• gixxer996

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • nismos14

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • gsxr1904

Votes: 5 23.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Click that VOTE!! February Bike of the Month voting thread.

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  globber99 
#1 ·
You have five choices this month. Each one represents a labor of love for the owner. Choose wisely!!

#2 ·
Jaker
Year: 2015
Model: gsxr
Eng size: 750
Pipe: in the works
Seat: saddlemans
Wheels: stock , tires Dunlop q3
Accessories/other mods:
FP levers , stomp grip , woodcraft sliders , tint wind screen , carbon solo cover , painted front calipers

I don't really have a story I had a sv650 and wanted more adjustment on the front end and didn't want to do a swap so I brought a new bike

#3 ·
Tuctowngsxr
Year: 2008

Eng size: 600

Pipe: full yosh R55 exhaust

Seat: stock

Wheels: stock , tires Dunlop q3

Accessories/other mods: flashed ecu, aside from that mainly stock, as i use it as a daily rider

No real dramatic backstory. Shes my 3rd. Started off on an 04 gsxr back in 04. Had it for about 3 1/2 yrs before selling in 07 due to life lol was off a bike until march of 14. Purchased an 07 cbr 600rr which i kept for about a year before selling. Wasnt planning on getting another bike til i saw this one, was love at 1st sight minus the white wheels which r an absolute pain lol

#4 ·
gixxer996

Year: 2005
Eng size: 600
Pipe: Chopped D&D
Seat: stock
Wheels: stock
Accessories/other mods:
short levers, suzuki grips, bar end mirror, double bubble tinted windscreen, sliders, spools, undertail, foil taped airbox, k&n air filter, LED & HID light kits, a polished frame and rear wheel, and lowered(lights, polishing and lowering done by PO).

story: So this is my 2nd 05 600, I was hit on 5/29/14 on my 1st 05 which was totaled out and much more of a bike of the month contender. So I was left with no bike and unable to walk due to a badly damaged leg but I started my search for my next bike the next day after I got out of my 1st surgery(LOL). I kept telling everyone as long as I can get this leg up and over a bike, I'll be riding again! Well after about 5-6 months of searching and convincing the old lady I could still ride I stumbled across this 05 with 7k on the dash so I jumped on it and ran out to see it while still walking with a cane and going to therapy. Now it November, freezing cold out and a little snow/ice on the ground and I'm buying a bike! got her home to a very upset girlfriend and had to throw the bike right into storage without even a test ride!!! so come spring time I unwrapped her to really get a good look at what I had gotten myself into and was pleasantly surprised that she was mostly stock and in great condition but I had to change some of the junk the PO had put on like those god awful knife blade levers. Now after all of those little cosmetic changes I did, I was so happy to be able to get back out and ride again almost a year later and by the way I already doubled the miles, had to make up for all the good riding I missed.... so I only have a couple pics, one of how she was and one of how she pretty much is now but I will be entering her again once the cold breaks and I get a chance to add this year's mods which include a -1/+2 520 kit, F+R s/s brake lines, hopefully a PC3(Oh and returning her to stock height). but here she is for now:

as she was:

as she is:

#5 ·
nismos14

Year: K6
Model: GSXR
Eng size: 750
Pipe: Custom Yoshimura TRC headers with TRC Midpipe and R77D muffler (need to get pics of this still
Seat: N/A
Wheels: N/A
Accessories/other mods: Flash button turned into garage door opener, custom rear seat for Givi tank back to be mounted
And the story:
Bought in '13, initially drove to Penn to get it, but the day I went to get it on my way there, the water pump seal failed and oil went everywhere. Didn't pick it up that day, needless to say. Went back two weeks later, got it! Its left me stranded three times, once for R/R, once for Stator. Replaced clutch and learned a lot about bikes working on this one even though it's not my first.

#6 ·
Gsxr_1904;3275618]First time doing a show off for BOTM
My names dan il be showing off my 2014 gsxr 1000 but first a little intro! I'v been riding for 2 years now i do street/canyons/getting into more track.
First bike was a 2013 gsxr 600 i unfortunantly got cut off and barely avoid his truck camper and our tails clipped when i swerved to the left. I believe i might have posted about it.
2nd bike was a 2013 gsxr 750 all the same goodies pazzo white edition levers,bmc filter, akra full system and got stolen :(

Came back out on a 1000 this time since im always 2 up for street riding my wrist thanks me ����
2014 sitting for 2 years on the showroom floor

Downtown san diego in the background

Austin racing titanium v3 slip on with cat delete

Ar exhaust installed belmont park mission beach in background

Attack performance for a ecu reflash and dyno tune

Ohlins front/rear rs10 installed

Quintin Robles from next level cycles tuning the ohlins front and rear

Little action shot first time on the 1k on the track and first time at tbe track need to hug the tank and drop the elbow but next year i'd be back out!

I made a post with 20 pics to find out its 10 max so il be doing a track/show off thread also on another subforum

Mods: Translogic quickshifter, Bmc race filter, yoshimura fender eliminator, vortex rear spool, Driven rear sets, Austin racing v3 titanium slip on with cat delete, puig screen, ecu reflash with dyno tune, ohlins 30mm cartridge, and an ohlins ttx gp rear shock.

Future mods: brembo rcs bmc, steel braided lines, new pads and rotors and a set of track fairings. Motion pro throttle also! This will be turned into my track bike possibly and get the new 17 for street/canyons

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.