Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Another Michigan rider

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tinsnips 
#1 ·
On Friday July 20th a friend of mine, Mike, was doing a wheelie with his girlfriend on the back on one of the hot racing spots in Detroit. Another friend of mine was in the far left lane pacing about 20 MPH going to the gas station down the street when Mike set a wheelie down too hard slipped to the left and then clipped my friend, They went down and broke both of they're right legs. Mike, continued onto a curb after clipping and losing control, hit a fire hydrant on the right side of the street and him and his girlfriend were launched into a light pole. meanwhile the bike hit a fence and exploded into hundreds of pieces. (It was like something from a video game) Mike was pronounced on the scene...His girlfriend is in critical condition with a shattered pelvis and the works. I will attach pictures of the scene if you guys are okay with it, I haven't slept more than 6 hours since the accident, I was about 20 feet from everything, and even saw Mike slowly fade out...

How does everybody else deal with these things? Its a very hard emotion to explain. I don't want to stop riding because of this because in my opinion, Mike was just going too fast, I always count lines that riders pass to estimate they're speed and I "clocked" his at about 120-130...Just way too fast for a public street... Regardless though, he was a cool guy, and may he RIP...

What are your thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
If you want to post picture feel free i look at this as a learning experience to everyone on here. Be safe of the streets and be aware of the dangers around you. Sorry to hear about your loss man, and I hope the girl recovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

#4 ·
I'm very sorry for your loss.

I lost a very close friend to a bike wreck four years ago, on a night I was supposed to hang out with him but went racing instead. All I can say is time man, its gonna take time. You'll never forget what you saw, you just gotta make it mean something. Don't be ashamed to ask for help if you need it.

#6 ·
Very sorry to hear your loss. RIP rider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.