all hyped up at the sound. I figured it was a very very very bad question but I had to try. Thanks though.
i'll catch some heat for this, but will be more help then insulting your taste...my friend just got the hotbodies undertail exhaust for his ZX6RR, and it is way different from your typical yoshi sound...LOUD as hell but sounds pretty nice.he runs it on the street and has had no trouble with the law about it...

#12 ·
I can't think of any aftermarket exhausts that are street legal because none are DOT approved. Sounds like you are a newbie (potential squid :D ) and probably don't get your bike above 8k-9k rpm...how do you thing you are going to memick the sound of an indy car running between 15k-18k rpm. If you don't ride your bike at race level, you won't get the bike to sound like a "race bike". You opened up a big o' can of worms.

#14 ·
FastToys256 said:
i'll catch some heat for this, but will be more help then insulting your taste...my friend just got the hotbodies undertail exhaust for his ZX6RR, and it is way different from your typical yoshi sound...LOUD as hell but sounds pretty nice.he runs it on the street and has had no trouble with the law about it...

Thank. See, it never hurts to ask.

#15 ·
you da man said:
I can't think of any aftermarket exhausts that are street legal because none are DOT approved. Sounds like you are a newbie (potential squid :D ) and probably don't get your bike above 8k-9k rpm...how do you thing you are going to memick the sound of an indy car running between 15k-18k rpm. If you don't ride your bike at race level, you won't get the bike to sound like a "race bike". You opened up a big o' can of worms.
Your right, I'd use it for track days. I just thought it would be nice to ride it down to bike night and not get pulled over.

#16 ·
I'm guessing the level under my user name is linked to the number of posts that I have?

#17 ·
LOL, I knew I was gonna catch hell for this post. :)

#23 ·
Mael said:
I can tell you bouncing off the rev limiter down the back straight at Pahrump. A stock exhaust on my 05 600 sounds pretty damn close to an indy car.

Indy sound has nothing to do with exhaust dude. In fact if you look at indy cars, they pretty much have straight pipes.
I know a strong engine will give you a strong sound. I was just wondering if there was a exhaust that would give you a close cheat. You guys have given me some good tips on where to look though. :thumbup:

#25 ·
BallHawk3 said:
maybe you should get one of these

new exhaust craze

LOL, yeah........ummmmm Ima not keep that one at the top of my list. :laughingr Thankx though.

#26 ·
i got a d&d carbon fiber pipe

my bike redlines at 13.5 rpm

my budy told me it sounds like a indy car but i smoked past him from work one day at like 14 thousand rpm :)

i love it but i dunno i dont like the sound of my can till like 5000 rpm and when u start to open her up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.