General Track day Chat - Page 57 - GSXR.com
 672Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2241 of 2321 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Pro Racer
 
FubarRacin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,504
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerblade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW View Post
I'm in for July 6 weekend at Autobahn... trying not to suck.
If anyone is going and want to meet up, let me know.


When I grow up I want to be like you racers! <img src="https://www.gsxr.com/images/smilies/thumbup.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Thumb Up" class="inlineimg" />
Have not been to Autobahn yet but looking at the schedule. Was supposed to be at Grattan today and tomorrow but wife's father passed so just had funeral this weekend. Everything was up in the air for a while but should be good to start committing!

Sorry for the Mrs's loss give her my condolences plz
tigerblade and JCW like this.

You can get Happy in the same pants you got Pissed off in

January 2018 BOTM winner
May 2018 BOTM winner

FubarRacin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2242 of 2321 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 07:50 AM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Test road GSXR up and down the street, all is good! CMP here we come!!
rv6john and tigerblade like this.

koth442 is offline  
post #2243 of 2321 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by koth442 View Post
Test road GSXR up and down the street, all is good! CMP here we come!!
I have a little "strip" that I can do a good 150 run to make sure everything is working fine. That will be on the schedule in the next day or two.

koth442, tigerblade and Vader225 like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2244 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:21 PM
JCW
Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 298
Well this sucks...second Supercorsa SP rear I've almost ruined in as many trackdays.

Don't believe it when they say you don't have to pay attention to tire wear when you're slow. Doesn't take much skill to twist the throttle.

This is on a nearly stock 750 engine-wise.

Attached Thumbnails
cold or hot.jpg  
JCW is offline  
post #2245 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:28 PM
JCW
Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6john View Post
I have a little "strip" that I can do a good 150 run to make sure everything is working fine. That will be on the schedule in the next day or two.
Practice HARD braking, too. Feel when the rear end starts to slow weave and gets really light. Work on feeding the brake pressure on quickly but smoothly. Then trail off smoothly, too.

Then pick a brake marker and add braking and downshifting drills at higher speeds.

This is what I do cause I can't get to the track as much as I like to ride and improve.
koth442 likes this.
JCW is offline  
post #2246 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW View Post
Practice HARD braking, too. Feel when the rear end starts to slow weave and gets really light. Work on feeding the brake pressure on quickly but smoothly. Then trail off smoothly, too.

Then pick a brake marker and add braking and downshifting drills at higher speeds.

This is what I do cause I can't get to the track as much as I like to ride and improve.
We had a great day at Carolina Motorsports Park yesterday. Over 10 people that I know and ride with went which makes it really nice. Everyone left in good condition which is the most important. It was a bit hot and humid but I made all sessions with only a short loss of track time due to some lightning north of the track but it never rained.

I got to meet and ride with Koth442 and his friend. We were out at the same time in the morning but neither remember seeing each other. He might have passed me so fast I missed it while blinking
Need to watch my videos to see if I missed him.

Yes, braking hard where the rear is dancing on the ground with each downshift is fun
tigerblade and JCW like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is online now  
post #2247 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6john View Post
We had a great day at Carolina Motorsports Park yesterday. Over 10 people that I know and ride with went which makes it really nice. Everyone left in good condition which is the most important. It was a bit hot and humid but I made all sessions with only a short loss of track time due to some lightning north of the track but it never rained.

I got to meet and ride with Koth442 and his friend. We were out at the same time in the morning but neither remember seeing each other. He might have passed me so fast I missed it while blinking
Need to watch my videos to see if I missed him.

Yes, braking hard where the rear is dancing on the ground with each downshift is fun
Good meeting you too John! I was worried you zipped around me before I noticed haha.

Sunday was a good day too. We were almost all packed up when the rain came and dropped about an inch of rain on the track. My back tire is toast. Even flipped it at lunch too!
rv6john and tigerblade like this.

koth442 is offline  
post #2248 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Pro Racer
 
apiazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,955
Garage
Few guys I know were down there. I thought about going but it just a really long drive for me. Maybe one day I'll make it down there. Especially when it starts to get colder up here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2004 GSXR600 (Track)
2009 Ninja 650R (Street)
apiazza is offline  
post #2249 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by apiazza View Post
Few guys I know were down there. I thought about going but it just a really long drive for me. Maybe one day I'll make it down there. Especially when it starts to get colder up here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Carolina Motorsports Park is one of the closest track too me so I get there 2-3 times a year. I really enjoy it but not sure I would do a real long drive to get there. Unless you were in the neighborhood.

Coming from your direction, I'd be going to VIR north course.
apiazza likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is online now  
post #2250 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Pro Racer
 
apiazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,955
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6john View Post
Carolina Motorsports Park is one of the closest track too me so I get there 2-3 times a year. I really enjoy it but not sure I would do a real long drive to get there. Unless you were in the neighborhood.



Coming from your direction, I'd be going to VIR north course.
I do VIR twice a year (2 day events) with mid atlantic Ducati club and corner speed. That's still a 5+ hour drive for me but absolutely worth it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
rv6john likes this.

2004 GSXR600 (Track)
2009 Ninja 650R (Street)
apiazza is offline  
post #2251 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
I have to agree with John, CMP is good, but not super long drive kind of good. Unless.. you need a fix and it's too cold up north.

koth442 is offline  
post #2252 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:53 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
Just signed up with MTD for Putnam Park on Sunday, July 28th.
koth442 and tigerblade like this.
Chuckster is offline  
post #2253 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 06:56 AM
Stays Crispy in Milk
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 5,584
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Just signed up with MTD for Putnam Park on Sunday, July 28th.
Considered that one but will have family in town.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
post #2254 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerblade View Post
Considered that one but will have family in town.
That's why I'm not doing the one this weekend. This family BS is really cutting into my track time.
koth442 and Newyork like this.
Chuckster is offline  
post #2255 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:25 PM
JCW
Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 298
Missing 8/2 weekend for family... lol
JCW is offline  
post #2256 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 06:19 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
No wind, clear skies, STT at my home track and I can't be there..... Nothing more demoralizing than missing a day like this when your bike is in the garage with fresh oil, brakes and tires.
Chuckster is offline  
post #2257 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
No wind, clear skies, STT at my home track and I can't be there..... Nothing more demoralizing than missing a day like this when your bike is in the garage with fresh oil, brakes and tires.
Ugh, that does suck...

koth442 is offline  
post #2258 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 07:17 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
Weather is looking good for Putnam this weekend. I'll be there on the 28th only.
koth442 and tigerblade like this.
Chuckster is offline  
post #2259 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
I'm looking at Little Tally August 9th. Maybe the 10th too.
rv6john likes this.

koth442 is offline  
post #2260 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:32 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,864
All this fabulous weather in the southeast this weekend and the only "local" track day to me is NCBIKE.

Not that I planned anything anyway, but....
koth442 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is online now  
post #2261 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 04:42 PM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6john View Post
All this fabulous weather in the southeast this weekend and the only "local" track day to me is NCBIKE.

Not that I planned anything anyway, but....
That's on the other side of the state isn't it?

koth442 is offline  
post #2262 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 05:41 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
Sunday's forecast for Putnam, Sunny 68/90 with 56% humidity. Can't buy better weather?

Oh, and if you're going to Putnam this weekend (you're a douchebag for not letting me know already), I just heard on the radio that I-70 will be closed from downtown Indy to I-465 on the West side starting late Friday night and lasting 9 days.
koth442 and tigerblade like this.
Chuckster is offline  
post #2263 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 10:19 AM
Stays Crispy in Milk
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 5,584
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Sunday's forecast for Putnam, Sunny 68/90 with 56% humidity. Can't buy better weather?

Oh, and if you're going to Putnam this weekend (you're a douchebag for not letting me know already), I just heard on the radio that I-70 will be closed from downtown Indy to I-465 on the West side starting late Friday night and lasting 9 days.
Wow wish I was going! First Anniversary is Sunday though so I probably had better not miss that.
koth442 likes this.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
post #2264 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 12:34 PM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
Well, she'll get over it.... or she won't. Only one way to find out.
Chuckster is offline  
post #2265 of 2321 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:15 AM
Pro Racer
 
apiazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,955
Garage
I mean come on. It happens every year. What's the big deal?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
koth442 and tigerblade like this.

2004 GSXR600 (Track)
2009 Ninja 650R (Street)
apiazza is offline  
post #2266 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Signed up for NCM on Aug 24th.
rv6john and tigerblade like this.

koth442 is offline  
post #2267 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:51 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
I really want to make that one too, but my wife has to work Friday evening and I don't travel to trackdays alone.
Chuckster is offline  
post #2268 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 06:15 AM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
I really want to make that one too, but my wife has to work Friday evening and I don't travel to trackdays alone.
You could do Sunday. We wouldn't get to ride together, but at least you'd get some track time.

koth442 is offline  
post #2269 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:47 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
But I want to be there for the cookoff and shenanigans!
Chuckster is offline  
post #2270 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
But I want to be there for the cookoff and shenanigans!
Show up Saturday afternoon? Idk, just throwing ideas out there.

koth442 is offline  
post #2271 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:36 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
I've thought about it. Even thought about driving down really early on Saturday. It's about a 5 hour drive, so a 3am launch would suck. Sunday trackdays make Monday mornings suck. None of it is really in my favor.

