» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   GSXR.com > Chat > General GSXR Chat

Old 04-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
LawKS750
Novice

Default Lost key help!

So besides using my brain a little more....

I lost my key....my only one. What can I do? Is there a way to get a replacement or do i have to replace the whole ignition set?
LawKS750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
lostgixxer
Novice

if its like a car you can probably take proof of ownership to a deal and have one cut, if not try a locksmith, if they cant then get a new ignition and a spare few keys made haha. I had one for the bike, one on my car key ring and one spare at the house
lostgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
RobbyBoy32
Rider

just take your title, registration and plenty ID to the locksmith and tell him what happened. if it is a good locksmith he will have the code to cut the key, if he is not, then try the dealershits.
RobbyBoy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
05Gixxer King
Racer

when i lost mine the dealers and locksmiths couldnt cut the damn right key even with me giving them the code that was in fact correct.

Had to call a guy to my house where he was able to cut a key from working with the lock that worked. ended up being like $100 for that but it was the only thing that worked.
05Gixxer King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
Slanina
Racer

I lost one of my two keys. I want to get two more made. Is there a special place I should go to get the key copied? Sorry for the hijack.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
MikeNice600
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendz View Post
I lost one of my two keys. I want to get two more made. Is there a special place I should go to get the key copied? Sorry for the hijack.
Did your spare key come with a code attached to it? Thats the code you need to bring in to the dealership to get another made. I made sure to write down my code and keep it in a safe place.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
LawKS750
Novice

I just got the bike about a month ago and he only gave me on key...I have been meaning to get the second one made.... Long story short I put it off, the Jayhawks won the National Championship and my drunk azz lost them somewhere downtown!
LawKS750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
lostgixxer
Novice

you can have a bike key cut anywhere cant you? I mean like wal mart or whatever can copy the key right? Im pretty sure thats where all my spares came from
lostgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #9
youngjah1000
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawKS750 View Post
I just got the bike about a month ago and he only gave me on key...I have been meaning to get the second one made.... Long story short I put it off, the Jayhawks won the National Championship and my drunk azz lost them somewhere downtown!
WOOO Jayhawks! The crazy thing is i go to lawrence as well and just lost my key. Ive called some places and you can take your ignition out and take it to a lock smith and they should be able to cut one from the ignition.
youngjah1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement