Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Putting HID's in a 04 GSX-R 600

12K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Seansgsxr06 
#1 ·
So I want to put some HID's in my gixxer.

Problem is, I'm not sure which headlights are which. I just got this bike a few days ago and am still mad confused as to which light comes out of which place on the bike.

Heres the front end:

So I want to make the low beam HID come out of that bottom projector housing (the circular thing), and I guess the high beam come out of the top. But I noticed with regular headlights, both of them light up at the same time? I'm super confused.

Any help, and links on to where to buy these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

See less See more
#10 ·
haha thats true!

#8 ·
I've got HIDs top and bottom. I've got the bottom projector as the low beam, and both are on for the high beam. It is extremely bright. I can see so much better riding at night. I have a dark smoke shield on my helmet and have no problems seeing at night. Oncoming traffic doesn't appreciate it as much as I do and my friends refuse to ride out in front of me if I have the high beam on.

#9 ·
hey UDLUZE, could you pm me how you did the HID stuff cuz i too have an 05 and i would like to get more light and i wanna know how much customization (cutting type stuff) you had to do and how hard it was... thanks brah

#14 ·
I'm finding that HIDs on the K5 is very frustrating. Inside the projector is a peice of metal with two squares cut into it. When the HID bulb is on, it makes a very weird light pattern. The best way I can describe it is it looks like the eyes and mouth of jack o lantern. I have headlight housing in two peices to try to get that out of there, but I cannot get to it to cut it out. :(

#15 ·
H7 Low beam

H4 Low/High beam

Slim ballasts (make sure one has 2 wires and the other has 3 wires)

No cutting or splicing.

Plug your original harness into the ballast, then plug the ballast into the new bulbs. Use some good 3m double sided tape to mount the ballasts inside the fairings. Most people mount them on the left side fairing behind that little splash guard.

SUPER EASY job!!!

Good luck!:thumbup:

#23 ·
But this will eliminate my 2 low beams from shining all the time? I want the top bulb off unless I put my high beams on. Basically my low beam is the projector on the bottom and I just want the top bulb to only be my high beam. I was wondering if just pluging in a high beam bulb if that would make that happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.