Anyone headed down Friday from the Indianapolis area? I'm thinking drop the trailer at NCM Friday and hotel it Friday/Saturday night, and come back. I just don't want all my shit sitting there if I have to ride the bus.

Last edited by Chuckster; 08-13-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Chuckster is offline  
post #2272 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Anyone headed down Friday from the Indianapolis area? I'm thinking drop the trailer at NCM Friday and hotel it Friday/Saturday night, and come back. I just don't want all my shit sitting there if I have to ride the bus.
What do you mean take the bus?

koth442 is offline  
post #2273 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:43 PM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
Ambulance = bus
Chuckster is offline  
post #2274 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:23 AM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Gotcha. Just don't fuck up :P

koth442 is offline  
post #2275 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
Easier said than done. This was from my first trackday back after my crash rebuild. Imagine if this dude was just a little later on this dumbass move. Sometimes, it's not your fault.

Chuckster is offline  
post #2276 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Yeah I know, that's why it was a joke. Had something similar happen to me, except it was later for me. Smashed right into that dudes bike.

Good job not target fixating btw.

koth442 is offline  
post #2277 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,864
@Chuckster. Yes, nice job, you didn't even wiggle.

I was watching a friend of mine on his first track day go into T11 at CMP (a somewhat tight 210ish degree left) and he kept going wider and leaning more till he lost the front. My eyes were glued to him and a second after he went down I remember thinking "Stop watching or you're going to run off also!".

It was nice of the guy to get out of the way.
koth442 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is online now  
post #2278 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
I'm just glad he didn't slide under me. I'm pretty good about riding my own ride and not being concerned with what's going on around me. If someone crashes in front of you in a turn, don't worry since inertia will clear them away. It's when someone turns you and your bike into a human bowling pin that really fucks up your day.

My dad is retired and isn't busy that whole weekend. He said he'd travel with me. But almost 300 for hotel, plus another 300 for the day/garage, I'm weather watching this one. As of right now, they're forecasting dry for several days, and rain starting Friday. So it might be a wet weekend. Add to that there's a trackday at Putnam with Indy Ducati on the 25th, the money factor of this one is painful. If it wasn't for my dad going (he's 70), I'd probably just camp.


Has anyone been to the chili cook-off and fundraiser party? How long does it last? I might be able to trim that down if I drive home Saturday night.
Chuckster is offline  
post #2279 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:56 AM
Racer
 
koth442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
I'm just glad he didn't slide under me. I'm pretty good about riding my own ride and not being concerned with what's going on around me. If someone crashes in front of you in a turn, don't worry since inertia will clear them away. It's when someone turns you and your bike into a human bowling pin that really fucks up your day.

My dad is retired and isn't busy that whole weekend. He said he'd travel with me. But almost 300 for hotel, plus another 300 for the day/garage, I'm weather watching this one. As of right now, they're forecasting dry for several days, and rain starting Friday. So it might be a wet weekend. Add to that there's a trackday at Putnam with Indy Ducati on the 25th, the money factor of this one is painful. If it wasn't for my dad going (he's 70), I'd probably just camp.


Has anyone been to the chili cook-off and fundraiser party? How long does it last? I might be able to trim that down if I drive home Saturday night.
$300 for hotel? Is that two nights with a room for each of you? Could have swore I stayed at a Super 8 down the road a bit for $80 / night last time I was there.

koth442 is offline  
post #2280 of 2321 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:05 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,439
The Holliday Inn Express. $124 a night (refundable) for 2 nights plus taxes. This is the one a few miles south of the track. Pretty nice and decent breakfast.

Now the wife is saying she wants to go. So drive down late Friday. and get a hotel for one night. Camp at the track on Saturday night after and ride the Grom (I'm winning that fucking thing!) around.
koth442 likes this.
Chuckster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GSXR.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General drag racing chat. pswamp605 Drag Racing 1485 11-19-2015 10:48 AM
Little Tally Tack Day (my first track day) Scarpino Club Level and Trackdays 20 04-29-2014 02:20 PM
Motoyard Memorial Day Double Track Day on May 30th wsmc825 Club Level and Trackdays 0 05-23-2011 02:00 AM
Posting in the "General GSXR Chat" forum you da man General GSXR Chat 4 08-30-2007 12:48 AM
technical track day setup questions to pass tech, ride on the track, trackday trixxergixxer Club Level and Trackdays 6 05-27-2006 08:21 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome