Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

05 GSXR 600 HID Question

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Mikeeg02 
#1 ·
This is my first post on the forum but I did search prior to me posting.

I see that my lowbeam is H7 and my highbeam is H4.

Do you use a High/Low bulb for the high beam or can you just use a standard HID?

Are you guys using more of the 35w or 55w kits?

I do a lot of night riding and I think it would be a good investment to switch it up to a HID system.

Thanks in advance!

-Savi

#3 ·
I have always used DDM for all of my HID needs so I will need to buy the H4 and H7 separate. So there are no high/low bulbs needed? I found some pictures of another guy on here that was using a high/low bulb in his high beam thats the only reason I ask. I cant seem to remember if both bulbs stay on all the time and then when you hit the high beams the top one gets brighter or if just the low beam stays on and when you hit the high beams the top one turns on.

I dont have my bike with me or I would just go and look.

Thanks for the help.

#7 · (Edited)
The 04/05 600/750 bikes, the h7 low is always on, and the upper is always on. The upper is a dual element bulb, (h4) that has a low and hi.

EDIT: When I did my HID low beam which is in the projector H7, it made a significant difference in lighting out put. And its only a 35w. I bought a standard H4 replacement 55w HID to put in the upper, and will wire it so it ONLY comes on as a high beam. The H4 currently does so little, Im pretty certain I wont miss its light in addition to what the projector low makes.

#8 ·
This is what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

How is it you wired your high to come on only when commanded, I see in the tech stickys there is a diy on HIDs but it looks like he only uses the H4 plug and uses a switch but that is not how I would like to run it.

Is the high being on constantly almost like having day time running lights on a car where you can just pull a relay and it shuts it off or is more complex than that?

Thanks again!

#9 · (Edited)
The H4 socket that plugs onto the standard H4 bulb has 3 wires. Ground, +low, +hi. Your HID kits typically come with loose leads and a spade terminal that you can put into the socket, where you want. So you would use the spot for hi beam, and ground. The low beam H7 will come the same way. The difference between the HID kits, is how the bulb goes into the socket you have. After that they are pretty much the same.

I have my H7 aimed just about the horizon, and Its probably just a tad bit high, but it illuminates the road well. Other then when trying to go hard into turns. So I pretty much take it easy at night. Not sure how better to improve night spirited riding, other then to know your roads, and have marks you have to hit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.