Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Gsxr 1000 K8

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  masterp0606 
#1 ·
Hi my name is Chris and I am wanting to get a gixxer 1000 2007 or 2008 . I am not new to motorcycles but I haven't owned a super sport bike. I have had a Suzuki bandit 1200s, and my first bike was a honda sabre 1100 . I was just wondering if this bike will be okay for my first real rocket since it has the 3 different modes. And I was wondering what kinda price you were paying out the door for it.
And also my friend is going to get a 2007 or 2008 cbr 1000 I was wondering how well they hold up against the GSXR.

Thanks for any advice.

#2 ·
Welcome, Chris.

Well, if by 'rocket' you're referring to the aforementioned 'supersport', you will be ok with no experience if you have good throttle control and ride responsibly. Conversely, if you have 20 years experience and don't have effective throttle control or ride irresponsibly, then you won't be ok. Forget the mode switch. If you're buying a liter bike just to have one, don't buy it.

Regarding your RR question, if by 'how well they hold up' you mean quality-wise, it's like Ford and Chevy, Coke and Pepsi. Everyone has their preferences, but bottom line, not too different. If you mean performance-wise, there's not a difference big enough in any two liter bikes out there that the average rider would be able to notice in 'regular' riding. The GSXR is torquier (at least the k6 is), but it comes down to you. If you're asking if you can kick his ass from traffic light to traffic light, sure, if you're the superior rider.

#3 ·
thanks for the advice I am pretty good ridding I just havent ridden a super sport, only a sport touring bike . Im not just buying it because its big its just the one i want . I am certain I am going with the gsxr because it fells the most comfortable to me wich is a big plus. I found one for 11,300 otd price is that good for a 2008 or not. I have called around and thats the cheapist I have found .

#4 ·
See if you can find a k7 at the dealership. You can pick one up brandnew and save a 2-3 thousand. The only difference in the k7 and the k8 are the colors. I got my k7 with 0 miles on it 2 weeks ago for $9,600 out the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.