2007 GSXR 1000 problems : GSXR.com Forum : Suzuki GSX-R Forums

» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   GSXR.com > Tech > Tech and performance chat.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
amerbulldogk9
Squid

Default 2007 GSXR 1000 problems

I was wondering if anyone else besides me is having problems with their k7? I added dual yoshi slip-ons(removed silencers), modified the cat(removed baffle and made it smaller) and took it to the dyno shop with the new power commander that I installed. Well, Ive been on the phone now for a couple days now with the dyno tuning place where I took it and they said that they are getting a power surge/cut at 12.5k rpm while on the dyno. They never seen this situation occur and will continue to diagnose it til they find the problem. They disconnected the power commander and tried it without it and it still was happening. Did anyone have anything like that happen to their bike? I guess its just my luck.

Last edited by amerbulldogk9; 03-01-2008 at 01:28 AM. Reason: correction
amerbulldogk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
audi.trevor
Rider

no issues with my bike, m4 slip on and a K&N
Old 03-01-2008, 01:58 AM   #3
amerbulldogk9
Squid

Did you notice any significant difference with the aftermarket air filter? I was checking out a Ivan Performance's site that had dyno's ran on the k7 and it showed no HP difference with an aftermarket filter.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
K7-1000
Racer

No issues with my stock + jardine GP1. However, all bikes need fuel, air and fire in the right amounts and timing. Given the likelihood it's something you changed that's causing the problem, I'd first check carefully the connections, then verify the throttle position sensor voltage through its sweep, eyeball the plugs for damage. You should also try a road ride, as things that appear on a dyno don't necessarily appear on the road; something the dyno can only vaguely estimate.
K7-1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
dom42
Rider

the only problems i had were that recall they had on the idle speed control. but that didnt go off....i just took it in cuz of the recall letter itself.

but i have a k71000 with full titanium arata exhaust with carbon cans, KandN filter, pair and set valve modifications. gearing change ...weight reduction like no other and still no problems like that.

check to see if you removed all of the plastic from the filter. sound impossible but shit like that hap'n...so ive heard

i think it might have to do with you set valve....its probably in the wrong possition when your at the RPM . good luck
dom42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
amerbulldogk9
Squid

Well I asked the dealership/dyno shop what they thought and at this point they uncertain. I will tell them your suggestions and hopefully it gets solved. The first phone call they made to me was "Well its going to be about $189 to diagnose the problem i". I just dont feel like I should have to pay for a problem if my bike is fully covered under warranty. Well, I'll post up again once the problem is solved..Thanks again all..Don
Old 03-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #7
SIC06
Rider

well first find out what kind of dyne they are using...im sure they are not idiots but with some dynes you have an eddy brake on it... so if it feels like its going to slip which at 12k is your max power im sure that it is slipping so its like a traction control and will make the bike feel like you just press the brake and you didnt and your on the throttle so it feels like your loosing power... and also if you look on the dyno sheet they're will be a dip in it where the brake kicks in for a second then back to normal hopefully that helps
Black & Orange
Hot Bodies Dark Smoke Screen
SIC06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
gon2fast
Pro Racer

I've got $50 on the SET.
07' GSX-R750 , Shortened Scorpion Flame Titanium Exhaust, PCIII USB, Ignition Module, Dynotech Wide-Band kit, Vortex Frame Sliders and Swingarm Spools, Sportech windscreen, Pazzo Levers, Pilot Power 2CT's, -1 Front sprocket, Speedo-healer, R1 Throttle Mod, GPR stabilizer, Sato rearsets, Galfer stainless brake lines, Ohlins front and rear suspension
gon2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:28 AM   #9
holmes14
Rider

any updates? Oh, and ill take that bet.... but the way it works is if your wrong then you pay me and if not congrats. Cause i dont have a clue what it could be lol

1999 Mustang GT- Flowmasters, Off road H-pipe

holmes14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #10
dom42
Rider

you didn't bypass the clutch switch did you? if you did that could be were the problem lies.........if you did bypass the clutch switch so that you did have to pull the clutch in to start...the bike(computer) will go into some type of safe mode and wont alow for maxium power....in fact you only get 80%...hope that helps .
dom42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #11
audi.trevor
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerbulldogk9 View Post
Did you notice any significant difference with the aftermarket air filter? I was checking out a Ivan Performance's site that had dyno's ran on the k7 and it showed no HP difference with an aftermarket filter.
it seems alot smoother and deffinetly pulls harder, not bad for 55 dollars shipped on ebay
Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #12
amerbulldogk9
Squid

No updates yet. They said that they wont be able to get to it until at least Tuesday now. I didnt mess with the clutch switch though. I dont even know where it is in fact..lol..
Old 04-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #13
Robbdogg
Squid

Default Fi Issues

Hello all. New to the forum and have a problem. I took off my air box on my new 08 GSXR 1000 and unplugged some sensor wires and now the FI light comes on after riding the for only a few mins. In addition when I come to a stop the bike just quits. Is there a way to clear the ECM of all problems without taking it to the dealer to have it hooked up to the SDS tool and have a cleared by them. They want 100 dollars to do this and I feel it is rather stupid of Suzuki to have made an issue of this magnitude to occur from just unhooking a few wires. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Rob
Robbdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:40 AM   #14
cpreasha
Rider

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbdogg View Post
Hello all. New to the forum and have a problem. I took off my air box on my new 08 GSXR 1000 and unplugged some sensor wires and now the FI light comes on after riding the for only a few mins. In addition when I come to a stop the bike just quits. Is there a way to clear the ECM of all problems without taking it to the dealer to have it hooked up to the SDS tool and have a cleared by them. They want 100 dollars to do this and I feel it is rather stupid of Suzuki to have made an issue of this magnitude to occur from just unhooking a few wires. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Rob
I'm not sure how to fix it, but maybe you want to try and start your own thread for this to get more looks.

C.P.
cpreasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #15
cudas64
Squid

Default dealer code c91

I have a 2007 GSXR1000. My FI light came on so I checked the dealer code and it says c91 Does anyone know what that means and how to fix it?
Joe
fosgatepower@yahoo.com
cudas64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #16
nygles
Squid

I have a 08 gsxr 1000 and i did a bunch of stuff to it and now i notice it cutting out at high rpms. The other day i was running it setting still in neutral. Reved it and held it at 5000 rpms to see if i could hear a misfire then i snapped the throttle a couple of times and the dash started flashing Sd and checked the codes and it came up with a c91. Did you ever find out what was wrong with yours because i feel i have the same problem?
nygles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #17
oakleyspatz
Racer

C91 refers to a speed sensor error.
This means the speedometer does not receive a signal from the speed sensor for more than 6 seconds or the ECM does not receive a signal from the speed sensor for more than 6 seconds when the motorcycle is running.
It can be caused by the speed sensor circuit been open or short or a malfunction with either the speed sensor, the speedometer or the ECM
Try lifting the tank and checking the speed sensor coupler is not loose or there is a poor connection (The coupler is immediately forward of the left hand rubber tank stopper and is a black plastic connector with three wires coming out of the bottom. Check it is pushed into it's female connector fully and that no wires are exposed)
If the F1 is accompanied by a code, then it is easy to isolate the exact problem. If not then basically one of the connected monitored components is not communicating with the ECM correctly. Removing wires will probably disable one of those monitored components.

Here is the installation instructions for the Yoshi pipes. It also details how to disable the ECM function which controls the exhaust valve servo motor. to avoid the FI light illuminating
See: http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/p...df/1117172.pdf

Last edited by oakleyspatz; 03-23-2010 at 02:30 PM.
oakleyspatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #18
88Chris88
Squid

Default Gsxr breaking down at high revs

I have raced gsxr's for many years and have had this problem a few times. Pull your fuel pump out of the tank and pull the fuel pump apart ant there is a filter in the bottom of it. It doesn't take much crap to block this filter therefore restricting the fuel flow when it needs a lot more fuel in high rpm. A few of my friends have had it too and it took a while to work it out. I know this is late but hope it can help someone in the future
88Chris88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #19
SlickWill
Pro Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Chris88 View Post
I have raced gsxr's for many years and have had this problem a few times. Pull your fuel pump out of the tank and pull the fuel pump apart ant there is a filter in the bottom of it. It doesn't take much crap to block this filter therefore restricting the fuel flow when it needs a lot more fuel in high rpm. A few of my friends have had it too and it took a while to work it out. I know this is late but hope it can help someone in the future
This thread was started in 2008, last post was in 2010. You do the math. LOL
Frame Sliders
Tinted Windscreen
520 conversion
Super Sprox sprocket
R1 throttle tube
Lightech chain adjusters
SlickWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #20
Gixxerbro1000
Squid

Default Similar Sd (c91) code

During winter I did some modifications to my 08 GSX-R 1000 to get it ready for my taste and after everything was done My speedometer did and still dose not display MPH or RPM. The mods i did were PC-V, V-Stacks, BMC Race Filter, Driven Block-Offs (boost by smith Eliminator), 520 Chain RK, Vortex Sprockets (-1 front stock rear) Leo Vince SBK Carbon Slip on. Exnetic HIDs, Removed the stock stabilizer (Donatos Eliminator). Now when I start the bike there is no code its saying there is nothing wrong with it and RPMs or MPH dose not display. When I ride the bike after about 1/2 mile Sd code comes up. I had to leave it running to get the C91 code. If i shut the bike off code goes away. I need help what could have gone wrong? Also bike idles choppy with a cold start then gets smoother after warm up but still will idle choppy. I mapped my PCV for the Leo Vince SBK. RPMs will display on the PCV software perfect. could something be wrong with the way I put the counter sprocket in or the censor?

Last edited by Gixxerbro1000; 05-10-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Gixxerbro1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement