GP Tech Gloves - GSXR.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By JETMECHANIC
  • 1 Post By Newyork
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 930
Garage
GP Tech Gloves

So I had to replace my Racer High Racer gloves due to a low side that caused some finger thread separation. I decided to spring for the black GP Techs as found them online for $239 shipped. I received them sept 10th and started wearing them around the house. Rode in them for the 6th time today so they still aren't broken in. My friend was looking at them for the first time and finds a stitch has come loose. Left hand, finger stitch come loose. You gotta be kidding me..... top of the line gloves coming apart before break in?!?! Seems like China has forced the quality of the world to lessen for the sake of profit.

I'm really disappointed as I thought these high priced gloves were worth the $$...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
https://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Pro Racer
 
MadeInAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 3,248
Where online did you buy them?
MadeInAmerica is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 930
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Where online did you buy them?
Champion Helmets its in Europe. I've bought plenty of gear from this place so I know it's legitimate... Just haven't had to deal with anything like this yet....we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
https://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 09:19 AM
Stays Crispy in Milk
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 5,610
Garage
There have been problems with A*stars knockoffs, though I think there have been quality problems with the legit ones too. I have GP Tech right now and really like them. Hoping they hold up.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 930
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerblade View Post
There have been problems with A*stars knockoffs, though I think there have been quality problems with the legit ones too. I have GP Tech right now and really like them. Hoping they hold up.
These are definitely real, this is the 2nd pair I bought from the same place. First pair my boy has been wearing for a year bc they were too big and they are fine.....figures right! I have been instructed to deal directly with A Stars as they will replace within 12 months of purchase..will update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
https://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
 
JETMECHANIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Surf City
Posts: 4,833
Garage
Pretty sure if you get a hold of racer gloves they will make it good. I have been wearing these for years and never had a problem. I have always got them straight from Racer

Motorcycle Gloves For Racing and Street-Racer Gloves USA

JETMECHANIC is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 930
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETMECHANIC View Post
Pretty sure if you get a hold of racer gloves they will make it good. I have been wearing these for years and never had a problem. I have always got them straight from Racer

Motorcycle Gloves For Racing and Street-Racer Gloves USA
Lol, my Racer Gloves aren't the issue here......the replacements A Stars Gp Techs are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
https://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
 
JETMECHANIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Surf City
Posts: 4,833
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork View Post
Lol, my Racer Gloves aren't the issue here......the replacements A Stars Gp Techs are.
Well I really screwed this up LOL. I stand corrected I misread the hell outa your post.
Newyork likes this.

JETMECHANIC is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 930
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETMECHANIC View Post
Well I really screwed this up LOL. I stand corrected I misread the hell outa your post.
All good mang. Either way heres the latest. The dealer in Netherlands wants me to ship him back the gloves so he can send them to AStars. This is the problem with trying to save $100 buying from Europe. Astars USA won't play ball, but I should not have to pay a dime to fix this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
https://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:01 AM
Stays Crispy in Milk
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 5,610
Garage
I think my next gloves will be Heroic.

There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. -Joey Dunlop
tigerblade is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Pro Racer
 
Blkoutbusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,416
Garage
I LOVED my A* gloves, so I bought another pair. Sad to say, I am not nearly as happy this go around. I bought a more "street" glove that's suppose to be even more comfy, and they are less comfortable than my more race gloves. I can feel the seams inside the left hand index finger terribly. They just don't fit well and I have them broken in at this point.

Very disappointed with A* at this point.....

SRAD600: "...but when I crack that throttle and my smile goes ear to ear and my pecker perks up I cant think of what better motivation to take care of her."
Blkoutbusa is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 01:36 PM
Pro Racer
 
Ozsyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,357
I got some A* gloves as a gift. They didn't fit - way too tight so I took them back and the next size up was way too loose. Ended up selecting a pair of dainese gauntlet gloves. They fit perfectly. Lesson is go to a shop and try on gloves of several brands till you find one that works for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it June yet?
Ozsyd600 is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 930
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerblade View Post
I think my next gloves will be Heroic.
Heroic is right near me...their gloves are awesome and I'm pissed you mentioned this bc I should have bought those!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkoutgsxr View Post
I LOVED my A* gloves, so I bought another pair. Sad to say, I am not nearly as happy this go around. I bought a more "street" glove that's suppose to be even more comfy, and they are less comfortable than my more race gloves. I can feel the seams inside the left hand index finger terribly. They just don't fit well and I have them broken in at this point.

Very disappointed with A* at this point.....
Now made in China....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozsyd600 View Post
I got some A* gloves as a gift. They didn't fit - way too tight so I took them back and the next size up was way too loose. Ended up selecting a pair of dainese gauntlet gloves. They fit perfectly. Lesson is go to a shop and try on gloves of several brands till you find one that works for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I knew these would fit just didn't think they'd start coming apart after a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
https://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 06:29 PM
Pro Racer
 
Ozsyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork View Post
Heroic is right near me...their gloves are awesome and I'm pissed you mentioned this bc I should have bought those!!!







Now made in China....





I knew these would fit just didn't think they'd start coming apart after a month!


If they start coming apart after a month, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if you come off the bike. Not good at all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it June yet?
Ozsyd600 is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 930
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozsyd600 View Post
If they start coming apart after a month, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if you come off the bike. Not good at all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes you're correct. I took the GP tech gloves to the guy who is fixing my racer gloves and he said how the Astars gloves seem to have cotton thread used as finger stitching...he can't believe they would do something so stupid, he rides himself and owns a pair of GP plus gloves that are 6 yrs old. I am trying to return these $300 cheaply made gloves now bc I'm disgusted!

Buyer beware: Alpinestars is just a name now....I heard this but now have truly experienced it first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
https://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 07:13 AM
Pro Racer
 
MadeInAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 3,248
My GP plus gloves have been great. Few years old now and crash tested with no issues so far.
MadeInAmerica is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:09 AM
Novice
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 69
Can't complain about my A* gear. Went down at the track-90mph low side and my GP plus gloves held up well as did my Atem suit. I believe my gear saved my 50 year old ass! I think you got a bad quality batch-disappointing because they don't give this stuff away!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hotdogtom is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 930
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
My GP plus gloves have been great. Few years old now and crash tested with no issues so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdogtom View Post
Can't complain about my A* gear. Went down at the track-90mph low side and my GP plus gloves held up well as did my Atem suit. I believe my gear saved my 50 year old ass! I think you got a bad quality batch-disappointing because they don't give this stuff away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll see what happens from here..sent them back to Astars last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
https://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 08:05 PM
AGA
Squid
 
AGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 6
I only use dainese products and never had problem with. Always feels like top quality.
AGA is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 06:39 AM
Novice
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 60
Great gloves
Antonio_beqa is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 930
Garage
Just to clear this up and put it to rest, I sold the replacement pair of sub par Astars on eBay and purchased a pair of RS Taichi GP Evos...These will be my go to brand from now on as the fit is perfect for me.
Todd_Sails likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruenin View Post
you have in your hands one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Great work! That is a beautiful bike.

April 2016 BOTM
https://www.gsxr.com/42-gsxr-news/217...ml#post3396066
Newyork is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GSXR.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome