Bullied and booted by the other “gixr” forum and other summer pics. - GSXR.com
 26Likes
  • 1 Post By PaulPhilly
  • 1 Post By PaulPhilly
  • 3 Post By rv6john
  • 1 Post By rv6john
  • 2 Post By rv6john
  • 2 Post By Spyder13
  • 1 Post By Just_Nick
  • 2 Post By JCW
  • 2 Post By Racerxxxgsxr1000
  • 1 Post By PaulPhilly
  • 1 Post By Tinsnips
  • 4 Post By Winchester Boy
  • 1 Post By Tinsnips
  • 1 Post By rv6john
  • 1 Post By PaulPhilly
  • 2 Post By Winchester Boy
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Rider
 
PaulPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 408
Bullied and booted by the other “gixr” forum and other summer pics.

I’m not sure if I can mention names I’m sure you get the idea of where I’m talking about.I’m not looking for trouble I’m looking too network and learn with others about my bike, tbh there’s no Philadelphia chat i wouldn’t mind meeting and riding with people local to me.im in the other forum I simply corrected someone and stated some facts I guess that person was a big shot in that forrum with power to kick me out simply bc he did not beleive my facts and was unwilling or too lazy too look it up .... my next post I was banned. I’m not mad just frustrated I was bullied! I could create a new screen name and rejoin but I don’t want to be part of any thing that abuses power or bullies anyone for any reason.
Todd_Sails likes this.

Last edited by PaulPhilly; 05-29-2019 at 08:21 PM.
PaulPhilly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:06 PM
Pro Racer
 
Motionelco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Golden state
Posts: 3,355
It’s a cool forum . You need thick skin to be there. I’ve been banned about 3 times :dunno:
Motionelco is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Rider
 
PaulPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 408
Thick skin I got, I wish someone would of told that to the guy that banned me.
PaulPhilly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:49 PM
Pro Racer
 
Motionelco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Golden state
Posts: 3,355
You were permabanned ?
Motionelco is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Rider
 
PaulPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 408
I did not get the email till after I made this thread and after I fell asleep, 5day ban ...
Todd_Sails likes this.

Last edited by PaulPhilly; 05-30-2019 at 04:21 AM.
PaulPhilly is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:53 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,939
There is a significant cultural difference between the two sites. The "battered woman syndrome" best describes participants of that site that keep going back despite the abuse.

There are a few from that site that lurk here and are easy to spot with their generally snarky, unhelpful comments. I found it best to ignore the noise and carry on with the good people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:04 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,469
The thread was deleted and it looked like spike banned you since your activity looks like you were locked in a conversation (or argument) with them. So what was the argument?
Chuckster is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Rider
 
PaulPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 408
The thread did get out of contexts, 01 monster basically a frankenstein bike made of many diffrent years and sizes in New York . Cool bike! Someone made a comment how did u get that bike inspected that way, I returned joking with a lol “people accually get there bike inspected” I was never a fan of inspection personally but it was made in humor. So the next comment went something like “ because it’s the law, face smack” I did not like the face smack.
I starting quoting the accual law witch is written in the constitution that our ancestors shed blood and died for inspection registration even a dl is all bullshit unless u plan on generating revenue on the highways if u are using a vehicle for any personal reason you are not accually driving it’s called traveling until u start using the vehicle for commercial use. It’s all a fact I’m not making it up you can look it up for your self witch I suggested more than once to spike, apparently spike is a retired cop and did not like are rites given to us by the constitution and banned me.
I started quoting the accual law
PaulPhilly is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:01 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,939
@PaulPhilly may I suggest you just let it drop.

Personally, it does not matter to me what happens/happened there and your venting here solves nothing.
Tinsnips likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750
rv6john is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Rider
 
PaulPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 408
I apologize rv6john if I offended you, venting here did kill some of my frustration , I only explained bc I was asked wat happened and I’ll let it go in here. I do have strong feelings and feel it’s a duty of mine as the USA changes to teach the way it was intended to be when it began so history does not repeat it self so America will not fall ! Maybe this is the wrong place for it and I let my emotions get in the way....
PaulPhilly is offline  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:15 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,939
No offense taken. It is just that you are not the first. Complaining here is just off putting to me, but I'm sure that was not your intention.

I've taken to heart something I heard decades ago: "There are too many nice people in the world to waste time with assholes".

Post something about your bike or good rides!
Spyder13 and Wraith_Rider like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750

Last edited by rv6john; 05-30-2019 at 08:17 AM.
rv6john is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:10 AM
Rider
 
Spyder13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 374
Garage
Most of us here have found this place after an unpleasant experience over there. I am a member there, but choose to be here, as I don't find the other to be of any help to anyone... We are far more forgiving to typo's and all around mechanical ignorance here. We all started somewhere, and would never have learned anything, about anything if there wasn't someone with a little patience to teach us what they know...
Todd_Sails and Wraith_Rider like this.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
― Hunter S. Thompson
Spyder13 is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:28 AM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPhilly View Post
The thread did get out of contexts, 01 monster basically a frankenstein bike made of many diffrent years and sizes in New York . Cool bike! Someone made a comment how did u get that bike inspected that way, I returned joking with a lol “people accually get there bike inspected” I was never a fan of inspection personally but it was made in humor. So the next comment went something like “ because it’s the law, face smack” I did not like the face smack.
Well, they don't tolerate any cop bashing over there. So, I can kind of piece together what happened since stuff like that happens all the time. And yes, people who want the privilege of using a motor vehicle as their means of travel must abide by the laws. I'm a constitutionalist, so I don't disagree with you. You are free to travel... start walking, but can't walk along an interstate. Our laws are often counter to the common sense of freedom, but without some level of "rules" we'd be in anarchy.

Now, I'm sure you were warned and then just carried on. So you didn't get banned for your opinion, you got banned because you wouldn't drop it.
Chuckster is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Rider
 
PaulPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 408
I had no idea till half way threw I was talking to a cop there Wes no bashing only facts were thrown out there! You can look it up traveling definition is accually more than moving your feet..,, I’m not going to get into it , you can look it up if u want to learn something new , more importantly this is the main issue people should already know it! They don’t bc it’s forgotten and that’s how u get walked on!
PaulPhilly is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Pro Racer
 
Chuckster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,469
Argue all you want. Until you change the law, you're wrong. I could write volumes on all the laws that are anti-freedom, but if I get arrested for one, you think the judge is going to let me go because I say so?
Chuckster is offline  
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:24 PM
Racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 500
Good lord, another one of these threads. Drop it or you're going to find that your 5-day ban will turn permanent.
Todd_Sails likes this.

GSXR 1000: Always purchase a liter bike, because it is the most economic choice.
Just_Nick is offline  
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:39 PM
JCW
Rider
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 311
A couple of old men who can’t get it up so they get off on banning people that express a different opinion and a bitch on the rag all the time?

Who cares...

Argue with them, get banned and walk away. We’ll be here waiting.
Todd_Sails and Wraith_Rider like this.

Last edited by JCW; 05-30-2019 at 05:42 PM.
JCW is offline  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:30 PM
Pro Racer
 
Racerxxxgsxr1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,845
Just knowing that this site is a "no attitude" place makes it easier to step away if something comes off wrong. Pop in later everything is fine. Usually if you hear something smartassed here IT IS a joke.
JCW and Wraith_Rider like this.

My father left this Earth for Heaven 5/22/18.
I love you dad, you'll be greatly missed.
I'll always keep on keeping on.

.
.
.
.
Racerxxxgsxr1000 is offline  
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:09 AM
Pro Racer
 
FubarRacin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,512
Garage
^^What he said

You can get Happy in the same pants you got Pissed off in

January 2018 BOTM winner
May 2018 BOTM winner

FubarRacin is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 06:37 PM
Rider
 
Wraith_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Chicago Heights, Illinois
Posts: 139
Garage
I also had a bad experience on that "other site". And you know what?

Who cares about them?
Let them run the site how they want and then force the better quality people to come here after dealing with the antics there!

A forum's quality has a lot to do with who runs the forum, rather who moderates said forum. Unfortunately, the mods there can make opinions of you, but if you disagree they ban you or belittle you (often both), with members joining in. I am quite sure a lot of people here can attest to the treatment there, and that explains why they left and came here. Some members here are active on both forums.

Thankfully, you have a choice in the matter and you have a quality forum here. Much more worth your while!

Don't sweat it, enjoy this forum and your GSXR!

2005 K5 GSXR 600
-Fully restored and painted by myself
-Carbon fiber bar ends and levers
-Shinko Stealth 003 tires
-NGK Iridium Spark plugs
Wraith_Rider is offline  
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Rider
 
PaulPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 408
Ty I used to be active on both, I have not returned over there since this happen .
Todd_Sails likes this.
PaulPhilly is offline  
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:17 AM
Rider
 
DEATHWISHRIDERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 400
DEATHWISHRIDERS is offline  
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:31 PM
Mod of the North.
 
Tinsnips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Take a wild guess...
Posts: 24,178
My my, it has been a while since one of these threads. Yes, the culture is different over there. Yes it is moderated differently. Yes, I am a lifetime member of both. Yes, most prefer it here. Sorry about your experience, many here have done the same.

In the olden days the scrap between the sites saw raids where someone would be getting hassled on one site and members would log on from the other site and support them becoming an internet brawl. That practice was quickly squashed by the mods here. Subsequently, threads on the topic of GDC typically get closed because they really don't add value here.

You guys are harshing my buzz, time to let it go. I am officially thread jacking this shizit. As was requested earlier lets see some pics, it is the end of summer for most of us, throw up pics of your favorite ride so far this year.
Spyder13 likes this.

Favorite Quote: "Told y'all I was gonna blow shit up." -Fubar



Total MPG Wins: 189 (Retired)
Tinsnips is offline  
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:39 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 7,907
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsnips View Post
My my, it has been a while since one of these threads. Yes, the culture is different over there. Yes it is moderated differently. Yes, I am a lifetime member of both. Yes, most prefer it here. Sorry about your experience, many here have done the same.

In the olden days the scrap between the sites saw raids where someone would be getting hassled on one site and members would log on from the other site and support them becoming an internet brawl. That practice was quickly squashed by the mods here. Subsequently, threads on the topic of GDC typically get closed because they really don't add value here.

You guys are harshing my buzz, time to let it go. I am officially thread jacking this shizit. As was requested earlier lets see some pics, it is the end of summer for most of us, throw up pics of your favorite ride so far this year.
And another F’n thing.
I can no longer post pictures.
I’m old and I don’t want to hear about the 14 F’n steps to post one.
Get off my lawn!!!

I am a ward of the state.
Winchester Boy is online now  
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:42 PM
Mod of the North.
 
Tinsnips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Take a wild guess...
Posts: 24,178
Awesome, I will indeed accept pics of lawns in this thread.
Winchester Boy likes this.

Favorite Quote: "Told y'all I was gonna blow shit up." -Fubar



Total MPG Wins: 189 (Retired)
Tinsnips is offline  
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 05:40 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
rv6john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In the twisties around Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 7,939
Meanwhile, the weather is perfect in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DR lake 1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	288143

Click image for larger version

Name:	DR lake 2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	288145
Spyder13 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
If you think reading is tricky, how the hell are you going to follow troubleshooting directions?
"Riding well is difficult, riding poorly is easy and painful."
- Nick Ienatsch


"We're all here because we're not all there" - Guy Favron on Gold Rush

K6 750

Last edited by rv6john; 08-29-2019 at 07:33 PM.
rv6john is offline  
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Rider
 
PaulPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 408
That’s a beautiful scene John! The weather was perfect here also, Thursday’s I usually start work early 6am on the Job. I woke up for no reason 330 am this morning . I did not take the bike out after work I was beat but I’m kicking my self in the ass rite now for staying in on such a nice day. I am tempted to go out now , I can’t tell you the last time I went out for a ride 9pm with out already being out earlier in the day. lol I guess I’m getting old.
rv6john likes this.

Last edited by PaulPhilly; 08-29-2019 at 06:12 PM.
PaulPhilly is offline  
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 03:16 PM
Squid
 
$Carnage$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
BTW...it's "Gixxer."
$Carnage$ is offline  
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 04:16 PM
Pro Racer
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 1,432
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPhilly View Post
The thread did get out of contexts, 01 monster basically a frankenstein bike made of many diffrent years and sizes in New York . Cool bike! Someone made a comment how did u get that bike inspected that way, I returned joking with a lol “people accually get there bike inspected” I was never a fan of inspection personally but it was made in humor. So the next comment went something like “ because it’s the law, face smack” I did not like the face smack.
I starting quoting the accual law witch is written in the constitution that our ancestors shed blood and died for inspection registration even a dl is all bullshit unless u plan on generating revenue on the highways if u are using a vehicle for any personal reason you are not accually driving it’s called traveling until u start using the vehicle for commercial use. It’s all a fact I’m not making it up you can look it up for your self witch I suggested more than once to spike, apparently spike is a retired cop and did not like are rites given to us by the constitution and banned me.
I started quoting the accual law
NOT trying to argue with you at all, but,

When I lived in TX, even the motorcycles had to pass a basic inspection. Tires, lights, etc. And you had to have the sticker somewhere displayed too.
Hey Texans, is it still that way, motorcycle inspections every year?

K5 1000 - ECU Flash; Manual CCT, K&N, Yoshi Muffler, Ti Midpipe; Q3+ 190/55 rear; 520 chain -1/+1; GP Shifting

'I help corn farmers plow their fields on my GSXR'
Todd_Sails is offline  
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 04:24 PM
Pro Racer
 
Todd_Sails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: A Texan, living in Franklin, WI
Posts: 1,432
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by $Carnage$ View Post
BTW...it's "Gixxer."
Oh, I'm pretty sure it's Jizzer! LOL

K5 1000 - ECU Flash; Manual CCT, K&N, Yoshi Muffler, Ti Midpipe; Q3+ 190/55 rear; 520 chain -1/+1; GP Shifting

'I help corn farmers plow their fields on my GSXR'
Todd_Sails is offline  
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 04:42 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Winchester Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester Ky
Posts: 7,907
Garage
Click image for larger version

Name:	9ACEB9CA-E703-4444-9CB7-4268BD94DC8E.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	288151
This is my Arctic Hat.
I wear it when I mow the yard and nearly freeze to death.
Todd_Sails and Vader225 like this.

I am a ward of the state.
Winchester Boy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GSXR.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome