RIH Jay Estrada - GSXR.com
 10Likes
  • 1 Post By FubarRacin
  • 3 Post By Racerxxxgsxr1000
  • 1 Post By Tinsnips
  • 1 Post By Racerxxxgsxr1000
  • 1 Post By rv6john
  • 1 Post By hotdogtom
  • 1 Post By hotdogtom
  • 1 Post By HydeWhyte
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 1,349
Garage
RIH Jay Estrada

The essential leader of a movement in the Milwaukee area since last summer- named LO2's, for Life on Two's- tragically died
early on 5/10/17, in a solo, high speed accident.
(Nothing to do with my recent crash btw).

I could not say enough about this gentle soul of Jay.

Many in the area are very grief stricken, including me.

While I know and have met many great kind people,
I have yet to meet a kinder, calmer soul than Jay.
I am now striving to be at least anywhere near half of the man he was, so calm and kind. Rest in Heaven Jay, you were always at Peace Jay.

This is one of the tribute photos for him:
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...34&oe=59AF69B1

Ride safe brothers and sisters,
Todd

K5 1000 #2.0- ECU flash; Yoshi Muffler, Ti Midpipe; Q3+ 190/55 rear; 520 chain -1/+1; GP Shifting
BOTM 12/2016 - #1.0 GSXR.COM
crashed #1.0 on 5/7/17; #1.0 Sold!
K5/6 Liters FTW!
Todd_Sails is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 08:27 AM
Wyo-mod
 
Slimfatass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Worland, Wyoming
Posts: 8,058
That's a bummer.

My cousin died in a motorcycle crash last week too.

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -Mitch Hedberg- IG @slimfatass
Slimfatass is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 10:38 AM
Pro Racer
 
FubarRacin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,396
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_Sails View Post
The essential leader of a movement in the Milwaukee area since last summer- named LO2's, for Life on Two's- tragically died
early on 5/10/17, in a solo, high speed accident.
(Nothing to do with my recent crash btw).

I could not say enough about this gentle soul of Jay.

Many in the area are very grief stricken, including me.

While I know and have met many great kind people,
I have yet to meet a kinder, calmer soul than Jay.
I am now striving to be at least anywhere near half of the man he was, so calm and kind. Rest in Heaven Jay, you were always at Peace Jay.

This is one of the tribute photos for him:
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...34&oe=59AF69B1

Ride safe brothers and sisters,
Todd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimfatass View Post
That's a bummer.

My cousin died in a motorcycle crash last week too.
I'm sorry Todd and Slim
Todd_Sails likes this.
FubarRacin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 1,349
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimfatass View Post
That's a bummer.

My cousin died in a motorcycle crash last week too.
I'm so sorry for his loss

K5 1000 #2.0- ECU flash; Yoshi Muffler, Ti Midpipe; Q3+ 190/55 rear; 520 chain -1/+1; GP Shifting
BOTM 12/2016 - #1.0 GSXR.COM
crashed #1.0 on 5/7/17; #1.0 Sold!
K5/6 Liters FTW!
Todd_Sails is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:08 PM
Pro Racer
 
Racerxxxgsxr1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,833
Sorry to hear that man.
I'd rather die riding my bike any day, rather than to die helpless in an Old Folk's Home forgetting my loved ones and unable to care for myself.

I've lived more in my lifetime than many people do in their entire lives.

My father left this Earth for Heaven 5/22/18.
I love you dad, you'll be greatly missed.
I'll always keep on keeping on.

.
.
.
.
Racerxxxgsxr1000 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 03:43 AM
Mod of the North.
 
Tinsnips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Take a wild guess...
Posts: 24,006
Sorry to both of you. Tragic loss on both counts. RIP riders.
Todd_Sails likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNwhiteGSXR View Post
I play with myself and enjoy it!

Total MPG Wins: 189 (Retired)
Tinsnips is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 1,349
Garage
Today was the 1 year anniversary of Jay's crash and death.

A large group of riders, and some in cars met at the park we used to meet at to start the group rides Jay used to organize.
Before our departure, Jays brothers had a great speech and wonderful words for Jay and us.

Then, we rode thru town on the most ridden route that we used to take when Jay was leading the group. We stopped near the area of his crash site.

Then we rode to his grave, held a vigil, prayed, and payed tribute to our friend and this fallen rider.
His father spoke in Spanish, and was translated to English at his gravesite as well.

I will always be glad and grateful, to have once known Jay/Jorge Estrada.

It was so nice to see some of the riders I have not seen in a long time also.
It's nice to be part of a riding family.






K5 1000 #2.0- ECU flash; Yoshi Muffler, Ti Midpipe; Q3+ 190/55 rear; 520 chain -1/+1; GP Shifting
BOTM 12/2016 - #1.0 GSXR.COM
crashed #1.0 on 5/7/17; #1.0 Sold!
K5/6 Liters FTW!
Todd_Sails is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Pro Racer
 
Racerxxxgsxr1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,833
Thats a very nice grave stone. RIP
Todd_Sails likes this.

My father left this Earth for Heaven 5/22/18.
I love you dad, you'll be greatly missed.
I'll always keep on keeping on.

.
.
.
.
Racerxxxgsxr1000 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:07 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,707
What a nice tribute.
Todd_Sails likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 1,349
Garage
Sunday the 27th we had another Memorial Party for Jay, at the home of the person who was with Jay at the scene od his fatal accident.

Throughout the day, many people stopped by in memory of Jay.
It was nice to see several people I only know from group rides with Jays group. Some really good people too.
I took one pick from a across the street, before it really got going.




RIP Jay, and all those other fallen riders, friends, family, and loved ones

K5 1000 #2.0- ECU flash; Yoshi Muffler, Ti Midpipe; Q3+ 190/55 rear; 520 chain -1/+1; GP Shifting
BOTM 12/2016 - #1.0 GSXR.COM
crashed #1.0 on 5/7/17; #1.0 Sold!
K5/6 Liters FTW!
Todd_Sails is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 01:26 AM
Novice
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 69
We ride knowing that one day we might fall to our beloved sport.

The sad part is leaving loved ones behind. Sadder still though, is that there are those who do not understand the passion we actually carry for this sport-so strong in some that we are at one knowing that we might leave the ones we love behind should we die while riding.

Is this sport worth the probability that you might prematurely leave this world because you engage in a high risk sport? Well, you might as well stop crossing the road because that is quite dangerous also because I do not plan to stop.

My 15 year old son just got his scooter license and it is very nerve wrecking knowing he is negotiating that urban jungle! The first thing I explained to him once upon a time before even teaching him how to ride was responsibility. We are responsible for ourselves and our actions (how and how well we drive and our attitude towards others and other drivers). We are responsible to ensure that our equipment is in tip top shape that it does not pose a danger to us or others. And we are responsible for the action of others. Why? Because if they screw up and we are not sharp enough to catch it, it is us the motorcyclist that will pay the price. No bike can go against a car and expect to win. This responsibility has to extend to our entire life-not just regarding motorcycling. That is what I told him. The rest is in Godís hands.

God keep us all safe. Ride carefully people. Be smart and be courteous.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Todd_Sails likes this.
hotdogtom is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 1,349
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdogtom View Post
We ride knowing that one day we might fall to our beloved sport.

The sad part is leaving loved ones behind. Sadder still though, is that there are those who do not understand the passion we actually carry for this sport-so strong in some that we are at one knowing that we might leave the ones we love behind should we die while riding.

Is this sport worth the probability that you might prematurely leave this world because you engage in a high risk sport? Well, you might as well stop crossing the road because that is quite dangerous also because I do not plan to stop.

My 15 year old son just got his scooter license and it is very nerve wrecking knowing he is negotiating that urban jungle! The first thing I explained to him once upon a time before even teaching him how to ride was responsibility. We are responsible for ourselves and our actions (how and how well we drive and our attitude towards others and other drivers). We are responsible to ensure that our equipment is in tip top shape that it does not pose a danger to us or others. And we are responsible for the action of others. Why? Because if they screw up and we are not sharp enough to catch it, it is us the motorcyclist that will pay the price. No bike can go against a car and expect to win. This responsibility has to extend to our entire life-not just regarding motorcycling. That is what I told him. The rest is in Godís hands.

God keep us all safe. Ride carefully people. Be smart and be courteous.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well said, thanks for posting.
When I was young, I always HAD to ride, learn to ride, ride a friends when I didn't have one, etc.
My kids, now 15 and 17, haven't asked once to have a motorized 2 wheeler, and that's OK with me

K5 1000 #2.0- ECU flash; Yoshi Muffler, Ti Midpipe; Q3+ 190/55 rear; 520 chain -1/+1; GP Shifting
BOTM 12/2016 - #1.0 GSXR.COM
crashed #1.0 on 5/7/17; #1.0 Sold!
K5/6 Liters FTW!
Todd_Sails is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 08:22 AM
Novice
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 69
True. My oldest (17yrs) doesnít have any particular interest. They grow up with bikes around and the novelty is no longer there for them. When I was a young kid my parents FORBADE me to ride or get a bike. One day they could no longer do that and I got one! Now all I can do is help prepare my two other kids that are showing an interest! Funny isnít it: bikes around you from birth and they just donít do it for you. Show someone a forbidden fruit and they need it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Todd_Sails likes this.
hotdogtom is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 1,349
Garage
Today is the 2nd anniversary of Jorges/Jays passing.

Last night we had our get together for him, faces I haven't seen since last year!
We were all wearing the tribute shirt we had too.

We got together where we usually started the rides he organized- a park close to his home in Milwaukee.




Then we rode thru town to the area of the 'get off' where he expired. It's on Lincoln Mem. Drive. Behind me is a Marina and Lake Michigan.



One of the group who rode with us had a Rocket, and now has a Harley too. There were large clouds and it had rained all morning- so he decided to go get his car- A Maseratti!- This guy IS a Milwaukee Police officer too!!
He was with us for the entire tribute.



We stopped at Jays resting place too, and went to the gravesite and said a few group prayers.



Yours truly on the ride:



Some of us then stopped at one of Jays favorite spots to eat:



A group photo of the tribute. The guy in the middle in the White was the one riding on his bike when Jay shot off down that street, took that bend and crashed.
He tried to save his life there at the incident.
The guy on the left with the red, white and blue jacket on is
one of Jays/Jorges brothers. He looks just like Jay.



All in all, a great time and a great tribute for an awesome brother.

RIP Jay, we love ya man

K5 1000 #2.0- ECU flash; Yoshi Muffler, Ti Midpipe; Q3+ 190/55 rear; 520 chain -1/+1; GP Shifting
BOTM 12/2016 - #1.0 GSXR.COM
crashed #1.0 on 5/7/17; #1.0 Sold!
K5/6 Liters FTW!
Todd_Sails is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:19 AM
Rider
 
HydeWhyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: NE Texas
Posts: 152
Garage
It's amazing that y'all are still doing this two years later, and a real testament to his character and the positive influence he had on others. RIP Jay
Todd_Sails likes this.

I know some things about some things but I don't know jack about a whole lot more.
HydeWhyte is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GSXR.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome