Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Joe's L6 750

23K views 142 replies 18 participants last post by  J.GILKY 
#1 ·
Starting a thread to show my mods as I go. It's a 2016 GSX-R750. here's pretty much how I started out, day 1 picked up at the dealer. That's my lady standing with it.

See less See more
#9 ·
Like the decals. Can't wait to see the finished product. If you can find any, throw some yoshi case savers and hard parts on that. Get em powder coated gold too. Set your bike off. What I'm doing to my bike too. But bronzed. Now hurry up and save some money. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Reactions: J.GILKY
#45 ·
I just got all these parts in and then some.... I would highly recommend as well if you are looking to enhance aesthetics. I havent't decided what color to powdercoat yet though.... I got the case saver kit, engine plug kit, oil filler cap, bar ends & sliders (can't color), and the mirror block off plates, was iffy on that steering stem nut though if I ever take it in for service. still debating on the axle blocks as well.

#11 · (Edited)
Your bike is sexy, your woman is cute, and you have good taste in colors. I dig it, i really really like that gsxr delete/decal added looks clean

I am an l3 owner, heres some suggestions that I figured out/learned about and did overtime. Drop the front sprocket teeth -1 and get a drdspeedo healer or whatever the heck its called. sprocket was 30 bucks, 60 bucks for the healer, you will now have the bike riding the way it should of from factory.

The speedo healer was already off by like 6-7% from factory, and with -1 front sprocket even more so. Mine ended up being like 9 percent off, its 100% accurate now. check out the M4 slip on! it gets rid of the big ass can, looks stock and looks sleek.! sounds great too 220sh bucks

I just sent my ECU off to danos performance for ecu flash to remove some restrictions etc. 85 bucks mines sent out right now so i cant comment on it. but its cheap, and you can remove a lot. If you havn't tried shorty levers.. try a cheap pair and if you like them, get some ASV's.

ecu flash
ECU Flashing

(ignore this one, i just read you had +2 in the rear thats close to the effect of front sprocket -1 is equal to like +3 rear) but i think a front sprocket is super cheap in comparison vs rear
driven or vortex front sprocket - keep the 525 size chain, stock front sprocket16t, i dropped mine to 15t.
https://store.schnitzracing.com/vortex-steel-front-sprocket/

speedodrd/speedometer corrector
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/SpeedoDRD-DRD-S1-SPEEDOMETE-CALIBRATOR-KAWASAKI/dp/B00S1TZBME[/ame]

exhaust im referring too (i called them and they dropped like 50 bucks off it when i bought it) call around price around if you like it.
https://www.motomummy.com/slipons/2011-2012-gsxr-600/750-gp-m4-slipon/

extra stuffs... not really relevant. but.. highly recommended. I have straight thru woodcraft sliders, stator cover slider, clutch cover slider, front and rear axle sliders. (this is my bike, you can see the black puck on the front wheel axle, the black puck on the side fairing, the black puck end of bike on wheel axle, also, the blue aluminum on my stator cover is my slider, they have gold, black silver etc.. tons of options. i've dropped my bike a couple times, playing or just in garage moving it, and saved my bike 100%. The clip on frame sliders are crap and will break off. Just be careful and measure up 3 times before you cut. isnt too scary.

edit.. Did the dealership Give you a seat cover / cowl thing with your purchase? mine didn't so i had to buy one. but i read older bikes got them included with the purchase. might want to ask.
http://www.motosport.com/oem-parts/...xr600;2013&partgroup=seat-tail-box-(optional)

#13 ·
edit.. Did the dealership Give you a seat cover / cowl thing with your purchase? mine didn't so i had to buy one. but i read older bikes got them included with the purchase. might want to ask.
http://www.motosport.com/oem-parts/...xr600;2013&partgroup=seat-tail-box-(optional)

Nope they don't come with the bike anymore . You have to purchase one or try to get the dealer to give you one .

Like hey come on man , I'm buying a new bike from you . I bet I could get a free cowl from that dealer over there ........

#15 · (Edited)
The gold on the rotor surface will come right off. Was not intending for it to stay gold. The rotors are actually just painted to match the powder coat, and the paint that is on the contact surface is actually very thin/see through almost, it will come right off.

#23 ·
About the rotors, they were just painted to match. And yes you guys are right, the paint did not want to just scrub off. I had to take a razor blade for hours on end and scrape the paint away from the pad contact surface. It still turned out nice, but it was a royal pain. Live and learn I guess.

#24 · (Edited)
Went on a 150 mile ride yesterday for a customer appreciation day at a local dealership. Had a great time, saw some sights, and pushed the bike almost to its limits. It was an awesome day. I'm loving the gold, it really makes the bike pop. And the gel seats are a good addition. They do not completely eliminate discomfort, but I was able to ride nearly 4 hrs straight and still feel like I wanted to ride some more, a definite improvement. The new sprocket that was installed is a 45 tooth, and I get the feeling its no different than the stock one was. I compared my speedo with my friends bike whil we were cruising and they were spot on. I was still able to hit 175 and had a little bit left. I guess I will wait until I need some other work done to throw a 47 tooth on.

#25 ·
Went on a 150 mile ride yesterday for a customer appreciation day at a local dealership. Had a great time, saw some sights, and pushed the bike almost to its limits. It was an awesome day. I'm loving the gold, it really makes the bike pop. And the gel seats are a good addition. They do not completely eliminate discomfort, but I was able to ride nearly 4 hrs straight and still feel like I wanted to ride some more, a definite improvement. The new sprocket that was installed is a 45 tooth, and I get the feeling its no different than the stock one was. I compared my speedo with my friends bike whil we were cruising and they were spot on. I was still able to hit 175 and had a little bit left. I guess I will wait until I need some other work done to throw a 47 tooth on.
175 on the street? Pushed almost to its limits? :damn:

#27 ·
Unfortunately, nothing new to report right now. I have decided on the Taylor Made full exhaust system though. Has anyone here installed it? How do you like it? I love the way it looks, i'm just a little worried it might be a little too loud. Also is there any chance it would make any discomfort for a passenger from heat?

#29 ·
Alreadys saw answer to my previous question.... I used to have that same exhaust on my k6 600. No issues with heat whatsoever. Those exhausts are top notch, highly recommend and wouldn't hesitate to buy again. Plenty of exhausts are louder than the taylormade.

Reactions: J.GILKY
#32 ·
Yoshimura, Leo Vince, Akrapovic, Arrow, Scorpion, any of the well known brands will serve you better for sure. I have a Leo Vince on my ninja and a Scorpion on my gsxr.

Basically NO Two Bros, Jardine, or Taylor Made if you're looking for quality/performance/R&D.

In the end tho it is your bike, put on it what you like.

Remember, if you go full system you must get a fuel controller.

#36 ·
I finally got that 47 tooth vortex rear sprocket installed. (+2). Wow what a difference it made. I'm glad I didn't jump right into the 1 down 2 up. The acceleration is improved in all gears, it's especially noticeable when pulling throttle in 4th 5th and 6th. It used to feel really flat until it got up into the rpms, but now it pulls, even down around 4k. And as for pulling the wheel up, it made it much easier to lift up on power alone in 1st. I just get up to about 7k and twist, comes right up. If you stay full throttle it will come back up again at the top of 1st. Top speed is yet to be determined, but Its definitely still over 150. Just in case anyone was curious. I highly recommend it.

#62 ·
So for anyone who might be wondering what the later model PAIR valve setup looks like, here it is. It no longer has a small vacuum line connected to the throttle bodies, it is electronically controlled. So there are only 3 hoses connected. There also do not appear to be any reed valves anymore, its just 2 nipples sticking out of the top of the valve cover. So its very basic, if you want to remove it entirely, just pull it out and then install 3 rubber cap plugs where the hoses were, 2 on the top of the valve cover, and 1 on the underside of front right corner of the airbox. For now I am simply going to install 1 rubber plug at the airbox port and see how it works out.

Now after doing my research I noticed there is also a mod to connect the crankcase breather hose to the 2 ports at the top of the valve cover in order to create negative pressure in the crankcase. I would like someone who has more experience with this to chime in as to wether its a good idea or not. I would imagine that this could create an issue with oil consumption since it would so freely vent oil mist out of the exhaust.

#63 ·
Still waiting for my exhaust to show up, but I already got my ECU back from Dano's Performance. I have to say, their turn around time was amazing and the customer service was great. So far I would highly recommend them for your ecu flashing needs. At $95 shipped, you can't beat that price. Especially since the local shop wanted $450...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.