Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

flasher relay

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  AWDmonk 
#1 ·
ok here is my problem....the signal flasher on the K5 is together with the sidestand relay......I have figured out that 2 of the wires are for the signal relay (F&G, F=-, G=+) now....I have a LED flasher relay laying around and wanted to wire it up to fix the rapid blink of the LED's......now the relay has 3 posts.... B,L&E

so I have 2 wires and 3 posts

on the posts one is gonna be a constant hot, one will be the signal wire from the switch, and the other the out put

thats all I got lol anyone know jack about relays and how to wire em??

#3 ·
yea its just anoying haha...ima figure this out one way or another lol....it seems NOONE knows about relays Ive asked soooo many electricians and they all know how they work....just not how to wire one lol

#7 ·
i too would like some help with this, as i have an early gsxr 1100 [1996] and i took off the tail and it seems as if i have a 4 pin relay, maybe one is the side stand, i kno i dont have a fuel pump?

i kno, i kno, i havent looked at the schematic yet,i was hoping somebody done been down this road and knew what was what, hehe.

i bought mine with no turnsignals and after pulling the plastic to paint it i want to install the flush led's up front and do the taillight eliminator in the rear with led bulbs , so i am looking for a clean way to make it work, as i hate those damn big ass resistors.
too much heat from them.

i see the 7 pin [listed as 2000 my and up] for gsxrs' on ebay, and the universal 2 pin and 3 pin, but i dont think thats what i got, so i may have to improvise...

thanks

doug hunt

#8 ·
Not sure if the relay is the same throughout the years, but this is the one I bought for my 2001 750. According to the description its good for 00-2010 models? Worked like a charm on my bike with LED signals.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Signal-Flasher-2000-2010-TL1000R-Hayabusa/dp/B003UN4FXW[/ame]

#10 · (Edited)
OK, so i pulled up my manual on my computer and it looks like my flasher is a 2 wire, at least on the schematic.
the 4 wire is labeled as the sidestand relay so i may be ok with a led version of a 2 pin relay, gonna try to locate that on the bike this wekend, as all i saw was the 4 pin relay, but according to my manual its right in the same area.......

thanks

doug hunt

#11 ·
Necrobump, looking for help.

I have LED's for all 4 turn signals and am running out of options to find and install a relay to slow them down. I've tried the NAPA #262 relay with no sucess(3 times now, stayed solid each time).

The Lumapro EF32 and Littlefuse 232 both kind of work, but not as expected. The lights stay and and get slightly brighter as the relay activates. I even tried just hooking up one light but nothing changed.

My multimeter confirms 12V in, but about a constant 6V out which fluctuates up to about 7V when the relay activates. I know there are options at superbrightleds and a few others online, but I fear I might have a bigger problem. Is this normal or what?

#12 ·
These have always worked well for me. Just put one in parallel with each LED and it simulates the load of an incandescent bulb. The blinker works correctly.

I got mine at Radio Shack,

Attachments

#13 ·
I decided to go all out, which means I ended up buying 6 different relays from Fleet Farm (since they'll accept returns) and started plugging them in. Turns out that simply adding a ground wire to the relay solved my problem. I still have a slight 'always on' scenario, but the blink is now full power and bright.

Blazer relay #33 ended up being the best and cheapest of the bunch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.