Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

what exhaust set up do you guys have?

5K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Mark Behan 
#1 ·
Hey everybody what kind of exhaust set up do you guys have and on what bike? Also do you have it tuned? power commander or ecu flashed?
I want to get an exhaust system on my 2011 600. I want to cut the cat put a mid pipe (I already have a good pair of headers) then throw on a slip on.

#2 ·
Yup. Do it. After I cut mine, it almost looked like there was a sleeve going into the box that could be used to slide a midpipe. But I don't know. I just cut it and welded a custom mid pipe to the end.
If your mid pipe ends in the stock location, you can use any slip on obviously.
I refreshed my ecu.

#6 ·
07 750 with Scorpion slip on stock headers...ECU flashed, and tuned through Bazzaz Zfi/TC. Made 130hp.

12 zx6r with Leo Vince slip on gutted stock headers ( cat inside on ninja) tuned through Bazzaz made 112hp.

#9 ·
08 750 full exhaust Taylor race first I had ECU flashed but then I decided to get it dyno tuned where they actually put it up on machine and they remapped it. come to find out it was running way out in lower gears. probably best I did.
improved throttle response and gained few more HP.

07 750 Sato slip on with PC III

#10 ·
None if it's a 600, it's a total waste of money for the tiny gains you make, Akrapovic or Leo Vince if it's a 1000 or 750.

#11 ·
K5 Liter

Ti midpipe, SET deleted, Carbon Yoshi exhaust, ECU flashed.

Very happy w/ it, not too loud even though no baffle

#13 ·
Power Commander or Bazzaz unit are fuel controllers. They just let you set the air/fuel ratio, similar to jetting a carburetor. An ECU flash can do that plus change other electronic parameters, like setting the rev limiter to a different level, change the temp when the radiator fan comes on, disable O2 sensor or PAIR valve, sometimes enable quickshift ability, etc.

#17 · (Edited)
For my 750 K9, the prev owner had remove the SET valve, de-cat and fitted 2 bros exhaust. It run fine with no popping at high rpm decal. The only way I can be sure it is running at correct afr would be testing it at dyno ? I dont have much $$ to spare right now, maybe I get it check few month later, would that hurt anything ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.