Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal, Québec, Canada
What's going on? Mechanical Trivia...
Hello everybody. Mechanical trivia here:
I have a 2005 GSXR1000.
Only 6000 miles on it.
Never had any problems with it.
Now suddenly (almost overnight, maybe a week, as far as I can tell)
1) the exhaust smells A BIT like unburn gasoline
2) SLIGHT hesitation SOMETIMES only under 2000 rpm when I take off moderatly hard.
3) This thing has so much power and I don't take it to the track so I can't say I noticed any power loss.
- Absolutly no mods done to the bike. COMPLETELY stock and never dropped/crashed.
- The only thing that have been changed are the oil and oil filter, and gas stabilizer put in it during winter. The stabiliser is now long gone because ran several tanks of gas since.
- I always use 91 octane or more.
- The break in was done properly, A BIT on the hard side but never at constant revs and the temp never went past 200 degree Fareinheit (95 celcius).
Any idea what's happening? Anybody?
GSX-R1000 K5 (So fast)
VFR750 1990 (So smooth)
TwinStar 185 1978 (So old... It's my 1st bike!)