Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

04 GSX-R 1000 Value.

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Isnowboard2 
#1 ·
Okay through a trade of some firearms i ended up with a GSXR. I dont ride, thought maybe my son would like it. Well it is way to powerful for him according to everyone asked. Now My question. i have looked for its sale value all over and the quoted ranges are all over..lol. So here goes to those that love them what is the rough value of this bike for a reasonably quick sale.?

2004 Gsx-r 1000 Mat Mladin edition.
9051 miles.
yosh pipe,
was dropped in parking lot by a tow company(so goes story) but has frame sliders, so only damage is rough patch on pipe and a couple scratches in bodywork below Suzuki sticker, maybe 2 inches long each.
Missing rear seat cowl and lower stickers removed the elf etc ones.

I am in Minnesota if that makes a difference.

Thanks for reading long post.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
assuming you have a clean and clear title you could sell it for every bit of 5000 but if someone makes a quick offer take it and dont look back.. or you could let ur son practice on it.. first bike i ever rode was a kaw zx12r lol...

#5 ·
Earlier this winter I saw a couple very clean, stock and around the same miles 05-06's going for $4800.....I didnt' even get one bite on my 02 for $3800 and it's clean with 42,000 miles and run great. The bike show just passed through Minneapolis so you might catch a few noobs with the itch after that but 5k is probably a good starting point. I doubt you will get much more than that. There is currently an 04 of an aquaintance on CL for $5100 and it's been there a couple weeks.
If you want it gone quickly I would start at $4500 and hope from there. 5k may come in the spring but I doubt right now.
Good luck.....nice looking ride.

#6 ·
5K is about what they have been going for down here in FL...

How old is your son?

If ya got it thinking that he (your son) would ride it you could always make some guy's day (one of his best) and trade it for a 600/750 (witch will be easer then selling in these times) that he could ride. :thumbup: Good luck and keep us posted.

#9 · (Edited)
It depends on how your market is in your area. My town lived off GM and Delphi, and we all know how those jobs are going now... I bought my 03 gsxr 1000 for $3,000. If I wanted it to be in mint condition it would need a new upper fairing (the cowl, or w.e) a new left fairing, and a new can. All of these things are still functioning on the bike, the left side has a little hole and a little rash (it to went down with frame sliders), the can has some rash, and the cowl is cracked, but from 5 feet away no one would notice.

I bought my 03 in December.

Oh and I might add the guy I bought it from was in a cash crunch, so that factors in a lot. Im 18, and my 1000 was my 4th bike. My dad observed how I rode my first 3 when he rode with me on his harley, and obviously he thinks I'm pretty safe and sane. If you don't ride I wouldn't let your son have that as his first bike. I'm glad I had a parent teaching me the right way to ride and stuff, but then again there is a motorcycle safety course which i never took.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.