Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

how to wheelie with a 600?!?

26K views 133 replies 22 participants last post by  06gixxy 
#1 ·
HELP! what is the best way to get the front wheel off the ground on a stock 06 gsxr 600?! power wheelie ive found out aint workin for me.. and clutch is probably the best but idk what rpm to do it all at so if you guys could help a beginner wheelier it would be appreciated!:thumbup:

#2 ·
rev 4k .. riding .. in 2nd gear

cluth in .. rev to 6k .. dump clutch ..

do that going up 1k at a time until you reach where you feel comfortable ..

we cant say just rev to 4k .. clutch in rev to 10 and dump it ... its diff for every rider / setup ...

find your own sweet spot

#4 ·
thats why you do it 1k at a time ! =0

#5 ·
1st gear wheelies just have WAY high chance to loop .. and then hard to hold up if your new .. due to the engine brakeing (compression) soon as yo ulet off throttle .. you set it down fast / hard .. and can blow seals fast / frequently ...

2nd gear bounce up / clutch up .. are the best ....

bounce up requires speed
clutch up requires nothing

... also for better stability ... try letting out 10psi in your rear tire .. .. dont let out so much that its sloppy .. but enuff that you have more contact with the ground

#7 ·
ROFL ROFL ROFL .. you better be in 6th gear .. going 12MPH in order to walk away from that

#10 ·
AMEN ..

<--- pins in shoulder / knee .. plate in head .. bone graph in wrist ...

stunting = dangerous ... you get to comfortable .. and shit can go wrong no matter your comfort / ability ..

REMEMBER THAT !

#12 ·
ok so u guys say u cant really even get the wheel up with power? people make it look so easy i try it and nothing.. i get up to about 10k let it drop to like 8k then rip on it and i jus get jerkd around

#18 ·
1st gear wheelies are for morons ... learning in 1st is a death trap ! its for stunters .. oversize sprockets / slow mph

DO NOT LEARN HOW TO WHEELIE IN 1st GEAR POWERING IT UP ! YOU WILL LOOK LIKE A IDIOT .. BOUNCING THE FRONT WHEEL UP 12"'s for a few seconds AND SLAMMING IT ON THE FCKING GROUND !

#19 ·
damn i feel like such a loser! haha but out of my couple friends i ride with im the only one that can do anything lol cept wheelie.. i jump up n sit on the gas tank and all that kind of shit and stopie i cant ride it but i can do it now i want to wheelie... so should i keep tryin to power it up? or just start gettin used to the clutch thing?

#20 ·
DO NOT POWER UP 1st GEAR WHEELIES ! hard on you hard on bike ! ! ! ! ! FORK SEALS / YOUR HEAD ARE IN SERIOUS DANGER

do it right or dont do it at all

#22 ·
ask questions .. train it properly .. when you master clutch ups .. then work on other things ... ask anything you want

#28 ·
And you only bust fork seals if your retarded and let the bike fall.
work in a bike shop .. see how many fcking morons are in there getting seals maintenanced from bouncing / slamming ...

#41 ·
Can I ask a simple question................

Why do so many people think that the only reason for a sport bike is to do wheelies? And why do they trash thier bikes to do something so pointless

#42 ·
cuz WHEELIES GET CHICKS ! dragging knee doesnt

#43 ·
i can wheelie anywhere ... i however will not run around full leathers and attempt to drag knee in a walmart parking lot ...

#46 ·
for me its not all about tricks n stuff i love just to ride.. i dont have money to go to the track and dont have time to go out n go to the canyons n stuff so its jus something to mess around with at home when im bored

#47 ·
nah its easy to answer ... read above .. same reason my dads 70,000$ chopper gets alot of attn .. but me doing a stand-up or sketching on a $9,000 bike gets even more .... we have proven it many many many times .. he'll pull up .. people surround him ... 2 minutes later i rap the throttle and ALL the attn goes to me

#51 ·
YES IM SAYING ITS ALL FOR ATTENTION ! ill admit that 100%

#59 ·
I will admit i do it for attn .. if im going to risk my life .. im for damn sure gonna have people looking / watching me ...

yeh im not LVX or starboys status .. by any means . but i do enjoy stunting .. and am more then decent at it ... my thing is with track .. i will admit ...

GP style racing requires MUCH more skill / $ then my drag / stunting ...

and that skill is something i dont have time to practice .. for the main reason as .. the only local track is seasonal .. and wet 90% of the time .. so my Road Race skills are lacking very much so ... i wish i could GP / road race ... but i cant .. maybe someday

#61 ·
Jace, you may not be that "Guy" but I hate to admit that alot of them on here post 3-4 times, wreck their bike and are never heard from again, or every seen on a bike again.

Glad to see you taking baby steps..:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.