First Time Buyers-First Bike Questions-Read me - Page 4 - GSXR.com
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 137 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2
yea that's what I thought. thanks for a quick reply. I do have an Fi light but the guy I got it from said it's the exhaust servo, probably. I'll have to get an exact code tomorrow.
sgtmat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 07:04 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
Getting back riding after 11 years of non riding due to life. It's brought just that back to me 10 fold! Bought a 2005 gsxr 1000 with 30,000 on it. Put a bunch of money, mods and a new clutch in it (waiting on a new water pump this very second) and couldn't be happier. Handles like a well tuned monster and has plenty of unpredictable power. Owned a 1994 zx7, 1996 gsxr 750, 2002 gsxr 600 in the past. I like Suzuki gsxr at any size engine as its the bike for me. I would definitely say the bike has changed my life. I didn't know I would fall in love so much with riding as I have. Still riding in 33 degree weather here in northeast Ohio. Just wanted to say hi and very happy to be a part of the community
Mike216 is offline  
post #123 of 137 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Stays Crispy in Milk
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 5,621
Garage
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike216 View Post
Getting back riding after 11 years of non riding due to life. It's brought just that back to me 10 fold! Bought a 2005 gsxr 1000 with 30,000 on it. Put a bunch of money, mods and a new clutch in it (waiting on a new water pump this very second) and couldn't be happier. Handles like a well tuned monster and has plenty of unpredictable power. Owned a 1994 zx7, 1996 gsxr 750, 2002 gsxr 600 in the past. I like Suzuki gsxr at any size engine as its the bike for me. I would definitely say the bike has changed my life. I didn't know I would fall in love so much with riding as I have. Still riding in 33 degree weather here in northeast Ohio. Just wanted to say hi and very happy to be a part of the community
Welcome. Post up in the New Riders and Members section with a pic of your bike!

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 137 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Indiana
Posts: 307
Hey so I'm buying a 2007 gsxr 600 tomorrow that has 15,600 miles. has sliders, two brothers m2 exhaust and aftermarket levers. I'm buying it for $2900, it has a clean title and he originally wanted $4000. Should I be worried something is wrong with it? I've heard it run and it sounds good but still.
Jakksin is offline  
post #125 of 137 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 04:23 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Queensland
Posts: 18
Hey guys just a question im looking at buying a bike, ill give you the description on it :
04 GSXR 750 48,000km. Regularly serviced. The Dunlop sports max tiers have less then 400 kms on them. Brake pads front and rear brand new. Aftermarket clutch lever, foot pegs, gear shifter, front and rear brake levers. Flush to the fairing front indicators. Aftermarket exhaust makes enough noise to let traffic know you are there without being overly loud. Oggy nobs and rear race stand holders. Taller gear ratio for better acceleration standard included.
Comes with rear seat and original pegs and levers including the rear passenger pegs.

It hasnt had its 48k major service yet but had a normal service unsure if it was by them or by a mechanic. He said he dosnt do the valves untill the tappets start making noise but wouldnt that do damage? Need some advice please
Ozzie is offline  
post #126 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: texas
Posts: 6
First time buying a bike

Ok so i've found a really good deal on a 2012 daytona yellow gsxr 750 with 191miles, but from the pictures it looks like there is an aftermarket fairing on it but i can't really tell could someone help me out?
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 2.43.43 PM.jpg  
Rayg11 is offline  
post #127 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 7,923
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayg11 View Post
Ok so i've found a really good deal on a 2012 daytona yellow gsxr 750 with 191miles, but from the pictures it looks like there is an aftermarket fairing on it but i can't really tell could someone help me out?
Here is a picture of my 2012 yellow 750 and there do seem to be some differences.
Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zpsd6028cc1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	274570

I am a ward of the state.
Winchester Boy is offline  
post #128 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:11 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: texas
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Boy View Post
Here is a picture of my 2012 yellow 750 and there do seem to be some differences.
Attachment 274570
Thanks, i seen a couple pictures just like your bike so i was just wondering if this bike had aftermarket on it. You think its a good deal they're asking 10.4 out the door?
Rayg11 is offline  
post #129 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 7,923
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayg11 View Post
Thanks, i seen a couple pictures just like your bike so i was just wondering if this bike had aftermarket on it. You think its a good deal they're asking 10.4 out the door?
No! That's crazy high! You could buy a leftover '16 for close to that.
Todd_Sails likes this.

I am a ward of the state.
Winchester Boy is offline  
post #130 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: texas
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Boy View Post
No! That's crazy high! You could buy a leftover '16 for close to that.
i was also looking at 2007 750 with 9400 miles asking 7.3 out the door ? this was originally my first choice but then i seen the new 2017 black and yellow 750 and i just fell in love with that color way.
Rayg11 is offline  
post #131 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:26 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 7,923
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayg11 View Post
i was also looking at 2007 750 with 9400 miles asking 7.3 out the door ? this was originally my first choice but then i seen the new 2017 black and yellow 750 and i just fell in love with that color way.
I don't mean to be a smartass but you need to find another dealer.

I am a ward of the state.
Winchester Boy is offline  
post #132 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:29 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: texas
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Boy View Post
I don't mean to be a smartass but you need to find another dealer.
the 07 is at a different dealership but i just want to make sure I'm not going down a wrong path so any advice is helpful.
Rayg11 is offline  
post #133 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:37 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 7,923
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayg11 View Post
the 07 is at a different dealership but i just want to make sure I'm not going down a wrong path so any advice is helpful.
Value is debatable of course and maybe others will give their opinion but I think the '07 would be worth about 4.5 out the door and the '12 about '6.5 but there is a reason it has after market fairings.

I am a ward of the state.
Winchester Boy is offline  
post #134 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:42 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: texas
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Boy View Post
Value is debatable of course and maybe others will give their opinion but I think the '07 would be worth about 4.5 out the door and the '12 about '6.5 but there is a reason it has after market fairings.
Thank you i really appreciate the help.
Winchester Boy likes this.
Rayg11 is offline  
post #135 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:59 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester Boy View Post
No! That's crazy high! You could buy a leftover '16 for close to that.
I agree, that sounds expensive. They are advertising it for $8999 so $1400 more for tag and tax?

This is what WB was talking about.

New bike, full warranty, etc.

https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/...R750-120893746

That much difference is worth a weekend drive to get it.
Winchester Boy and Rayg11 like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is offline  
post #136 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:53 PM
Pro Racer
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 1,451
Garage
A little patience, a little luck, and you can find some GREAT deals off of CraigsList, etc.
I know I have.

Are ya feeling lucky?

K5 1000 - ECU Flash; Manual CCT, K&N, Yoshi Muffler, Ti Midpipe; Q3+ 190/55 rear; 520 chain -1/+1; GP Shifting

'I help corn farmers plow their fields on my GSXR'
Todd_Sails is offline  
post #137 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: texas
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6john View Post
I agree, that sounds expensive. They are advertising it for $8999 so $1400 more for tag and tax?

This is what WB was talking about.

New bike, full warranty, etc.

https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/...R750-120893746

That much difference is worth a weekend drive to get it.
dang i really wish i could
Rayg11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GSXR.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time rider, first time bike owner lighter New riders and members. 6 12-10-2016 12:02 AM
My Suzuki shop thinks I'm an idiot.....READ READ READ Boaz1 General GSXR Chat 22 06-24-2009 06:32 AM
Helmets, Show off your Helmet. Give some ideas to new buyers what is out there GSXRTONY General GSXR Chat 2 02-11-2008 10:52 AM
Buyers Guide trickyslick General GSXR Chat 0 01-14-2007 11:33 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome