Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Just ordered IPhone mount, and Senna Blue tooth

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jespenshade12 
#1 ·
I got $600 bonus on Amazon GiftCards from work for being fairly fit, having a good lipid profile, non smoker, etc.- Mostly an incentive from the Health insurance people

You may have seen I recently purchased a nice HJC color matching Helmet,
and I can't wait to be able to not only call and or talk on my phone and listen and look at the GPS on the Iphone (I use Google Maps-free and voice command too)!!!
Then there's the talking bike to bike with them too.

I got the steering stem mounted Ram mount, and after reading many reviews-
I just went with the Senna right away too. Both for total of just under $150 shipped.
I don't see myself listening to music while I ride- don't intend to anyways.

Now I can communicate WHILE riding!
The Siri will work with it too, so I can call, text while riding!
Very decent reviews too

And yes, I do realize people been doing this for years :devil

See less See more
#3 ·
As long as there's a cell tower, I can use the phone hands free of the phone, and also
get to and choose the newest country twisty too using the maps on while on the mount.
If I need to study the map a bit, I'll pull over though

I never plan to listen to music in my helmet, I agree, the sound of my bike is music to my ears!

Reactions: Racerxxxgsxr1000
#4 ·
I was discussing wiring my USB charger port 'over there' and ....

My. K7 has 2 little bulbs on either side if the headlight. The are parking lights, but turn on with the bike. I tapped that wire for switch power for my phone mount. I can't tell from pictures, but I don't think your bike has these bulbs.
I DO HAVE TWO LITTLE LIGHTS!, one on each side of the main head lamp.
* But both wires going to it are Black! ??
AND, when I pulled the rubber insert out and looked at both of them-
THERE'S NO BULB IN MINE!?
* Edit- They are called 'position lights' in the Manual; are 5W, and shouild have a BR:B/w wire going to them up front. She looked like 2 black wires to me.- Still bothered why there wasn't any bulbs in those- both sides?

It's sort of a flat socket. Now I'm wondering why someone took those out?
And, how is one wire hot and ground, when both wires are black?
No stripes, not other dotted collers, etc.

AND,
I've mounted my Sena Blue tooth in my helmit- and it works well at home.
I can push the button, and ask Siri to dial one of my contacts, show me a route to somewhere, etc.- by voice command!

AND,
I 've mounted my Knock off RAM mount- where I can still see my gauges, etc.
This is for looking at the screen if I'll need directions to a good curvy road, etc.

#5 ·
OK, I installed 2 yellow bulbs in my 'position light' sockets- the ones on the side of my headlamps.
They power on as usual with the ignition, and are the correct 5 W.

At first, I wired the accessory charger port to each wire to the loeft position light- light still works fine, but- no power to the port.
I did splice wires, and used shrink wrap over the end to end, and I used the blue clip type splicers to get the wires spliced into the system.

Then, I tested which was the switched + wire, and used and looked for ground sites.
I grounded the other wire- and it lights the circuit tester when power is on.
- But still, won't 'charge' my phone?

Does it matter which wire is the + on the charger port? I thought as long as one was positive, one was ground, it would work fine.
Could this be the problem?
I didn't want to mess with it anymore last night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.