BMW Motorcycles are the best - GSXR.com
 22Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Nick
  • 3 Post By Winchester Boy
  • 2 Post By Winchester Boy
  • 1 Post By DEATHWISHRIDERS
  • 1 Post By JETMECHANIC
  • 3 Post By rv6john
  • 1 Post By Racerxxxgsxr1000
  • 2 Post By Chuckster
  • 1 Post By JCW
  • 2 Post By rv6john
  • 1 Post By JCW
  • 2 Post By JETMECHANIC
  • 1 Post By Vader225
  • 1 Post By JETMECHANIC
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
BMW Motorcycles are the best

No doubt about it, beamers are the best bikes.

Had my r9t about a month now.

I won't go back to Japanese or American bikes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by gizz-e; 11-08-2018 at 11:53 AM.
gizz-e is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 500
Ducati V4R>BMW
wpanik likes this.

GSXR 1000: Always purchase a liter bike, because it is the most economic choice.
Just_Nick is offline  
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Nick View Post
Ducati V4R>BMW
Ducati

Good one!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 7,895
Garage
I'm confused. Why are you here?

I am a ward of the state.
Winchester Boy is offline  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,849
Cool story.

I think they have a forum for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Boy View Post
I'm confused. Why are you here?
Talk bikes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6john View Post
Cool story.

I think they have a forum for that.
Yeah yeah...

I hadda drop by and say hi to all my haters

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 7,895
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizz-e View Post
Yeah yeah...

I hadda drop by and say hi to all my haters

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I think you have hate and don't give a shit mixed up.
Todd_Sails and wpanik like this.

I am a ward of the state.
Winchester Boy is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Boy View Post
I think you have hate and don't give a shit mixed up.
Hmmmm.....

That's very possible

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Rider
 
DEATHWISHRIDERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 397
Looks kinda like a SV650!
NICE BIKE MAN
wpanik likes this.
DEATHWISHRIDERS is offline  
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWISHRIDERS View Post
Looks kinda like a SV650!
NICE BIKE MAN
Thanks!

I'm cool..I'm cool..can't touch this

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
 
JETMECHANIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Surf City
Posts: 4,826
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizz-e View Post
No doubt about it, beamers are the best bikes.

Had my r9t about a month now.

I won't go back to Japanese or American bikes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Coming from someone that has a S1000RR I will say they have their good points and they have their faults as do all mechanical things. I would stop short calling them the best bikes ever. Wait until you have to repair it and buy parts you may sing a different tune then.
gizz-e likes this.

JETMECHANIC is offline  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETMECHANIC View Post
Coming from someone that has a S1000RR I will say they have their good points and they have their faults as do all mechanical things. I would stop short calling them the best bikes ever. Wait until you have to repair it and buy parts you may sing a different tune then.
Looks like the crowd in here has changed a lot.

The above post is actually intelligent.


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWISHRIDERS View Post
Looks kinda like a SV650!
NICE BIKE MAN
I know it's freaking suh-weeeet!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 05:02 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,429
Wait until you need maintenance.......
Chuckster is offline  
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Wait until you need maintenance.......
First maintenance at 600 miles tomorrow. $300. No biggie.

Then in 6k miles a second maintenance.

No chain maintenance in between.

I know they're expensive bikes. But, it's nothing I can't handle.

Plus, my NineT has a 3 year warranty.

You guys must be broke or something.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,849
Click image for larger version

Name:	dont-feed-troll.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	286575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is offline  
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6john View Post


I love you guys

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 03:02 PM
Pro Racer
 
Racerxxxgsxr1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,844
I like icecream and spaghettis better than BMW though, oh and popcorn.....
gizz-e likes this.

My father left this Earth for Heaven 5/22/18.
I love you dad, you'll be greatly missed.
I'll always keep on keeping on.

.
.
.
.
Racerxxxgsxr1000 is offline  
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxxgsxr1000 View Post
I like icecream and spaghettis better than BMW though, oh and popcorn.....
What kind of ice cream?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 07:26 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizz-e View Post
First maintenance at 600 miles tomorrow. $300. No biggie.

Then in 6k miles a second maintenance.

No chain maintenance in between.

I know they're expensive bikes. But, it's nothing I can't handle.

Plus, my NineT has a 3 year warranty.

You guys must be broke or something.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yup, since April.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180405_175510.jpg  
gizz-e and JCW like this.
Chuckster is offline  
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 07:32 AM
JCW
Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Yup, since April.....
I really wanted to get a Duke and build me a supermono.
Just couldn't pull the trigger...

R9T's are ghey.
gizz-e likes this.
JCW is offline  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 08:31 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW View Post
I really wanted to get a Duke and build me a supermono.
Just couldn't pull the trigger...

R9T's are ghey.
Supermono?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Powered Unicycle.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	286579
gizz-e and JCW like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is offline  
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 11:56 AM
JCW
Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6john View Post
No. Thats ghey, too.
gizz-e likes this.
JCW is offline  
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW View Post
I really wanted to get a Duke and build me a supermono.
Wack

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
 
JETMECHANIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Surf City
Posts: 4,826
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizz-e View Post
First maintenance at 600 miles tomorrow. $300. No biggie.

Then in 6k miles a second maintenance.

No chain maintenance in between.

I know they're expensive bikes. But, it's nothing I can't handle.

Plus, my NineT has a 3 year warranty.

You guys must be broke or something.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Friendly advice my friend speaking from experience before that three year warranty expires spend the 1200-1500 for the 4 year extended warranty. About a month before mine expired I was at the dealer having the multi function switches( the ones with the mode switch and starter) replaced for the third time for the right one and twice for the left. So I go see the sales man while I wait for the maintenance to be completed. I ask if I can still get the extended coverage? Has your warranty expired yet? No sir I have a month left, then yes you can 1200.00 for four years. I pulled out the debit card and said lets do it. Three months later the TPS took a shit, guess what you can't replace just the TPS you have to do the throttle bodies to the tune of 1500, for the TB's plus labor all total 2375.00 All total if I had to shell out what I have had fixed and replaced under warranty it would come to just over 7000.00 So see I wouldn't crow to loud just yet.. I will say It is an amazing bike but far from the best bike. My 2017 GSXR1000RR is neck and neck with it. And the 2007 GSXR1000 had 37K on it when I sold it and I never had to do anything but change the oil and filter and run the valves. Long read I know.
gizz-e and Todd_Sails like this.

JETMECHANIC is offline  
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 07:51 PM
JCW
Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETMECHANIC View Post
.. I will say It is an amazing bike but far from the best bike. My 2017 GSXR1000RR is neck and neck with it.
Not the R9T, right???
JCW is offline  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator
 
JETMECHANIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Surf City
Posts: 4,826
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW View Post
Not the R9T, right???
Apparently you didnít read my earlier post as to the bike i have. No not the R9T. 2012 S10000RR

JETMECHANIC is offline  
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 09:47 AM
Rider
 
Vader225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wilson NC
Posts: 323
Garage
You know what's always better than a BMW? A Mercedes. Better on the road, better in bed, and you don't have people wondering why your driving a pos beamer.
gizz-e likes this.

Not Grinding, Not Riding
Vader225 is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETMECHANIC View Post
Friendly advice my friend speaking from experience before that three year warranty expires spend the 1200-1500 for the 4 year extended warranty. About a month before mine expired I was at the dealer having the multi function switches( the ones with the mode switch and starter) replaced for the third time for the right one and twice for the left. So I go see the sales man while I wait for the maintenance to be completed. I ask if I can still get the extended coverage? Has your warranty expired yet? No sir I have a month left, then yes you can 1200.00 for four years. I pulled out the debit card and said lets do it. Three months later the TPS took a shit, guess what you can't replace just the TPS you have to do the throttle bodies to the tune of 1500, for the TB's plus labor all total 2375.00 All total if I had to shell out what I have had fixed and replaced under warranty it would come to just over 7000.00 So see I wouldn't crow to loud just yet.. I will say It is an amazing bike but far from the best bike. My 2017 GSXR1000RR is neck and neck with it. And the 2007 GSXR1000 had 37K on it when I sold it and I never had to do anything but change the oil and filter and run the valves. Long read I know.
Good advice thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 05:51 PM
Racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizz-e View Post
Ducati

Good one!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sorry your bike sucks. Also, BMW has lower quality, equally-terrible maintenance costs, and worse failure rates than Ducati. So, more power and better bikes that fail less than a shitty bike that is slow. Which sounds better?

Japenese bikes are good for the bang-for-the-buck, and BMW bikes have better quality and assembly, but Ducati is three steps above your BMW. So, next time you should just get the better bike, rather than you mediocre side-banger. And, yes, I've had BMW.

GSXR 1000: Always purchase a liter bike, because it is the most economic choice.
Just_Nick is offline  
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
gizz-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: so-cal
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Nick View Post
Sorry your bike sucks. Also, BMW has lower quality, equally-terrible maintenance costs, and worse failure rates than Ducati. So, more power and better bikes that fail less than a shitty bike that is slow. Which sounds better?

Japenese bikes are good for the bang-for-the-buck, and BMW bikes have better quality and assembly, but Ducati is three steps above your BMW. So, next time you should just get the better bike, rather than you mediocre side-banger. And, yes, I've had BMW.
okay nick .

Whatever you say bud

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
gizz-e is offline  
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
 
JETMECHANIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Surf City
Posts: 4,826
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Nick View Post
Sorry your bike sucks. Also, BMW has lower quality, equally-terrible maintenance costs, and worse failure rates than Ducati. So, more power and better bikes that fail less than a shitty bike that is slow. Which sounds better?

Japenese bikes are good for the bang-for-the-buck, and BMW bikes have better quality and assembly, but Ducati is three steps above your BMW. So, next time you should just get the better bike, rather than you mediocre side-banger. And, yes, I've had BMW.

Have to tell you Nick my bike is anything but slow, as far as maintenance is concerned there wasn't anything that was different than the Suzuki, Regular oil and filter changes run the valves 38k and no shims required. I just had more parts fail on mine for what ever reason. Most of them electrical for some reason none mechanical. My friend had the same bike and has had zero problems with his and about the same miles and riding styles. On the other hand I had zero problems with my Suzuki. I have friends with Duc's and most spend more time in the shop than on the road. All bike have problems some have more than others. Pretty sure when it comes to buying parts your Duc is in the same boat as the BMW they are proud of their parts and the price reflects it. cheers
gizz-e likes this.

JETMECHANIC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GSXR.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best of 2009 - Motorcycles of the Year admin GSXR News 3 09-30-2009 09:30 AM
BMW Convertible WIND DEFLECTOR SCREEN 05GSXR600 For Sale 0 07-15-2005 11:17 AM
Fishy vs BMW Lyte- Crashes 48 05-27-2005 02:05 PM
84 bmw (bike) vs. my 05 gsxr 750 gsxrguy05750 Drag Racing 6 05-04-2005 07:03 AM
20" BMW, S10, Camaro rims low04gix6 For Sale 0 04-13-2005 02:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome