FW1 Racing Formula Cleaner? Review? WTF? : GSXR.com Forum : Suzuki GSX-R Forums

» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   GSXR.com > Chat > General GSXR Chat

Old 09-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
Elias Voorhees
Novice

Default FW1 Racing Formula Cleaner? Review? WTF?

I have been searching the internet for reviews for this cleaner and have found mixed reviews. Here's the story:

My wife went to a gas station and this guy sold her $35 worth of cleaning spray. When she told me she bought it, I told her not to spray it on her bike because she said it cleaned her car rims that were filthy in seconds. She's never really cleaned her rims on her SUV ever.

Years ago at a gas station, this same situation happened to me, where I almost got into a fight when a salesmen tried to spray my car without my permission. He told me that everyone at the race track uses it. I guess thats his sales pitch because my wife said the same thing.

The reviews on the internet made me laugh because each one start with, "My mom gave me", or "My girlfriend/wife got me" this cleaner. Obviously this company preys upon women at gas stations.

Does anyone here use or recommend this stuff? The website is www.fw1shine.com . The wife is pretty upset that she bought all this stuff with the hopes that I would like it. Is it safe to use? We currently are using Honda Spray and love the results.
Elias Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
jabara572
Novice

no ive never used it but...looking at their website its probably junk.

test it out by spraying a whole bunch on plastics and other painted metal you dont really care about. Leave it on for a day and if it starts stripping the paint or doing other nasty things i wouldnt use it.

otherwise, just keep it off your tires and be sure to wash it off when done, chances are its just some knockoff in disguise.
jabara572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
johnnylovely
Pro Racer

Three words...Honda spray polish.

$5 bucks a can, lasts at least 7-10 cleanings and it works amazing.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
blackGixxer
muthafukin hustla

FW1 is the shit. i just ordered 2 cans last night. i used it on my bike and it left the paint and plastic feeling like glass. ive used it before on my car i used to have. i would have bought a case but didnt want to spend $120.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:09 AM   #5
Elias Voorhees
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylovely View Post
Three words...Honda spray polish.

$5 bucks a can, lasts at least 7-10 cleanings and it works amazing.

Thats what i'm using now. Works great.

But I have three bottels of this FW1 stuff I gotta get rid of.
Elias Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement