If I knew of a reliable company that produces street plastics with light cutouts, I might have gone that way. But I wasn’t aware. Not saying they don’t exist, I just didn’t find one. Although to be honest I wasn’t looking that hard. I do want this to be primarily my track bike. I’m just not good enough to show up on the bike and ride fast. I need as much seat time to practice different things. This year, I’m going to get the brake/downshift/throttle blip perfected. Keep working on body position and peg weighting and really focus on corner entry set up.
I also really wanted a fairing set that had the integrated superbike tail/seat unit. I cut a foam pad yesterday and glued it on. Went on an extended ride for more than 5 minutes for the first time this year. Looks OK, felt fine.
So, I still DO have an open order with Armour Bodies. But they haven’t delivered since I placed the order last October. April is the next “possible” date for their superbike set. I ordered this eBay set in a panic when they postponed it last month.
I wanted everything easily detachable that wasn’t essential for the track, and I’ve no doubt saved additional weight. IMO, it seems every 5-10 pounds this bike loses, it feels better and better.
Oh, yeah, when I lowsided, I replaced the damaged parts with OEM. Only one side got damaged and was able to salvage many parts and whole right side. OEM prices hurt still. This second crash, I managed to break EVERY SINGLE fairing piece on both sides. No way could I afford OEM.
Last thing are the rearsets. Man, I’ve been dreading this. Just so expensive for something the stock ones do just fine. But, my legs are too damn short to really be in a good position on the tank for the track. I think it also hinders my ability to get my leg and knee pointed out as well on entry and mid corner. I’m looking to go extreme track, so I’ve put in an order for the Sato Racing race version rearsets.
Before someone asks, even though they aren't technically listed for the 2011-16 GSXR600/750, they can be made to adapt with just a little grinding and relieving of aluminum... I hope