» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   GSXR.com > News > Hot Breaking News

Old 12-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
allthatflash
Racer

Default South Africa Money Scam BEWARE!

Hey guys just like to let all you know about this scam I saw on 20/20 or Foxnews I don't remember exactly but it consist of them e-mailing you requesting your help to get money or minerals into the country and want to put up the funds to do so and they give you a cut for your help. They take your money and you get no cut nor will there be any money or minerals to bring in to this country. Here is a letter that was sent to me today. This is how most e-amil start so please beware of this. A congressman and a church were taken for almost $100,000 and all they were doing was tring to be kind and just help out someone in need, but that is far from the truth DO NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAP. just read and notice what they say and watch you inbox and delete such request or go to your local PD with this scam.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I HUMBLY REQUESTFOR YOUR KIND ASSISTANCE

It will be a surprise to you receiving this letter today, although we have not met or transact business before. I got your contact from South African Chamber of Commerce in Pretoria and then I decided to seek your assistance as an elderly person and foreign partner for this transfer.

Meanwhile, I would like to introduce myself to you before moving further. I am MR WILSON HUMBA the eldest son of MR.W.C HUMBA and I will be 21 years old on the 27TH day of DECEMBER 2006.
My father MR.W.C HUMBA dealt with gold and diamonds and was the chief accentuation of a gold mining industry in Kimberly, South Africa. Before he passed away few Months ago, knowing fully well that south Africa; a country rich with gold and diamond, he (my late father) told me at his bedside about a finance company in which all his relevant documents (depository agreement) were handed over to me by him. He also told me to go ahead and transfer the money out of the country for investment.
The total amount of 4 million (United State Dollars) was lodged into the security company in a metal box and the content of the box was not revealed to the security company, rather, it was declared to them as gold as precious stones. It was on this note I decided to contact you as a foreign partner to assist me transfer this money out of South Africa into your own personal account pending my arrival in your country. I have also decided to compensate you with 25% of the money for the assistance you would be rendering in this transaction. This business is hundred percent risk-free to both parties but it should however be kept and treated secretly and confidential to avoid any diversion during its process. I would like you to reply this email immediately you received this letter. The whole process for the transferring of this money will take seven working days from the day I receive your reply. Remain blessed.

Yours Sincerely,

MR.WILSON HUMBA.
REPLY TO: wilson.humba@hotmail.com
allthatflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
Yelocala
Rider

ill be the first to send it and to post this....no shit sherlock what kind of retarted ass monkey would send cash/check/CC number/ social security information to some douscherocket in africa....im not sending shit to africa...and guess what im nto getting screwed...thanks for the heads up tho haha
Yelocala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:54 PM   #3
007gsxr
Rider

This is not new. The Nigerian 419 scam or advanced fee scam has been around for at least 30 years. It is designed to exploit peoples greed. I cant believe people are still falling for this. If anyone is a big enough sucker to fall for this then the saying must be true " a fool and his money are soon parted".
007gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
jda
Rider

this isn't new...but why would you want to report them to a PD when this is a lot more funny if you're bored

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/phpnuke...ambaiting.html

they actually got one of these guys to travel like a week to a capital of a nearby country where "their money was waiting at western union" lol
jda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:08 PM   #5
question.com
Pro Racer

this is old as hell. i cant belive people really fall for this shit
Old 12-28-2006, 08:11 PM   #6
oldnslow
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by question.com View Post
this is old as hell. i cant belive people really fall for this shit
+1
oldnslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #7
red gsxr1000
Racer

yea thanks for the heads up
red gsxr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #8
SoK
Pro Racer

new to email?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:03 AM   #9
Mr645
Pro Racer

DAMN!!!!!!!!!! I only got 10% I should have bargained
Mr645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:06 AM   #10
Headache
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnslow View Post
+1

+2, they had a big thing about this on Dateline like a few weeks back.. People are just stupid and if they get stuck with that scam they deserve to lose their money..
Old 12-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #11
smc15223
Pro Racer

So.....I won't be getting my money back
Old 12-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #12
Psych_77
Pro Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc15223 View Post
So.....I won't be getting my money back
I think it's real and you guys are just jealous that they contacted me about this unique situation. That poor doctor died but they were nice enough to let me know. I'm going to be rich.
Advertisement