Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Is it possible to Hot wire a 07 GSXR 600

20K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  sp220 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

My 2007 GSXR 600 Black recently got stolen.

First thing, Please go and read more about it on this thread.

http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?p=1174497#post1174497

I will appreciate it.

Second, I have a question. I am trying to figure out how it was done. Someone saw a person riding my bike off. Which means that It was either hot wired, or they had the key.

Not my friend who owns a Yamaha said that the 07 gsxr 600 shouldn't be able to hot wire. He said my ECU is probably under my seat , and that My bike has a electronically controlled steering dampener. Which means that The steering lock couldnt have been broken. And even if it was , it wouldnt have been able to be driven too far because it would have resulted in some damage.

So yeah the only conclusion is that either the guy i got my key duplicated from, or someone else had the key to my bike. or it got hotwired.

What do you guys think? can the 07 gsxr 600 be Hotwired and steering lock be broken?

Thanks guys , much appreciate it.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I fail to see how the damper is related at all whether electronic or not. Its not like the steering lock is designed through the damper. Had you had the bike serviced recently? Maybe a shady mechanic or clerical person copied your key or wrote the number down from it and made one later, they pretty much always ask for relevant information or have access to it via your registration card which may have been under your seat as far as where you live. This happens easily with the right combination of lowlifes around.

#10 ·
Just as a moderator note, I do not want to see REAL DETAILED accounts of how to hotwire motorcycles posted on here. General postings are fine to allow people to know how to take adequate precautions, such as the referenced sticky. We don't need to contribute free advice to would be thieves.

Thank you.

#12 ·
damn dude! sorry to hear your babe was stolen! we have the same bike :yumyum:

i have a tracker on mine that i cant even find, and i have taken my bike apart to the bone!

i know trackers are a pricy but replacing your bike is even more:thumbup:

hope you find the bike and drop the thief off in sandys path:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.