» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   GSXR.com > Pics > Stunts

Old 01-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
chrisgsx-r600
Novice

Default 2nd gear wheelie 06 gsxr 600

im just trying to get some tips on pulling it up in second gear. it seems impossible i can do it if i yank really hard on the handle bars with all my weight and full throttle it. but there has to be an easier was. ive got 1st gear down to a perfection. and when i do get second gear up i can ride that out. jsut looking for some teqnique tips. thanks guys
chrisgsx-r600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Oh Six Gixxer
Novice

You yank on the bars and give it full throttle and it comes up? more than a couple of inches or so? Usually everybody will tell you to clutch it up... just ride out, give it a few thousand rpms and pop the clutch. But from my experience it doesn't work very well....maybe i havn't practiced enough. Switch out the sprockets....
Old 01-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
bboy953
Rider

i aint no profesional in it man ,but 2nd gear i just stand up and get it up to about 60mph and than give it a lil bounce and it comes up very smooth and easy , than i ride it till about 100 and come down , thats on my stock k6-600 ... be safe and good luck
bboy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
Oh Six Gixxer
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy953 View Post
i aint no profesional in it man ,but 2nd gear i just stand up and get it up to about 60mph and than give it a lil bounce and it comes up very smooth and easy , than i ride it till about 100 and come down , thats on my stock k6-600 ... be safe and good luck
when you say give it a bounce...do you mean let off and then wack it back a little bit? maybe i've not been going fast enough in second gear yet, but i havnt been able to pull it up very high this way? even on the rear pegs i can only get up like a foot in second!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #5
sfbpunk77
Racer

im havin the same problem, for some reason i cant pop it up in 2nd, and when i do it comes up for like a foot and goes back down on my k5 600..try goin like 35-45 mph and rev it to like 12 and pop the clutch, it should come up,
Old 01-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #6
GsxR600Ridah
Racer

on my 02600 stock gearing i slip the clutch n preload the front suspension @ the same time in 2nd gear. comes right up
Old 01-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
bboy953
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Six Gixxer View Post
when you say give it a bounce...do you mean let off and then wack it back a little bit? maybe i've not been going fast enough in second gear yet, but i havnt been able to pull it up very high this way? even on the rear pegs i can only get up like a foot in second!
what i mean is ,i stand up and i always do it between 50mph and 70mph otherwise if under 50 it wont come up if higher than 70 on 2nd it comes up too fast for me ,so i get it up to like 60 and than i just push my front down and open up the throtlle as the bike comes back up(depending on how high i wanna get it ) and i from there i just play with the throtle in the air and either get it in BP or just fuck arond with it in the air going up and down ,i used to have that problem too when i firts started bouncing it i was trying to pull my fron up with my hands,and i kept on telling myself use my hands to push it down and as the front forks decompress just use the bikes power and it will come up and it started coming up after practicing for like a week straight up... my RPMs are at like 8 evrytime i do it ,and i've done it on my buddies 2000 gixxer 600 ,it comes up very nice and smooth i just cant keep it up on his bike may be couse im not used to it like mine... and i tryed doing it on the back pegs but it scares me so i was like fuck it ,plus i like having my right foot on the rear break at all times it helps sometimes when it starts going back a little too much ,...good luck ..be safe take your time man ,baby steps is how i always do it , ,clutching it dont really work for me its too agressive for me and i only power up 1st and ride it out till redline . cant shift it yet... Be Safe bro' i hope i helped in a way ...
bboy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:43 AM   #8
sfbpunk77
Racer

im goin crazy i still cant figure it out in 2nd, why cant i pop it up? when trying to do a sit down ive been going around 35-45 mph, i rev it to about 9,000 and i pop the clutch and i get it up about a foot but it goes back down right after it goes up....when i'm trying to do stand up's i go like 50 and i rev it to about 9,000 and when im coming back up from the bounce i pop the clutch but i still cant get it up!!! what am i doing wrong?!?...then again i only try this like once a week cuz i only ride to work thats it
Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #9
Nate600racing
Pro Racer

are you preloading the bike enough before you let go of the clutch? I do mine at about 45 and bounce the bike good on stand ups and rev the clutch to past 10 and if you do it on throttle it comes up niceand smooth. and this is on a stock 600. I think you just need a little more pactice it honeslty to me a year to get decent at doing it whenever. just keep trying and wear that gear if your floating on one wheel!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #10
chrisgsx-r600
Novice

thanks guys,well i went out and tried it. i pushed down on the bars at about 60 mph and when it came up i gave it full throtle i noticed it came up a bit. not much though. am i suppsed to clutch it too?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
Mr2liter
Rider

lean back more and it will come up higher.
Mr2liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #12
sfbpunk77
Racer

i'll try it again see what happens, i just wish i had more time to ride!! i hate night shift!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #13
K-rash
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy953 View Post
what i mean is ,i stand up and i always do it between 50mph and 70mph otherwise if under 50 it wont come up if higher than 70 on 2nd it comes up too fast for me ,so i get it up to like 60 and than i just push my front down and open up the throtlle as the bike comes back up(depending on how high i wanna get it ) and i from there i just play with the throtle in the air and either get it in BP or just fuck arond with it in the air going up and down ,i used to have that problem too when i firts started bouncing it i was trying to pull my fron up with my hands,and i kept on telling myself use my hands to push it down and as the front forks decompress just use the bikes power and it will come up and it started coming up after practicing for like a week straight up... my RPMs are at like 8 evrytime i do it ,and i've done it on my buddies 2000 gixxer 600 ,it comes up very nice and smooth i just cant keep it up on his bike may be couse im not used to it like mine... and i tryed doing it on the back pegs but it scares me so i was like fuck it ,plus i like having my right foot on the rear break at all times it helps sometimes when it starts going back a little too much ,...good luck ..be safe take your time man ,baby steps is how i always do it , ,clutching it dont really work for me its too agressive for me and i only power up 1st and ride it out till redline . cant shift it yet... Be Safe bro' i hope i helped in a way ...
you need to work on your technique then... because i can clutch my k6 in first gear from a stand still to a near bp.. .and in 2nd gear.. from just about any speed.. you dont have to be doin any more then 30 mph... just work on your technique.. and learn how to work that clutch.
K-rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #14
chrisgsx-r600
Novice

Default thanks

thanks guys. ill work on it all. see what i can come up with. til then ill post up some pics of my stand ups.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:35 AM   #15
GN_AZ
Novice

What's the stock sprocket f/r size for 600 K6 ?
I dont want to change the front. Is +1 rear enough for 2nd gear wheelies ?
Old 01-12-2007, 05:45 AM   #16
haus en heimer
Novice

Wheelies sound complicated.
haus en heimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 PM   #17
sfbpunk77
Racer

ehh not really as long as you dont give up cuz once you get the hang of it and then dont try it for a little while you gotta start from scratch... i dont get it
Old 01-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #18
gsxr6stud14
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbpunk77 View Post
im goin crazy i still cant figure it out in 2nd, why cant i pop it up? when trying to do a sit down ive been going around 35-45 mph, i rev it to about 9,000 and i pop the clutch and i get it up about a foot but it goes back down right after it goes up....when i'm trying to do stand up's i go like 50 and i rev it to about 9,000 and when im coming back up from the bounce i pop the clutch but i still cant get it up!!! what am i doing wrong?!?...then again i only try this like once a week cuz i only ride to work thats it
hey man if your going 35-45mph thats first gear i have 06' gsxr600 also i get up it like 65mph lil clutch and pull up . its not easy our bike's are heavy in the front. good luck once u get up its goes forever..

Last edited by gsxr6stud14; 01-18-2007 at 08:01 PM.
gsxr6stud14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #19
sfbpunk77
Racer

yea i've come to that conclusion , thanks though
Old 01-18-2007, 09:47 PM   #20
James916
Rider

I need some advice also. I've experimented very little on stand up wheelies. I feel like if the bike comes up or just accelerating a little it makes me pull the throttle back more (lol) Are you guys relaxing your arms when you're doing stand ups?
James916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #21
K-rash
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr6stud14 View Post
hey man if your going 35-45mph thats first gear i have 06' gsxr600 also i get up it like 65mph lil clutch and pull up . its not easy our bike's are heavy in the front. good luck once u get up its goes forever..
very good observation.. engine was moved an inch forward on teh bike for gp/racing reasons.. looks liek someone did their homework.... but these bikes will come up in third gear if you know what to do... and if it doesnt come up the first time pop the clutch again as the forks are rebounding.. gives you an extra boost.. thats how you get them up in third... clutch it up twice... but 1st and 2nd wheelies.. are cake baby.. just practice
Old 01-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #22
sfbpunk77
Racer

yea i know its just i never have time to ride! i work nights and go to school in the day so the only time i ride is when i go to work at 11 pm...but the other night i left at 3 am and jumped on the palmetto and i was trying to bounce it up in 2nd and i got like 1 ft off the ground but it went back down...i guess thats a start, i cant figure out the clutch technique so i was just bouncin with and wackin the throttle
Old 01-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #23
Bmore02-750
Novice

go 45 tap the throttle let off then clutch it up
Bmore02-750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #24
G03ixxer6
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN_AZ View Post
What's the stock sprocket f/r size for 600 K6 ?
I dont want to change the front. Is +1 rear enough for 2nd gear wheelies ?
please dont do that...no need to change the sprocket it comes up perfect in 2nd and takes effort but it will in 3rd also..keep practicign and take it slow and then eventually itll happen...ur not gonna be ridin 1 mile 12 o'clock wheelies in a day bro
Old 01-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #25
ad johnson
Racer

Quote:
, i cant figure out the clutch technique
When you release the clutch in 2nd gear wheelies, flick your finger like you're trying to get rid of that muh fucka. I find 1st gear, it doesn't have to be so quick on the clutch release. "Flick your clutch finger out like you're flicking a booger off." That makes things much more consistent.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #26
Bracan
Racer

nice analogy. guess i will be flickin boo gers all night long getting ready for tomorrow.
Bracan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:54 AM   #27
tsenfw
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad johnson View Post
When you release the clutch in 2nd gear wheelies, flick your finger like you're trying to get rid of that muh fucka. I find 1st gear, it doesn't have to be so quick on the clutch release. "Flick your clutch finger out like you're flicking a booger off." That makes things much more consistent.
Damn, that really is a good analogy. I don't think I've ever heard someone describe it better than that. hahahah
tsenfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:17 AM   #28
GN_AZ
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by G03ixxer6 View Post
please dont do that...no need to change the sprocket it comes up perfect in 2nd and takes effort but it will in 3rd also..keep practicign and take it slow and then eventually itll happen...ur not gonna be ridin 1 mile 12 o'clock wheelies in a day bro
I easily clutch up 1st and then shift to 2nd and 3rd but never managed to clutch up 2nd. Not even with my Z750 !!! I just think +1 rear sprocket would make it easier
Old 01-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #29
ad johnson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracan View Post
nice analogy. guess i will be flickin boo gers all night long getting ready for tomorrow.
I don't know if I came up with it first. I saw someone else say the same thing. It really works. I always say "fuck that clutch" when I angrily release it. Still I think I'll have to stand up to get 3rd. I haven't gotten the balls to standup yet.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #30
katanapilot
Pro Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgsx-r600 View Post
thanks guys,well i went out and tried it. i pushed down on the bars at about 60 mph and when it came up i gave it full throtle i noticed it came up a bit. not much though. am i suppsed to clutch it too?
Clutch is the way bro... U think 2nd is tricky Try 3rd
Old 01-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #31
gsxr6stud14
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-rash View Post
very good observation.. engine was moved an inch forward on teh bike for gp/racing reasons.. looks liek someone did their homework.... but these bikes will come up in third gear if you know what to do... and if it doesnt come up the first time pop the clutch again as the forks are rebounding.. gives you an extra boost.. thats how you get them up in third... clutch it up twice... but 1st and 2nd wheelies.. are cake baby.. just practice
yea i can get it up in third. i have a couple of times but never have too 2nd goes for ever
gsxr6stud14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #32
chrisgsx-r600
Novice

thanks all... this allhelps alot..... i got em down now. the part that helped is the bounce. when it de compresses it comes up. with some throttle and a little tug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0831061510.jpg (98.1 KB, 94 views)
Old 01-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #33
joel
Rider

get a 1000.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:32 AM   #34
ad johnson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgsx-r600 View Post
thanks all... this allhelps alot..... i got em down now. the part that helped is the bounce. when it de compresses it comes up. with some throttle and a little tug.
Are you clutching?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #35
modidy2
Rider

Man, I just read through this whole 4 pages of thread so far, and I can't believe people are having trouble getting the 06 600 up in second gear. I can't even wheelie for longer than about a block, but I had little trouble getting my 06 600 up in second without the clutch! I can't do standup, actually never tried. A bounce and a tug was all I needed. You do have to give it a hand full of throttle, but it was not a big deal, it was a 600. Hell, I had an 02 F4i that I had no trouble getting up in second gear. I weigh 235lbs..... I think it's about technique for sure (which I am lacking) but you guys keep practicing and I am sure you will get it up in no time.

p.s. I traded it for an 06 ZX10R with -1 +1 gearing...... yea this has no problem coming up in 1st - 4th.... not that I do wheelies anyway
modidy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #36
sfbpunk77
Racer

i can ride first gear clutch wheelies till redline, but how about the shifting, just let off the throttle a little and just force the gear up?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #37
chrisgsx-r600
Novice

you can hit balance point in first and ride it forever and a day. i get em up in first and can go until i get tired if i wanted to. just gotta get the balance point
Old 02-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #38
K-rash
Rider

Quote:
i can ride first gear clutch wheelies till redline, but how about the shifting, just let off the throttle a little and just force the gear up?
preload the shifter, and just barely let off of it.. but when you reapply throttle be careful not to loop it... because for that split second between gears yoru just kinda floating at bp
Old 02-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #39
REVLIMIT
Rider

My friend was a master at shifting during wheelies..he always told me to shift it before bp.
REVLIMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #40
ad johnson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVLIMIT View Post
My friend was a master at shifting during wheelies..he always told me to shift it before bp.
You say "was". He's not dead from doing wheelies is he?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement