Turbo kit for k7 600 : GSXR.com Forum : Suzuki GSX-R Forums
 
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   GSXR.com > Tech > Tech and performance chat.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Circa4190
Pro Racer
 
Circa4190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,584
Default Turbo kit for k7 600

Does anyone know where is a legit place to purchase or at least look at turbo kits for a k7 600? I saw the Garrett site, and they wanted 3500 for a t20 turbo kit. It sounded a bit pricey, but I don't know that much about what is needed to turbo a bike, besides the waste gate, blow off valve, turbo blah blah blah. Can anyone help with a link or just some knowledge to point me in the right direction?
Circa4190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Circa4190
Pro Racer
 
Circa4190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,584
Default

anyone?
Circa4190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
DONPhantasmo
Squid
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Posts: 6
Default

Hey man.. I'm going to be honest with you, it's hard to find a turbo kit for a 600 because most people won't buy them. A 600 is a beginner's bike. Now-a-days a 600 has over 120 HP and will do waaaay over 150 MPH. With that being said, if you really desired speed, you'd get a liter bike.
I'd tell you to save your money. For the money you'd pay to convert your 600 into a turbo'ed bike, you can spend that money and get a liter bike, and have more fun (I think). Besides, you're going to spend some serious cash trying to tune it just right, and you can't have too much PSI because it's already got some huge compression as it is...
I'm not trying to tell you not to do it. All I'm saying, is if it were me, I'd take my bike, put it on craigslist or something, and get a liter bike.

Hope that helps, man...
__________________
03 Suzuki GSXR 1000
08 Nissan Titan CC/SE
02 Subaru WRX Wagon
DONPhantasmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
6erGixxer
Novice
 
6erGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONPhantasmo View Post
Hey man.. I'm going to be honest with you, it's hard to find a turbo kit for a 600 because most people won't buy them. A 600 is a beginner's bike. Now-a-days a 600 has over 120 HP and will do waaaay over 150 MPH. With that being said, if you really desired speed, you'd get a liter bike.
I'd tell you to save your money. For the money you'd pay to convert your 600 into a turbo'ed bike, you can spend that money and get a liter bike, and have more fun (I think). Besides, you're going to spend some serious cash trying to tune it just right, and you can't have too much PSI because it's already got some huge compression as it is...
I'm not trying to tell you not to do it. All I'm saying, is if it were me, I'd take my bike, put it on craigslist or something, and get a liter bike.

Hope that helps, man...
+1 well put. guys go though the same thing with cars. wanting to turbo a non-turbo car. all they get is mega headaches & spend mega $$$$$$$$$$
__________________
Thanks,
Mark

WHEN IT ABSOLUTLY HAS TO BE DESTROYED BY MORNING 1-800-MARINES
6erGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
cereal killer
Racer
 
cereal killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: mobile al
Posts: 790
Default

+100000000000000
cereal killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
danoman27
Rider
 
danoman27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 157
Default

Listen to what these guys are telling you. I've got a turbo busa and it takes alot to make these things run right and not go boom. Not many people do 600 turbos so it might be hard to find someone who offers a kit.

Also I'm not sure which site you were looking at for that kit but, I pretty sure garrett doesnt make kits for any bikes let alone a 600. They are the most commonly used turbos however. In addition 3500 is not much for a kit, heck go to RCC turbos website to see an expensive kit, I think they're Super Ultra kit runs 13k. Thats just the kit!
danoman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
Circa4190
Pro Racer
 
Circa4190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,584
Default

I think I'm just going to save my money that I would use for the kit as a down payment or something of the sort for a liter bike in the next couple seasons. I'm going to get more seat time before I start tampering with a 1000, it's too soon. I've ridden my buddies 1k a few times and it still scares the shit out of me sometimes. I guess I'm just used to being able to mash the throttle on the 600 and not have the front wheel lift. Catches me by surprise every time on a 1k lol. Thanks for at least responding and giving me the insight to not turbo the 600.
Circa4190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
justin
Racer
 
justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: owatonna mn
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONPhantasmo View Post
Hey man.. I'm going to be honest with you, it's hard to find a turbo kit for a 600 because most people won't buy them. A 600 is a beginner's bike. Now-a-days a 600 has over 120 HP and will do waaaay over 150 MPH. With that being said, if you really desired speed, you'd get a liter bike.
I'd tell you to save your money. For the money you'd pay to convert your 600 into a turbo'ed bike, you can spend that money and get a liter bike, and have more fun (I think). Besides, you're going to spend some serious cash trying to tune it just right, and you can't have too much PSI because it's already got some huge compression as it is...
I'm not trying to tell you not to do it. All I'm saying, is if it were me, I'd take my bike, put it on craigslist or something, and get a liter bike.

Hope that helps, man...
how can you say a 600 is a beginners bike? any bike can be one, its just how the person thats riding it rides it. i dont care what people say bikes are not whats dangerous, its the stupid squids that are riding them that are. and a 600 thats turboed is a wheelie machine, because when the bike is hitting its power band, thats right about when the turbo is really kicking in. and im not sure but isn't a 600 thats turboed quicker than a 1000?
__________________
:
k7,600
pciii usb
+2 rear sprocket
targa fender eliminater
red rim strips
pair mod
akrapovic shorty cf
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
veyron1001
Squid
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
how can you say a 600 is a beginners bike? any bike can be one, its just how the person thats riding it rides it. i dont care what people say bikes are not whats dangerous, its the stupid squids that are riding them that are. and a 600 thats turboed is a wheelie machine, because when the bike is hitting its power band, thats right about when the turbo is really kicking in. and im not sure but isn't a 600 thats turboed quicker than a 1000?
Finally a voice of reason. Even the carbed ninja 250 can be too much to handle for some people. I doubt slapping on a turbo kit only to a 600 would make it faster than a 1000. You wouldnt be able to keep the front wheel down.
veyron1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
DONPhantasmo
Squid
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Posts: 6
Default

Justin...

Don't get me wrong, a good rider on a 600 will spank a decent rider on a Busa, any day... But, it is what it is... A 600 is a beginner's bike. It is more forgiving. It will allow you to make mistakes that a liter bike won't let you do.
And a Turbo bike is a wheelie machine. LOL.
See, when you have a turbo on a bike, you're going to have a little bit of turbo-lag, and all of the sudden you're going to get LOTS AND LOTS OF POWER. So, I think you're going to have a horrible time keeping the bike in the "balance point" or "sweet Spot". And when you bring it a little further back than you're supposed to, the blow off valve will will take all that built up pressure away, and by the time you re-pressurize, you're going to be on 2 wheels again..

lol... You'd be better off going one down 4 up or something...
__________________
03 Suzuki GSXR 1000
08 Nissan Titan CC/SE
02 Subaru WRX Wagon
DONPhantasmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #11
dal8160
Rider
 
dal8160's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Albuquerque New Mexico
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
how can you say a 600 is a beginners bike? any bike can be one, its just how the person thats riding it rides it. i dont care what people say bikes are not whats dangerous, its the stupid squids that are riding them that are. and a 600 thats turboed is a wheelie machine, because when the bike is hitting its power band, thats right about when the turbo is really kicking in. and im not sure but isn't a 600 thats turboed quicker than a 1000?
Quick answer, NO! A turboed 600 is still a 600 with a part time power adder. Its in the same catagory as nitrous. True it would be a wheelie machine, but how long will that motor hold up? And with the right clutch and throttle control, any bike worth its nuts can be. Put your money into some sprockets and a track suit and go take a class. Or just buy a 1000. Or do whatever you wanna do, its your money.
dal8160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #12
justin
Racer
 
justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: owatonna mn
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal8160 View Post
Quick answer, NO! A turboed 600 is still a 600 with a part time power adder. Its in the same catagory as nitrous. True it would be a wheelie machine, but how long will that motor hold up? And with the right clutch and throttle control, any bike worth its nuts can be. Put your money into some sprockets and a track suit and go take a class. Or just buy a 1000. Or do whatever you wanna do, its your money.
its not me that wants to turbo my bike, im more then happy with my 600 they are so much fun, sixxers are the best all around sprots bike out there, thats just my 2cents.
__________________
:
k7,600
pciii usb
+2 rear sprocket
targa fender eliminater
red rim strips
pair mod
akrapovic shorty cf
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 2008 GSXR.com
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum