Turbo kit for k7 600 : GSXR.com Forum : Suzuki GSX-R Forums

» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   GSXR.com > Tech > Tech and performance chat.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Circa4190
Pro Racer

Default Turbo kit for k7 600

Does anyone know where is a legit place to purchase or at least look at turbo kits for a k7 600? I saw the Garrett site, and they wanted 3500 for a t20 turbo kit. It sounded a bit pricey, but I don't know that much about what is needed to turbo a bike, besides the waste gate, blow off valve, turbo blah blah blah. Can anyone help with a link or just some knowledge to point me in the right direction?
Circa4190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Circa4190
Pro Racer

anyone?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
DONPhantasmo
Squid

Hey man.. I'm going to be honest with you, it's hard to find a turbo kit for a 600 because most people won't buy them. A 600 is a beginner's bike. Now-a-days a 600 has over 120 HP and will do waaaay over 150 MPH. With that being said, if you really desired speed, you'd get a liter bike.
I'd tell you to save your money. For the money you'd pay to convert your 600 into a turbo'ed bike, you can spend that money and get a liter bike, and have more fun (I think). Besides, you're going to spend some serious cash trying to tune it just right, and you can't have too much PSI because it's already got some huge compression as it is...
I'm not trying to tell you not to do it. All I'm saying, is if it were me, I'd take my bike, put it on craigslist or something, and get a liter bike.

Hope that helps, man...
DONPhantasmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
6erGixxer
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONPhantasmo View Post
Hey man.. I'm going to be honest with you, it's hard to find a turbo kit for a 600 because most people won't buy them. A 600 is a beginner's bike. Now-a-days a 600 has over 120 HP and will do waaaay over 150 MPH. With that being said, if you really desired speed, you'd get a liter bike.
I'd tell you to save your money. For the money you'd pay to convert your 600 into a turbo'ed bike, you can spend that money and get a liter bike, and have more fun (I think). Besides, you're going to spend some serious cash trying to tune it just right, and you can't have too much PSI because it's already got some huge compression as it is...
I'm not trying to tell you not to do it. All I'm saying, is if it were me, I'd take my bike, put it on craigslist or something, and get a liter bike.

Hope that helps, man...
+1 well put. guys go though the same thing with cars. wanting to turbo a non-turbo car. all they get is mega headaches & spend mega $$$$$$$$$$

WHEN IT ABSOLUTLY HAS TO BE DESTROYED BY MORNING 1-800-MARINES
6erGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
cereal killer
Racer

+100000000000000
cereal killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
danoman27
Rider

Listen to what these guys are telling you. I've got a turbo busa and it takes alot to make these things run right and not go boom. Not many people do 600 turbos so it might be hard to find someone who offers a kit.

Also I'm not sure which site you were looking at for that kit but, I pretty sure garrett doesnt make kits for any bikes let alone a 600. They are the most commonly used turbos however. In addition 3500 is not much for a kit, heck go to RCC turbos website to see an expensive kit, I think they're Super Ultra kit runs 13k. Thats just the kit!
danoman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
Circa4190
Pro Racer

I think I'm just going to save my money that I would use for the kit as a down payment or something of the sort for a liter bike in the next couple seasons. I'm going to get more seat time before I start tampering with a 1000, it's too soon. I've ridden my buddies 1k a few times and it still scares the shit out of me sometimes. I guess I'm just used to being able to mash the throttle on the 600 and not have the front wheel lift. Catches me by surprise every time on a 1k lol. Thanks for at least responding and giving me the insight to not turbo the 600.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
justin
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONPhantasmo View Post

Hope that helps, man...
how can you say a 600 is a beginners bike? any bike can be one, its just how the person thats riding it rides it. i dont care what people say bikes are not whats dangerous, its the stupid squids that are riding them that are. and a 600 thats turboed is a wheelie machine, because when the bike is hitting its power band, thats right about when the turbo is really kicking in. and im not sure but isn't a 600 thats turboed quicker than a 1000?
+2 rear sprocket
targa fender eliminater
red rim strips
pair mod
akrapovic shorty cf
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
veyron1001
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
how can you say a 600 is a beginners bike? any bike can be one, its just how the person thats riding it rides it. i dont care what people say bikes are not whats dangerous, its the stupid squids that are riding them that are. and a 600 thats turboed is a wheelie machine, because when the bike is hitting its power band, thats right about when the turbo is really kicking in. and im not sure but isn't a 600 thats turboed quicker than a 1000?
Finally a voice of reason. Even the carbed ninja 250 can be too much to handle for some people. I doubt slapping on a turbo kit only to a 600 would make it faster than a 1000. You wouldnt be able to keep the front wheel down.
veyron1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
DONPhantasmo
Squid

Justin...

Don't get me wrong, a good rider on a 600 will spank a decent rider on a Busa, any day... But, it is what it is... A 600 is a beginner's bike. It is more forgiving. It will allow you to make mistakes that a liter bike won't let you do.
And a Turbo bike is a wheelie machine. LOL.
See, when you have a turbo on a bike, you're going to have a little bit of turbo-lag, and all of the sudden you're going to get LOTS AND LOTS OF POWER. So, I think you're going to have a horrible time keeping the bike in the "balance point" or "sweet Spot". And when you bring it a little further back than you're supposed to, the blow off valve will will take all that built up pressure away, and by the time you re-pressurize, you're going to be on 2 wheels again..

lol... You'd be better off going one down 4 up or something...
DONPhantasmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #11
dal8160
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
Quick answer, NO! A turboed 600 is still a 600 with a part time power adder. Its in the same catagory as nitrous. True it would be a wheelie machine, but how long will that motor hold up? And with the right clutch and throttle control, any bike worth its nuts can be. Put your money into some sprockets and a track suit and go take a class. Or just buy a 1000. Or do whatever you wanna do, its your money.
dal8160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #12
justin
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal8160 View Post
Quick answer, NO! A turboed 600 is still a 600 with a part time power adder. Its in the same catagory as nitrous. True it would be a wheelie machine, but how long will that motor hold up? And with the right clutch and throttle control, any bike worth its nuts can be. Put your money into some sprockets and a track suit and go take a class. Or just buy a 1000. Or do whatever you wanna do, its your money.
its not me that wants to turbo my bike, im more then happy with my 600 they are so much fun, sixxers are the best all around sprots bike out there, thats just my 2cents.
+2 rear sprocket
targa fender eliminater
red rim strips
pair mod
akrapovic shorty cf
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement