Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Clutch mod 2006 Gsxr 1000...

22K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  SlimmPickenz 
#1 · (Edited)
No video this time but I will share a few pics... I installed a Brocks clutch mod in pswamp's 06 1k tonite after work...

The set-up, so you don't have to drain the oil..

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Tread

The Parts..

Auto part Technology Electronics Electronic component

These 3 pins get removed and are not re-used...

Auto part Clutch Engine Automotive engine part Wheel

First fiber with pressure plate removed...

Auto part Clutch Vehicle Engine Transmission part

Normal discoloration if you drag race...

Auto part Clutch Disc brake Rotor Wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn it you couldnt have done this 2 years ago before I paid a friend to install this for me!

LOL

I did a clutch in my SRAD and it was horrible and ever since then I swore Id do a motor swap before another clutch. I give up on them and all things related.

#9 ·
Pull the clutch fibers and steels, then remove the center hub...

Note:

The 05' 06' 1K models have one fiber that is different from all the others, Located in the very back of the basket it will be the first one to goes back in... May apply to other models, consult your service manual....:thumbup:

Motorcycle Auto part Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

There are some washers or Belleville rings is how they refer to them, behind the hub (3 of them)...

You will only be re-using 1 of these when doing this mod...

Auto part Clutch Clutch part Wheel Rotor

Auto part Clutch Engine Disc brake Metalworking

They stick together so be sure you only put 1 back in when it goes back together....

Gear Auto part Wheel Hardware accessory

Then remove the slipper assembly, it is 2 pieces, this is the first one

Auto part Clutch Engine Wheel Automotive engine part

#11 ·
Remove the second piece of the slipper assembly...

Auto part Clutch Wheel Rotor Differential

The empty basket except for 1 washer left on the shaft, it remains as is...

Auto part Clutch Engine Gear Wheel

Install the Brocks light weight slipper assembly. It is one solid piece that replaces the two you removed...

Auto part Clutch Motor vehicle Engine Wheel

Install 1 of the Belleville washers

Auto part Clutch part Clutch Rotor Differential

Re- install the center hub, torque to spec and stake the nut...

Auto part Clutch Engine Wheel Gear

#19 ·
:laughingr

as usual very good article on how to do something your self! :thumbup:... hey where is the video u was telling me about on pswamp... and yes video of it rolling...

#14 · (Edited)
Here is the shim supplied in the kit that goes in the back of the basket... After that it's flat washer, spring washer, special fiber (the one that is dimensionally different from the rest) the remainder of the fibers and steels. Be sure to clock the pressure plate correctly....

Auto part Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part Crankset Gear

New springs being installed...

Auto part Clutch Engine Automotive engine part Disc brake

Parts you will have left over...

Auto part Clutch part Gear Washer Bicycle part

#15 ·
#16 ·
I believe that is used for road course type racing. According to the description the function it provides is actually similar to the factory slipper I removed from swamps bike.

The stuff I put in his bike costs around $240 retail and is designed for drag racing...

Better do some research on that before you throw big money away for something that isn't going to help you towards your goal... Call the manufacturer and talk to someone in tech before you take my word on that one....

#17 ·
#21 ·
No video this time but I will share a few pics... I installed a Brocks clutch mod in pswamp's 06 1k tonite after work...

The set-up, so you don't have to drain the oil..

View attachment 35068

The Parts..

View attachment 35069

These 3 pins get removed and are not re-used...

View attachment 35070

First fiber with pressure plate removed...

View attachment 35071

Normal discoloration if you drag race...

View attachment 35072
nice write-up.
however, i'm a little confused about the 3 pins that are removed and no longer used. what are they replaced with? in the last pic showing the completed install it looks as if they are installed or are those some different bolts? i have the brocks mod and i only have the washer and the brocks 1 peice slipper assy. do i need to order those bolts or what?
thanks

#36 ·
The reason I ask is supposedly most pulls are done in 5th gear bc that's usually where you are when crossing the line I believe.
Mine was done in 5th making 156. When I go to get it retuned I'm gonna ask to get it tuned in 5th see what that comes to then do a pull in 6 th and see what that comes out to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.