Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Red light and F1 flashing on cluster

32K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  finest318 
#1 ·
I have a 06 gsxr 600 its got 4700 miles on it and the Light just started flashing after i started it up. When the F1 flashes is that a code or is that a signal that i need to check fluids or get the bike tested at a dealer for something wrong? Help me out please..

#2 · (Edited)
Do a search for dealer mode for your bike, follow the directions and report back after you get the error code

Edit: the f1 red light is actually FI:thumbup:

#18 ·
Hi - I have K4 600 , ex-track bike , i bought the bike few months ago and had no issues or any problems with the bike , i actually think the bike is done up somehow, any ways i have the FI and Red light that flashes and read up on all the topics here but found a bummer , i have located the dealer swith next to the battery but i have 6 wires running into it and they are all black with green marks and white stripe through them , which 2 wires do i bridge to get the fault code...i've taking my bike to 170mp/h and had no problems then all of sudden this light appears and the bike does not wanna exceed 9000rpm what could be the cause and which wires do i use for the fault code ? anybody please help me !!!

#5 ·
I have a Two Brothers slip on as well. There are some wires in the exhaust that get stretched out from the heat. Its something like that, my mechanic explains it much better. So shouldnt be anyuthing to worry about, they can correct that for you on your next stop in a shop or you can research the codes and DIY.

mine came on just a few weeks ago and thats what they told me. just hit about 7500 miles on the 07. Just some sensor for the exhaust. Get on the highway and bomb it to redline in 2nd to 3rd and it should go away :lol: probably not the best thing but it works. Its a gsx-r, itll live :thumbup:

#6 ·
i dont have the connector to plug in but if i cycle the kill switch it turns the f1 signal off And im not getting a code unless im not doing something right. all i get is f1 and temp flashing with running and with key turned on I dont understand the dealer mode and how to activate without the conector to plug in

#15 · (Edited)
:infrandom :headscrat

Did you read the how-to on the dealer mode thread?

Can you read? We can already see writing and describing is not a strong point.

I HIGHLY doubt your bike doesn't have the dealer mode plug. If it didn't - how would the dealers find the codes?

Here:

start bike> bike won't start>bike does start

FI light comes on. Tachometer reads "FI"

If bike is running - take a paper clip or extra piece of wire and jump the connections in the dealer switch in the trunk of the bike. It may also be located along the side behind the tail fairing.

The light MUST BE ON and remain on before you connect those two spots.

As soon as you connect them - a code will pop up in the tach.

-C00 means you have no faults or you did the test wrong.

#8 ·
You dont have a manual? theres a manual thread on here if you just search.

Mine comes on since the bike was downed about a month ago and some sensor is off in the exhaust. Get a manual is all i got for you :thumbup:

#9 ·
I dont have my shift light set up either, but the clock is pretty easy. Just hold down the button that toggles between the diffrent options, like clock, miles, trip miles... and then just click the other buttons on the other side of the cluster to edit the clock. This is so hard to explain, but shouldnt be hard to do. play around a little and youll get, its been years (since 2007) that ive touched my clock :lol:

#24 ·
I have the same problem:
red light on with Check on the screen..goes away when engine start. Local shop told me it's common for any aftermarket exhaust installed. Mine is 09 Gixxer 1000,,w/ Taylor made exhaust & cat.. Bike seem to run fine.. I do want a get rid of this light..& also read about Dealer mode way?
Any input will help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.