Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

2005 600 low-beam headlight guts?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  spydir 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new here. I just bought my bike on saturday knowing that the low-beam was out. I took the upper fairing assembly apart today to find that the retainer, rubber cover, etc. was missing. Basically just have a big hole and the projector. :smash:

I've been looking for parts and found the cover already, but am not sure whether the bulb retainer is a clip or plate type. Researching on here I also found someone post a link to bulb adapters:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-NEW-H7...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc4c8770d&vxp=mtr

What's that all about? I thought the harness just plugged right in to the bulb and the retainer kept the bulb from falling out? :0001136745-huh:

Can anyone confirm which type of retainer I need to get and explain what the adapter is for? Pictures would be sweet lol. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
The bulb plugs into an adapter (#3) which has pins on the back that plug into the harness.

The adapter that you linked to on ebay does not look like the ones on my bike. The correct part is only about $13 at your Dealer.

The adapter/bulb is held in the headlight assembly by a wire bale/clip. This is part of the headlight assembly and is not listed as a separate part.

Attachments

#3 ·
Here is a pic of the wire bale/retainer. If you can't find one salvage, you might have to bend one up out of a piece of wire.

Your high beam should be the same if it has not been converted.

BTW. It is customary to post an intro thread, with pics of your bike, in the "new riders and members" section.

Attachments

#5 ·
Alright, got the introduction thread up.

I was thinking of just buying a new headlight assembly on ebay to get all the guts I need, they're going for about $55 shipped. Its an aftermarket unit, but I figure since all I need is the clips and covers and whatnot, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Then I'll also have a spare housing in case anything should happen to the stocker.

Next up on the list is raising the bike back to stock spec. I can do it in the garage right now, but my concern is with the kickstand. I think I read on here that the stock stand should be around 11", is this correct? I found a used unit with spare sensor online for less than $30 shipped, and am getting ready to pull the trigger on that.

She's also missing a couple fairing bolts. I found some bolt kits on ebay, and was looking at the anodized red ones to match the bike, but it made me remember about a set of red anodized lugnuts I bought back in the day that turned pink in about 3 weeks. Anyone have any suggestions on a colored bolt kit that will hold its color in this Texas sun?

Thanks again guys, I appreciate all the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.