Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

How many people here let someone else ride bitch? (guy or girl)

• I bring my lady along sometimes.

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • I give rides to my bro's sometimes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't even know that's what that was for?!

Votes: 6 17.6%

How much weight can the passenger seat/tail hold?

38K views 65 replies 27 participants last post by  netskiman 
#1 · (Edited)
This is probably a rude and possibly funny question. I am frankly embarrased to have to ask it. But I am new to riding sportbikes and have wanted one since I was 12yrs old. I am 31yrs old now. My problem is this- I have a fiancee that I love more than life itself. BUT.... she is a little thick if you know what I mean. Actually she is very thick. She used to not be. She says she wants to start going to the gym with me but has yet to do that.

Now I am buying my new(but used) bike within the next 2 weeks and she is looking forward to riding it with me! She knows she needs to lose weight so as not to look ridiculous on it. But I don't think she knows how much she needs to lose. She weighs like 230-240lbs. I think she needs to lose like 100lbs to ride with me. Which will take like a year.

So the question is this ladies and gentlemen riders-
How do I tell her she is too big to ride with me or tell her to get to the fucking gym without being a rude piece of shit. I would never ever in a million years want to hurt her feelings, so please give me advice on the proper thing to do here.

#3 ·
I'd tell her straight up but help motivate her! Don't use riding the bike as your only motivation, remind her of the simple health issues she's causing herself!!! Good luck

#6 ·
I have ridden a girl that weighed about 150 - 160lbs. and you really notice that extra weight behind you, especially at slower speeds. I have also ridden a couple thin girls clocking in at about 110 - 115lbs. and the weight is felt, but not as noticable in the steering.

#7 ·
For Sure ! My daughter is close to 150, 5'8" and my GF is around 120, 5'2" and I can sure feel the difference especially around town. I could't imagine putting anything over 200 back there when I am only 155lb's myself. She might be more apt to exercise if you do it with her, maybe? Just my 0.02 :headscrat

#9 ·
I can't stand when I'm luggin' the extra 100 - 120 lbs around when a chick gets on my bike. That's why I hardly ever let anyone ride with me, it's a whole new ball game with a passenger. Get her on some Addipex and exercise with a healthy diet, she will drop weight crazy fast! My parents have both lost about 50 lbs by doing that...

#10 ·
I don't know how much you weigh, but one thing you need to consider is that at some point, you will exceed the load rating for the bike and/or tires, and a full size male with a 200+ lb passenger can push that. In terms of cruising enjoyment and bike handling, you are really better off with a sport touring bike or a cruiser for two-up riding, if you are able to have two bikes.

That said, I spend a fair amount of time in Southeast Asia, and I have seen some crazy heavy load combinations on scooters and small motorcycles. Try it out and see how well it works I guess.

#11 ·
Me personally, I have never nor do I plan to let anybody on the back of the bike. I put a cowl that way I have a reason why I can't give rides to anybody.

I don't want to be responsible for another person if I got into an accident. My girlfriend hates bikes so I don't have to worry about her asking to ride with me.

#12 ·
this sucks, I hate the situation...lol. I have wanted a sportbike since I was a kid and my fiancee knows that. She has been trying to help me get one since we got together 5yrs ago. And now that we are able to get me one she is looking forward to riding it.

Maybe I'll just wreck it and call it a day....lmao. Just Kidding!

I think I will push the working out thing and tell her I need someone there to motivate me (which is a lie) and then until i feel she has lost enough weight ( realistically ) I will tell her I'm not confident enough with my riding abilities to be comfortable putting her at risk. And I will add in something along the lines of "If I hurt you or god forebid lost you due to my driving or putting you in danger on that bike I would never forgive myself".

How does that sound everyone? I'm kinda proud of this idea :)

#13 ·
I think I will push the working out thing and tell her I need someone there to motivate me (which is a lie) and then until i feel she has lost enough weight ( realistically ) I will tell her I'm not confident enough with my riding abilities to be comfortable putting her at risk. And I will add in something along the lines of "If I hurt you or god forebid lost you due to my driving or putting you in danger on that bike I would never forgive myself".
Thats pretty much the line we all use when you don't want to give somebody a ride.

#27 ·
Yeah I'm not the type of guy to be rude or anything, especially not to the woman I love more than anything in the world (except my bike..lol).

I could have been a assclown and had a thread label like-
"Do I need a fuel remapping on Power Commander for chunky girl riding bitch?"

But no I took the high road.

Thanks everyone :)

#38 ·
Need to wind more preload on your shock - if you look at it there's two 'collars' that sit on top of the spring - you need to back the top one off, then crank the lower one down so the spring compresses a bit more, then lock the top one back down on top. Only do it a bit at a time until you find a setting that works.

If you don't have the specific C-spanners for the collars a flat head screwdriver and a hammer will shift them.

#37 ·
face it...there is no way to tell a woman to lose weight without looking like an asshole. I just dont let people ride on the back. never have. to me its not worth the risk. if I crash i want it to be just me that gets hurt not my wife.

#39 ·
I know it's not a good idea to let my lady ride until we both lose weight ( her mainly ) because I'm like 195lbs myself. Sooooo she needs to be like less than 150-160 to get on safely I would say. And thats only when I really am comfortable enough with my riding skills to let her hop on once in a while.

#40 ·
ya man 2 up riding is alot diffrent than 1 up i think anyway, your braking and timing are completly changed. used to double for years when i was young you can get used to it but anyone that says it dont suck is lying im 6ft 220 and had my lady on one trip by the time we got back 1hr later through the twisties we both agreed never again pure torture she was wobbling around back there shoveing me up the tank while braking,and feeling her shifting her weight under cornering,i guess they have to learn to ride as well it,s a group effourt to make it enjoyable.hey i call extreme terror extreme and flyin low low:lol:

#41 ·
If she gets down around 200 youll be fine... and like out was saying it a completely different type of riding for one you have to respect that she is back there and try to make the ride as enjoyable for her as it is for you. That being said you need to teach her jst how much her moving around back there affects the bike and how easily she can put you both in a ditch or oncoming traffic. Well sitting in the parking lot/stall where ever get on the bike stand it up and have her get on you well notice how the bike will pull to the side that she gets on (this will happen even if she weighed only 95 lbs like my daughter) now once she is setting back there have her lean slowly to one side and then back and to the other side. Then ask her if she tell how much that lil bit of movement moved the bike. she should notice very easily as will you! Now YOU NEED to be ready for the bike to shift DO NOT LET IT TIP OVER! Now have her jst shift her weight on the foot pegs from side to sidelike she is gonna stad but jst to shift her body a lil to get more comfee. The bike will react in the same manner as be for. Relax relax relax it is important for you both to be relaxed if you scare her or your self she/you wont have any fun or enjoy the ride or worse never ride.
This is all very good info for you/her to know what to expect when she/you move/shift your weight befor you get on the road.
Do this a few times for practice it will be good for you.
Now go for a few short rides together slower speeds will be good practice for you both. Then jst take longer and longer trips and enjoy your selfs.
Good luck be safe and have fun!
and keep us posted how it go's :thumbup:

#42 ·
get a divorce and a slim chick that can ride with you lol. sorry man this post is funny. 1st key when meeting a chick is to see her mom to know if shes gonna be fat when shes older. you missed that memo...:laughingr all jokes aside i wouldnt risk someone that heavy, going into a turn and her pull you by gettin scared has bad news all over it. tell her to buy her self a harley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.