Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

sprocket combinations

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  gsxrisko70 
#1 ·
What is the best sprocket combination for an 03' gsxr600 ?? I am thinking about doing a -1 on the front and +2 on the back. ANY help/comments would be appreciated.

#5 ·
The sprockets are...

Also RK (it is a whole complete kit with a -1 on the front and a lightweight stock steel sprocket for the back with an RK 520 chain). I wanted to go and get a 47 tooth for the back but will have to do that down the road. I just wanted some sprocket ideas for different combinations and what each one will do. My current idea is going from a stock 16-45 to a -1(15) on the front and a +2 (47) for the back. Whats your take on that ??

#6 · (Edited)
on a -1/+1 on my 03 600 revs at speed in 6th are generally 500rpms higher than normal. there are charts to let you know what gear ratio you will be getting into with what sprocket combinations. I believe a 1-/+2 will yield 3.14 were stock is like 2.81. (I THINK)... You will notice the difference in -1/+2. Im headed that way. its time for new sprockets and chain again. :thumbup:

edit: I have also been told by my neighbor (track rider and coach) that they wont let you on the track with a clip style masterlink chain. So I would stick to kits that offer the rivit style masterlink chains. Thats what ive been told so take it with a grain of salt. Its all heresay. I chose to follow his guidence. :thumbup:

#7 ·
gsxrisko70 said:
Also RK (it is a whole complete kit with a -1 on the front and a lightweight stock steel sprocket for the back with an RK 520 chain). I wanted to go and get a 47 tooth for the back but will have to do that down the road. I just wanted some sprocket ideas for different combinations and what each one will do. My current idea is going from a stock 16-45 to a -1(15) on the front and a +2 (47) for the back. Whats your take on that ??

the -1/+2 has been great for me. I love the acceleration this gives me. I am not much of a drag racer but like to ride my bike hard. My clip style chain has not given me problems. But i have heard the rivit style is better and stronger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.